Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Worked on the car today

Now that I am in the new digs http://vincel.home.mindspring.com/Shop/shop3.JPG I thought I should get moving forward on my car. I hosed off the engine and trans that I got from Pick-a-Parts to see if it is infact going to fit in the car as I planned. http://vincel.home.mindspring.com/Pi...ar_engine3.jpg http://vincel.home.mindspring.com/Pi...ngine_frnt.jpg

I had planned on a lot of set back for maximum traction and balance so I went a head and placed it to where I thought it should be http://vincel.home.mindspring.com/Pi...engine_in3.jpg http://vincel.home.mindspring.com/Pi.../engine_in.jpg http://vincel.home.mindspring.com/Pi...engine_in2.jpg It went in pretty easy once I split the engine from the tranny. The Eldo pan is pretty deep so it was having some trouble clearing the cross-member while the valvecovers were trying to go under what was left of the firewall.

I think I will have some work ahead of me as far as the fitting of the firewall and still trying to keep someplace to put my feet. I figured I raced a Fiero in highschool so this will be just like it, just the other way.

man thats gonna be cool. is that a 500inch caddy? i love those zo6 wheels on there also. congrats on the new place it looks really nice i hope the build goes smoothly for ya from here on...

Yep,500ci caddy from a 71 Eldo.

I dont mind the wheels, the price was right off of eBay. I wish the rears were a bit wider tho. I really want to run 335s. I see they make them 12 inches now but only come in chrome. I like the look of the painted wheels. Im hoping they offer them painted soon. If not I will have to strip them and have them all done at the same time.

I'm thinking of moving my engine back. But since its running good at the moment, I will wait to mess with it. How far is it set back in the photos? looks like about 10in. Do you think its going to mess with the foot area and the petal placement much?

Good luck on your project!

Alcino

Quote Originally Posted by alcino
      I'm thinking of moving my engine back. But since its running good at the moment, I will wait to mess with it. How far is it set back in the photos? looks like about 10in.
      It is set back 14 inches from where the stock 4 cyl sat. Gives me plenty room in the front for stuff.

Do you think its going to mess with the foot area and the petal placement much? Alcino
      Oh yea! I am lucky I am not too tall. Its going to be a bit cramped in the foot area. I had an idea that it would be. I'm going to use a 90 degree brake M/C with a hanging pedal,Should clear a bit of room.

alcino, I just noticed your sig pic. I see you have a MII. What engine you running? A 302? When I started this car that was the plan, Then it just kind of snowballed into this.

yes its a Mii with a 302. Came with it stock. Though I have upgraded the motor severly. A 500 is going to be really torquey for that little car. Can you say traction problems?

I too would have gone for a bigger engine for power. But I have a fetish with old trans am series and 302 size limit.

I was thinking of doing 2-4" relocation. But, I am 6' and the seat is all the way back when I drive so I need all the foot room possible.

alcino

A 500 is going to be really torquey for that little car. Can you say traction problems?
      I'm hoping the Jag rearend will help on the traction part. My T Bucket would squat down when I put the pedal down, Im trying to get the best of both worlds in this car. The engine will be basically stock but it will have a bit of grunt to get it rolling.

I too would have gone for a bigger engine for power. But I have a fetish with old trans am series and 302 size limit.alcino
      I did a 302 Pinto wagon a while back along with a turbo Pinto Runabout. I put a 2.3 turbo in a first year MII in high school. I kept the stock wheels and it was a real sleeper.

Holy crap! Man, I applaud your creativity. I showed my wife the pics, and she said "That thing is gonna fly!" Good thing you have a cage, you'll need it just to keep the car from twisting itself apart.
      Steve Ragusa - North Jersey
      2006 Infiniti G35x
      Former Build - 1988 Monte Carlo SS - ZZ4-cammed TPI 355, F-body serpentine conversion, World-Class 5-speed, Eibachs/Bilsteins, Howe tall LBJs, 34mm hollow front swaybar, 3/4" straight rear bar, 17" Coys C55s, 12" front discs, and more. Sold on 2/28/11.

alcino,

I love Mustang II's...... lets see some pics baby!!!

Well, Since it went from Horses to Snakes, We will have to have a picture day, I have a few real ones that would dress up the hood of your car http://vincel.home.mindspring.com/Animals/Cobras.jpg

Very cool concept and im happy to see yout making some progress with it. How much does that caddy engine weigh? That is going to be like a hybrid go cart!
      Do you have any shots from the rear of the car? Looks like some nice meat on the back from a few angles.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

the Caddy fully dressed with an alum intake,block hugger headers and no fuel pump(elec) weighs the same as a stock smallblock with a cast iron intake and exhaust. Hp will be down from a hot smallblock but the lump will have off the wall torque. I will run a tall gear and a TH400 so it should be pretty fun.

I know I could have saved myself a lot of trouble and time by sticking a 302 in it and calling it done but I wanted something a bit different.

I'll take a pic of the rear tonight. I have 295/35/18 on the rear right now but want to get 335s on it. I'm just waiting for the price to drop on the 18X12 ZO6 wheels. I may go 1 inch narrower on the fronts also. I will have to mount the fenders and see if I am going to have contact issues. I do not want to run any type of flare. I will roll the lips if I have to.

I know I could have saved myself a lot of trouble and time by sticking a 302 in it and calling it done but I wanted something a bit different.
      Thats what I like to hear. I look forward to the rear shots.
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

A couple quick shots before I go to work

HOLY SH!! You even have IRS on the rear! That is sick!!! Great pics too. I hope members are paying attention to this car!
      Is the IRS out of a Vette?

Its out of a Jag. The vette was my first choice but when it came down to $$$ the Jag won out. I can get complete setups from Pick a Parts for $250. The cheapest vette was $750. Plus the inboard brakes are just plain cool looking. I like the way the back wheels look with no disk/caliper showing. Makes people look twice. This car may not be the fastest car around but it is going to be different!

Hard to believe you got the entire IRS for only $250.00. Congrats!
      I like the look of the brakes too and your car is going to be extremely fast. Dont forget that there are a lot of guys on this site that have money but there are also a lot of guys on this site that dont have money like me. Point is that your car is goint to be fast, different and within a reasonable budget.
      I just keep staring at that rear end pic and thinking "wow only ?$250.00".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com