Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: DC Controls

Country Flag: United States

DC Controls

Is DC Controls is still in business and shipping products? Emails to them have been kicked back saying that the email delivery has been delayed, whatever that means.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      Is DC Controls is still in business and shipping products? Emails to them have been kicked back saying that the email delivery has been delayed, whatever that means.
      A guy on nastyZ is having the same trouble. Can't get a hold of brian at all.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Going to go back Carl?
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Not for radiator fan control. More of that "I can tell you but I'd have to kill you" stuff. If you bribe me properly on Sunday you can check out the prototype.
      Last edited by CarlC; 05-14-2010 at 07:56 PM.

I have a DC Controls fuel pump controller, if you want. I pulled it off the car when I couldn't get it to work.

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Thanks John, I'll take you up on that. PM on the way.

I just wanted to let everyone know that "Brain is still there" and I have been working on my cooling system to get it dialed in with him and just got some parts 2 weeks ago.

He sometimes gets overloaded with life but if you get him an email he will get back to you.

Now back to the problem in question.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
      A guy on nastyZ is having the same trouble. Can't get a hold of brian at all.
      Yep.

Might try another vendor that has customer support.
      SPAL

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nilsen View Post
      I just wanted to let everyone know that "Brain is still there" and I have been working on my cooling system to get it dialed in with him and just got some parts 2 weeks ago.

He sometimes gets overloaded with life but if you get him an email he will get back to you.

Now back to the problem in question.

oh really?

You would think a company, whether it's a 1 man op or 100, would answer emails (after weeks of waiting patiently for a payed for product that was never delivered, since they don't have a phone they answer), .......... titled "your payment to Brian Baskin" ....... would be promptly replied to. They don't.

sorry for sounding so harsh but if I had known that the product wasn't in stock or the company was on vacation or the dog died or whatever the reason may be for taking my money but not delivering the product is and then totally ignoring my attempts to obtain a delivery date or refund. I would have not bought the product no matter how great it's advertising and personal anecdotes.

yes, nothing new there. I have my own controller design worked out and am dealing with a local manufacturer. I'm tired of never seeing anybody offer a truely nice controller so I thought who better than a fab guy to design one. Some controllers are just too way over-engineered to make them durable while others sacrifice quality for bulk sales. Up until now, I reverted back to a tried/true relay setup.
      "...if at first you don't succeed, try again.
      If you still don't succeed, then quit-no sense being a damn fool about it..."
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

Quote Originally Posted by Grrr View Post
      oh really?

You would think a company, whether it's a 1 man op or 100, would answer emails (after weeks of waiting patiently for a payed for product that was never delivered, since they don't have a phone they answer), .......... titled "your payment to Brian Baskin" ....... would be promptly replied to. They don't.

sorry for sounding so harsh but if I had known that the product wasn't in stock or the company was on vacation or the dog died or whatever the reason may be for taking my money but not delivering the product is and then totally ignoring my attempts to obtain a delivery date or refund. I would have not bought the product no matter how great it's advertising and personal anecdotes.
      I feel your pain believe me. There have been more than a few parts on my car that led me down the road your on and going the distance on most all of them has proven to be less expensive than throwing in the towel. Time wise it is hard to wait for service and that sucks I know. I am more patient than most and it isn't for everyone.

Brian has lost many people because of his situation and that is something he has to deal with and I can't change but the systems really work well once setup if you read what those who have gone the distance will attest to.

Hope he gets you your parts soon.

Yes, I had some units from Brian a few years back that worked great for me...I had even started working out fleet agreements locally for his units but that's another story....I truly think his controllers are the best design but why other members have had issues is unusual at least from my experience. I had an automotive cooling supply company interested after they tested an FK35 but they wanted 1500 units right away to fill their warehouses....I knew that would be next to impossible given the situation.
      "...if at first you don't succeed, try again.
      If you still don't succeed, then quit-no sense being a damn fool about it..."
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

BREAKING: DC Control IS still in business!

I finally received the controller 1 month after being charged for it. It appears to be a very solid product just don't hold your breath waiting for it or any communication.

The only issue I have now is the instructions aren't clear on HOW to securely mount the temp probe on the radiator. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrr View Post
      BREAKING: DC Control IS still in business!

I finally received the controller 1 month after being charged for it. It appears to be a very solid product just don't hold your breath waiting for it or any communication.

The only issue I have now is the instructions aren't clear on HOW to securely mount the temp probe on the radiator. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.
      You push the temp probe in the fins down by the bottom inlet. I used a small screwdriver to start the hole open enough to get the tip in and the push it in and thats it. Leave enough slack in it and it will stay there for ever and it will be hard to get out after a few months.

I really liked my DC Control fan controller. Soft start on the fan, maintains a constant (programmable) coolant temperature via lower fan speeds, plus A/C input override.

Mine worked perfectly from day one.

Recommended, if you can stand the wait.

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

I love mine. I bought an integrated unit, Fan, shroud, FK35 mounted in the shroud with a potentiometer instead of jumpers. Really nice package out of the box! Just had to wait like 3 months and make calls demanding product or repayment. Can't say it was worth the wait, but it really is a very well constructed product.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nilsen View Post
      ... and it will be hard to get out after a few months.
      This. I had to pull may radiator out a few years after and that sob did not want to come out.

Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com