Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Suggestion on -8 line over axle

I'm looking for suggestions (pictures too) of how you ran fuel lines from the tank over the axle to frame rail.

I'm running q.2 -8 AN lines, no way they will both fit in stock locations.

Car is a 69 Cutlass, I'd imagine any 64+ GM would be similar.

Thanks,
      Nick

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

I ran one -8 and one -4 in stock location in my '66 GTO. I did it with the body off though, which may make it a bit easier. I think it might be pretty tough to get 2 -8s there otherwise, though I have a boxed frame which is even more difficult. If your frame is not boxed I would think it's not a big deal.

Take a look at http://www.photobucket.com/1966pontiac and look at the categories on the left. I think there were some pics in there, but here's one:

'66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm running Aeroquip rubber lines with outer shield, pretty big O.D. on this stuff. And... I'm not taking the body off for this project!

Nice ride by the way!

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Here are some better pictures:

Stock tank with RobbMc Pick Up, here you can see the feed outlet on the pick up looping over the the filter/inlet side of the pump.

I have a 45* outlet here, but can be changed if needed. I need to get the outlet ran from here, over the axle, the passenger frame rail.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Did you box your frame? If the frame isn't boxed, I would think you have plenty of room. There should be plenty of room directly above the rear axle for you to come out of the RobbMC sender (same thing I'm using, BTW) to the reg. I mounted my prefilter offset but above the rear end and it's all -8AN Braided, which I would guess is close to the same OD as what you're using. I just happen to connect to hard lines above there as well. Where is your clearance problem? I'm sorry - I just realized I had not taken pics of that assembly.

'66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com