Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 6'9"Witha69 View Post
      I love it. Makes me want to redo my '62 F100. Camaro is first in linr though.
      Thanks! I really like the 61-66 F Series trucks. Have another too that will get my other Side Oiler soon.

restored dash and seat

Beautiful. father had a 66 he used as a delivery truck for the rental business he had owned. Leaned how the trive a standard trans with that truck.

Looks like you are running my friend Doug Garifo's rockers (Precision Oil Pumps).

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectSideOiler View Post
      This is where its at right now. Still a ton of work left to do but finally looking like something has been done.

Trying to do the complete truck for under 25k. Looks like it may be possible. A HUGE chunk of that was spent on the engine. Close to 50%

It may just be the angle of the picture, but how are you planning on changing out the oil filter?

Quote Originally Posted by csx4766 View Post
      Beautiful. father had a 66 he used as a delivery truck for the rental business he had owned. Leaned how the trive a standard trans with that truck.

Looks like you are running my friend Doug Garifo's rockers (Precision Oil Pumps).
      Thanks!

I actually bought them from Cam Research and they would not tell me who's they are... I would like to find out for sure if they are from Doug as have a few questions on setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_LS2 View Post
      It may just be the angle of the picture, but how are you planning on changing out the oil filter?
      It does look close but there is a fair amount of room.

Enough where I can actually fit my hand underneath it.

The last photo is a bit of trick photography as my hand is actually in a pocket I build for just that. The truck oil adaptor has the filter pointing out but did not want to have a major oil spill each time I removed the filter.

Also had to notch the frame for the road race type "T" oil pan.

Good eye though! lol

All hardware back from the plater. Most is electroless nickel as will hold out the elements so I can actually "drive" this thing.

another time consuming job was restoring the gauges.

You didn't want to convert to rear sump? I have to as my I beam hits the sump (slightly) at full bump.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

LOVE the truck, beautiful (and fast) work.

It might just be the pic but to me it looks like the engine is not centered (moved towards the left part of the pic..

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_LS2 View Post
      Have Fun!
      André

2009 Chrysler 300C Touring.
      3.0 liter V6 diesel, five speed auto, black with light grey leather.
      1968 Chevelle Coupe.
      355cid, Viper T56, Corvette C4 IRS (Dana 44) and Corvette C4 IFS with Porsche 6piston Brembo's.
      1980 Chevy Van (shortie G10).
      355cid, TH350, 8.5" 10bolt posi and Belltech spindles.
      2000 BMW 540i Wagon. (FOR SALE €7K)
      4.4 liter V8, six speed manual, lowered and with Bilstein B8's, silver with black leather.
      2001 Ford Focus Wagon.
      1.8 liter turbo diesel, and a whoppin 90HP.:bsjerk:
      1968 Benelli Motorella
      foldable 50c scooter to go in a car trunk.
      2x '90s Yamaha TZR 2stroke bikes.
      one 125cc one cylinder and one will be 350cc two cylinder.

I love the choice of truck and I really like this build thread, alot of pics and very detailed. thanks for sharing!!
      Rene P.

My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
      LOVE the truck, beautiful (and fast) work.

It might just be the pic but to me it looks like the engine is not centered (moved towards the left part of the pic..
      Andre, Yes you would be correct. I had just dropped the engine and trans along with the cab back on to chassis and jumped the gun taking the pic.
      Also the engine is not level in the pic but it was the best pic I had to show the build. Thanks all for the kind words.

A couple pics when I was leveling it up.
      The mounts are still not bolted up at this point, the cab is not 100% squared either. Kind of a test fit to make sure is all ok. Brake booster is only 1/4" from valve cover less gasket so I need to make a wedge for it etc. The intake manifold is also just sitting there... The tailshaft-rear needs to go to drivers side by about 1/2. crossmember not bolted in yet...

Its really a struggle trying to do everything yourself. Especially when dropping in the engine/trans or installing/removing the cab or bed along with a zillion other tasks. Its taking a long time trying to do it all myself to save $$ as do not have the funds to farm anything out. That includes, engine, trans, body & paint, interior etc. Also the weather here really sucks so doing any blasting, painting etc has to be on a few and far between nice day. Last night it was down well below freezing and its getting close to the end of May! lol

More updates soon. Getting a tad excited to actually hear it run.

Wheel Choice

After 10yrs of looking and debating with myself on wheel choice & purchasing a custom set of wheels I liked but not my real choice but by $$ I have finally found a set of wheels to go on the truck and to fit the rest of my theme.

A email was sent to Schott wheels to see if they could do it in a 5 on 5 bolt pattern. Its simply amazing the fast and personal response I rec'd this morning from Dave at Schott Wheels.

I still need to determine exact sizing, spacing etc but need a little help.

I now have a 15" wheel with major caliper clearance issues along with being very heavy. I was thinking on going to 17x10 & 17 x 8's. Also the 15" has such a poor tire selection.

I need a little help as I plan on Autocross with this truck.

I am afraid a 18" wheel would look too big? This is the wheel in question. Whats a good all around tire to use with autox in mind too?

This is the wheel. A pic from Dave and hope it is ok to use. Thanks Dave! I really appreciate all the time you have taken so far to help out especially when other companies just laughed at me.

I have never seen a wheel that looked so "CLEAN".

I viewed pics many times before I caught on what was doing it.

Its like whoa where are the lug nuts... LOL

A link to how its done.

http://www.schottwheels.com/cover-loc.cfm

Amazing service so far from this company and am happy to have found them here on another members ride.

Wow....coolest thing about this truck is EVERYTHING!

Rick C.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541371/4

Used to be known as PonyCar'68

You should definitely go with the classic knock offs for the center nut with those wheels!

Nice build

Love the "mercury" valve covers.

I have the same pan as you

I like the wheels

I'd say go 17's

Nice balance of rubber and rim, visually

Personally I think the 18" wheel would look much better than the 17s. 17s on those trucks look too small to me.
      Looking for a new project

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Miller View Post
      Personally I think the 18" wheel would look much better than the 17s. 17s on those trucks look too small to me.
      Agreed.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Quote Originally Posted by 6'9"Witha69 View Post
      Agreed.
      Its looking like 18's. I just need to sort out which tires to use etc. I also need more wheel to fit the bigger brakes.

It will be a week or so as have to finish up on a couple other projects to really get back heavy on this one.

Can anyone help me with sway bar size?

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectSideOiler View Post
      All hardware back from the plater. Most is electroless nickel as will hold out the elements so I can actually "drive" this thing.

Got Nuts?

lol..J/K..

Wow..just a awesome project!

-Jim

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com