Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
      I got all 6 rear bumper brackets welded to the bumpers and bolted to the car. Took some work buy it turned out perfect!!!! They are the same lenght, symetrical, and line up with all the rear body lines of the car. I am extremely happy with the results.
      Next I will add some fiberglass and filler to smooth out the bumpers and the rear of the car. After that it will be ready for a coat of epoxy primer. Then of course pics and videos with a walk around.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Started smoothing out the rear bumpers last night with fiberglass and filler. That is going real well. Already looks like they are solid pieces.
      I also spent about an hour painting my ugly engine. For those that didnt know, it used to be yellow. Dont ask. What a HUGE difference!!!!! I painted it the same silver engine paint as the tail pipes and muffler. I wont be as embarrased to show everyone the engine now. I will probably post the engine pics in the engine forum but I was excited and wanted to mention it. Its still not that beautiful but its way better than yellow.
      EDIT: I also added the most recent pics and the video to the very first post so no one has to search thru all these posts anymore.
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Country Flag: United States
      This has got to be the Mother of All Threads, 10 pages!

Quote Originally Posted by Norwoodx55
      This has got to be the Mother of All Threads, 10 pages!
      You haven't read the Cuda thread, have you?
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Adam, The new exhaust sounds GREAT! I like the unique look as well. Nice job !

You did a great job Adam.
      Mike

t/y I was very happy with the sound too. I wanted it to stay as loud as it was before, and it did. Usually full exhaust quites a car down a lot. I am hoping to finish up all the sanding on the rear panel and possibly epoxy primer it late thursday night. My sander broke on tuesday so that slowed me down instantly. Im going to get another one tonight. I really really want to get the rear done tomorrow night.
      Once its epoxy primered I will get some better pics of everything outside of the garage.

UPDATE:
      I actually met my deadline last night and got the entire rear all smoothed out and epoxy primered by 10:30. It turned out great!!! Way better than I expected considering I had to have it primered thursday night. The rear is now about 90% complete. I still have a few things to smooth out but now if I pull it out in the rain today and tomorrow, nothing will get damaged from rain since it is epoxy primered. I even primered the split bumpers and those turned out real nice! :D

Quote Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY69
      UPDATE:
      I actually met my deadline last night and got the entire rear all smoothed out and epoxy primered by 10:30. It turned out great!!! Way better than I expected considering I had to have it primered thursday night. The rear is now about 90% complete. I still have a few things to smooth out but now if I pull it out in the rain today and tomorrow, nothing will get damaged from rain since it is epoxy primered. I even primered the split bumpers and those turned out real nice! :D

Do you have any shots of how you ran the pipes?

Now that everything is under 3 coats of good epoxy primer, I will bolt up the rear bumpers and try to get some pics this weekend. Mabey even a walk around video if the weather clears up at all.

Do you have any pics of how you ran the pipes?

No not yet. I will try to get those this weekend if the weather clears up.

Oh for those that didnt know, my car was in a rear end collision before I even bought it. It has been hell trying to do the bodywork on the rear of that car. The passenger rear quarter was all damaged and the entire rear tail pan was warped. I should have replaced the tail pain but I guess I like to do everythign the hard way.
      At least the rear is 90% complete now. This entire exhaust, license plate, split bumper set up has been a lot of work. All the hard work finally paid off last night. You cant even imagine how happy I am right now.

It was a perfect weekend. Sun out and 55degrees!! Had to take some more pics for everyone. I finally got to drive the Camaro for the first time with the new exhaust set up. Sounds perfect and actually has a very unique tone since the tail pipes are soooo close together out the center!!! Drove around the beach with Heather for about an hour and a half just cruising. Had to fry the tires a few times of course. :D
      I still have to bolt up my aluminum QA1 shocks. Also added these to first post.

Looks great!!! Very clean
      Brad
      68 Camaro - Procharged LQ4 coming - Currie 9" narrowed, bagged, lays frame, BMW projector HID's LED tails, 18"s, lexus center console, seat warmers, A/C... Mini-tubbing in progress!!

07 BMW 750li -loaded

Wow...Totally infrigginsane! Awesome! Sound? Video! You PROMISED!!!
      Kevin.
      69 Firebird "Eternity"

Thanks guys. Dont worry Kevin I will keep my promise and get some videos.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com