Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      looking good

Country Flag: United States
      Oh Wow, Going on 6 years since a update. Had some major issue's with PhotoBucket, All the pic links were lost. Thought I would revive this thread as so much has happened since.

In next week will try to figure out how to replace the lost links.

Our Spokane house sold February of 2011. Moved into apartment. Made the move back to Phoenix stayed in a rental with no room for projects. Then finally bought a house in Phoenix with a decent yard but crappy garage. It has taken a long time to get going again. Then health issue's kicked in. Lost nearly 6 years. I now have 2 other MAJOR projects I have started.

This is what the '66 427 Project truck looks like now.

That thing looks Sweet! Glad you are back at it.

Just over 18 years since I last drove this truck! No $ time or health issues have really put a damper on this project.

I was finally able to get the truck out of another long time storage and slowly trying to finish the truck for my Middle daughters wedding mid April. Although still plagued with continued health issues have made some progress.

I was able to have Baer Racing make me up a custom set of 14" 6 Piston brakes for the project and they are now installed although still have to run the brake lines and hook up the E-brakes.

Rotor inside a 15" wheel

Refresher because so many photo's are missing

Still remains the 482" FE Dual Quad with a Cobra Jet C-6. I have now added a GV OD unit also.

I do have some Mercury script covers I had Show Chromed that will go on near end of build.

Plenty of clearance for the GV OD unit!

I also upgraded the Rear center to a Nodular 31 Spline with 4340 Chromemoly axles

Driveshaft is only 36" long. Quite short for a pickup truck

I also found another really nice short bed box that I have blasted top n bottom inside and out. I had replaced the original box floor with a late model F150 and although quite happy with how it turned out the shape of ribs is way different so elected for the more OEM look. It only took 18yrs to find the proper box!

These are the home brewed Step Headers I did. Just today a bunch of 3" 304 Stainless showed up to build remainder of exhaust system.

Almost forgot the best upgrade!

I ordered a pair of these wheels from Schott! Hope they look as good on truck as I envision! Expecting them to be done in next 2-3 weeks as a 6-7 week turnaround.

I had to change bolt pattern on truck with a lot of custom parts just to get these wheels.

Front wheels are 18 x 8 and will be getting Continental Extreme Contact Sport 245/45ZR18 Tires
      Rear Wheels are 18 x 10 and will get Continental Extreme Contact Sport 285/40ZR18's About the largest I can do and still have proper clearance.

I also have a Twin Turbo 540" Boss9 truck build that I started a year ago. Takes so long just to gather parts!

C & C Alum Block
      Bryant Billet Crank
      Carrillo Rods
      Kaase B9 Heads
      Custom Turbo's
      Finally have all pieces to get going on engine.

Wish It would have gone in this truck but too buried in this 482" FE to change now.

Nice parts! I had a long history with Fords years ago, all the way from boss 302 to 427 sohc. It's always good to see someone restart. I'm sure I didn't need to tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Nice parts! I had a long history with Fords years ago, all the way from boss 302 to 427 sohc. It's always good to see someone restart. I'm sure I didn't need to tell you that.
      I have been messing with fords for over 45yrs. Same from Boss 302 to 427 SOHC and B9. Winding down now with only a year or so left before I hang up the toolbelt. Just current projects to finish then thats it.

The custom wheels from Schott showed up, tires mounted. Schott knocked it out of ballpark on the wheel build!

Making progress but pretty slow . .

I finished up building the 304 Stainless Exhaust. The home made headers got ceramic coated. Ready to start assy

Decided to go with a Dual Quad EFI, that is now here also

This last pic wheel obviously not in place. Gotta jack body up from frame to get it in place

Waiting to hear your review on the Fitech. A few years ago I ran into a man with a Falcon that had an Easy efi dual quad setup on a tunnel ram sbf. He was very happy. He had a street tune and a race tune loaded in the controller. He was real pleased with the way he could swap.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Waiting to hear your review on the Fitech. A few years ago I ran into a man with a Falcon that had an Easy efi dual quad setup on a tunnel ram sbf. He was very happy. He had a street tune and a race tune loaded in the controller. He was real pleased with the way he could swap.
      Hopefully will know in a couple weeks or so

Love the build!!

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod47 View Post
      Love the build!!
      Thanks Glenn! I kept up with your entire build on the MAV. Congrats for the sweeping 5 Awards at the big show! Much deserved!

Its back on all 4 wheels for the first time in months!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com