Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      Country Flag: United States
      I didnt have it Narrowed... I screwed up though, I had the BOP rebuilt.. should have bought a 12 bolt Oil pan is the GM Hot Rod pan.... Wont use them anymore..I will go with Holley oil pans

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
      Me too! Great job Kevin.

When you d
      Had the diff built, did you have it narrowed?
      What oil pan did you use?

Why won't you use the GM pan?

I can't bring myself to go Holley on the oil pan because it's close to $600 with baffle vs < $200 for the GM stuff.
      1960 Biscayne
      Steve

Its how much they hang down below frame.. on a fbody.. forget..you will rip the thing off.. on the A body its OK...So I guess on some applications is OK.. But since 80% of all my projects are fbody I will go with a Holley

Country Flag: Great Britain
      Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      Nope not procars, Its 1998 Trans Am seats with full power. I just took off the head rest. I have the Lokar shifter with the LED indicator as well..
      Hi Kevin, my car is 90% complete after redoing the original seats, they do not work to high,
      1. how are the trans am seats ?

2. can you get more distance from the clutch with legs ? do they hug you in good ?

3. Also how did the back Trans am seat work any modification
      1966 GTO HELL BEAST PROJECT

Whats up Brother... Yeah, the 1998-2002 T/A seat work great.. I just took off the headrest to make it look older.. The power seat adjust back/ forward up and down, and works great for pedal travel. Im 6'5"240 and fit great.. The rear seats are stock, but we covered them in same material(PLeather) to mimic the lines.. You need modifications, I know I will/might get flamed but Year one sells seat extensions, see added pics for detail, worked great.. I learned though from now on I will build bracing for seat I buy..

Quote Originally Posted by robbie9999 View Post
      Hi Kevin, my car is 90% complete after redoing the original seats, they do not work to high,
      1. how are the trans am seats ?

2. can you get more distance from the clutch with legs ? do they hug you in good ?

3. Also how did the back Trans am seat work any modification
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: Great Britain

Seats for hell beast

As Always I am indebted to you for all your help and advise for my build thanks Kev, will look into getting same seats for front and buy 66 original covers to get stitched into the trans am seats
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      1966 GTO HELL BEAST PROJECT

Nice build I have the same car, just starting my frame off also have the LS2 and T56, do you have any shots of the rear of the car finished? Thanks Brain in Alaska

Im waiting on it to come back from finished paint.. The painter is fixing some of my scratches and final cut and buff.. we get pics soon

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska GTO View Post
      Nice build I have the same car, just starting my frame off also have the LS2 and T56, do you have any shots of the rear of the car finished? Thanks Brain in Alaska

Whats up Brother... Yeah, the 1998-2002 T/A seat work great.. I just took off the headrest to make it look older.. The power seat adjust back/ forward up and down, and works great for pedal travel. Im 6'5"240 and fit great.. The rear seats are stock, but we covered them in same material(PLeather) to mimic the lines.. You need modifications, I know I will/might get flamed but Year one sells seat extensions, see added pics for detail, worked great.. I learned though from now on I will build bracing for seat I buy..
      Hey. Got any good pics of different angles of the seats installed in your finished interior? Ive got a 67' GTO with refinished Legendary bolstered stock style seats that just sit way too high. My head is in the cieling. This looks like a good option right now.
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Its a paint jail.. as soon as its back will get you some pics

Quote Originally Posted by Nicks67GTO View Post
      Hey. Got any good pics of different angles of the seats installed in your finished interior? Ive got a 67' GTO with refinished Legendary bolstered stock style seats that just sit way too high. My head is in the cieling. This looks like a good option right now.

I didnt have it Narrowed... I screwed up though, I had the BOP rebuilt.. should have bought a 12 bolt Oil pan is the GM Hot Rod pan.... Wont use them anymore..I will go with Holley oil pans
      As my drag race chevelle friend tells me, the 10 bolt BOP is just as strong as the 12 bolt chevy...... true? im not sure.
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

WILWOOD, FORGELINE, RIDETECH

Quote Originally Posted by 67goatman455 View Post
      As my drag race chevelle friend tells me, the 10 bolt BOP is just as strong as the 12 bolt chevy...... true? im not sure.
      I think your Chevelle friend is mistaken. The 8.2 BOP isnt known for being very strong at all and the aftermarket support sucks compared to a 12 bolt or a 9". I decided, after looking at how much I would have in my 8.2, to just bite the bullet and build a 9"
      -Nick
      -Build threads:

Its a paint jail.. as soon as its back will get you some pics
      Awesome. Thanks!
      -Nick
      -Build threads:

Bringing any cars to Goodguy's next month?

For sure bringing the Trans Am.. Its done.. the GTO if I get it back in time to finish Stereo and kick panels.. Yep that one 2... I have 5 weeks.. (weekends)

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ith-wife/page9

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLSX View Post
      Bringing any cars to Goodguy's next month?

finally finshed truck and stereo...car is being wet sanded and paint F ups fixed..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com