Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

American Autowire Crimper?

So the AAW kits need a specialty crimper, and I've been to every store around me and they have no idea what I'm talking about. A specialty shop I stopped at said its a few hundred dollar tool that requires a special order. Is this true? Why is this necessary?

Dan
      1968 Camaro v2
      LS6 :: Viper T56 :: C5 Brakes :: Hotchkis Suspension

I have no idea what crimper you're talking about. We installed an AAW Highway 15 harness in my car with no "special crimper".
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

Dan
      1968 Camaro v2

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Overkill, you'll be fine with a proper ratcheting terminal crimper for non insulated terminals. Cost: $20-$30.

I had an electrician look it over and he told me needle nose pliers and a big ass set of pliers (not technical term, forgot what he called it) will work fine. Thanks guys.
      Dan
      1968 Camaro v2

Country Flag: United States
      I think if your worried about it AAW has a lend program where you leave a deposit and they send you the crimper and when you return it you get your money back. If you keep it you loose your money. check it out.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Vicinity View Post
      It says: "The Master Crimper performs both the wire core and insulation crimp in a single action saving you from having to do them separately as you would when using any other crimp tool"

Believe me. We wired every single wire on my car, including doing some interesting things like adding some double pole double throw relays and microswitches. Started with a shell that didn't have a single wire in it. NOTHING stock. Regular wiring tools will do you fine. Every one of my connections is also soldered. My advice is solder it and then don't worry.
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com