Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

My 2 cents

The 69 firebird rear bumper center is raised you could graft that section in or try to recreat it. here is a pic.

Might be something to look.

Sean
      Sean James

69 Firebird - Build Thread
      72 Firebird

Here is the pic he was talking about. Rear center raised
      Not a bad idea actually and it doesn't look too bad. I will let it brew in the ideas in my head. I never noticed the Trans Am and Firebird rear bumpers were like that.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Wow that was quick I was messing with it to get the pic to show up.

Later.
      Sean James

72 Firebird

Check Don Bigbie's 69 in the cars section for a painted bumper.
      69 Camaro convertible, 410, M22, 8-pt cage therapy program. SOLD.
      68 camaro - SOLD
      67 Bel Air - New street project with perfect floors, frame and trunk!

Chris Kerr's is also though it is a 68.

Sean James

72 Firebird

Any rear colored bumper pics available yet Rick? The 68 above doesn't look bad at all.

So far I came across Bigbie's in a Camaro Performer issue. I'm still looking!
      68 camaro - SOLD

what if you plate was a magnet or something that you could remove at shows? I am just trying to throw some ideas out there as the center of the camaro is pretty full as it is and with 3" exhaust its only going to get worse. You could do the offset one while driving it but pull it off at shows (someone else might help themselves to it also though)

or what about the drop down ones the street rods use, it pivots down when the car is started otherwise it folds up under the car.

Street Rods

Check out some street rod sites or publications. They come up with some nifty ways to mount/hide their plates. The YR1 Cup Camaro has a painted rear bumper. You can check the pics on that thread.

What about oval pipe, it also saves on ground clearance. go to 2x4 instead of 3" round.

I have also used a power ant. to drive moveable things years ago when I built custom vans. You could build a track in the bumper and have the plate go to one side when the ign. is on. TIM

Im not sure why I am so stubborn and want round pipes. Mabey I will consider the oval pipe option again. Damn decisions!!!!
      I have been thinking of that too. I even had an entire folder filled with different exhaust tips. Here is one idea I was thinking about. 2002 Camaro SS tips.
      Im going to have to spend some time in Photoshop to help make my decision. I just love the render that Kris did on Rick's car.
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

I did a street rod a couple years ago and built 1 large oval with 2 3" pipes running to it. It looked prety wicked.

Either Stillen or Stylin Concepts sells an electric license plate bracket that lowers the plate when the key is on and raises it when off. Dan Fink Metal Works also sells one. I thought about buying one of these but they are kinda pricey,around $200.

not a camaro but a cool pic

I dont like the look of those exhaust pipes hanging down at all. I saw something similar to that on a 67 Mustang in Hot rod magazine and the exhaust pipes are the last thing I want to see. Thanks for posting the pic though. I like the exhaust tips just not the pipes hanging down like that.
      Sorry if that is a members ride. I didnt mean to sound offensive at all. That is a very trick rear end!!! IRS damn on a 55 I think is the year!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY69
      Mabey I will consider the oval pipe option again. Here is one idea I was thinking about. 2002 Camaro SS tips.
      I also looked into using those SLP dual oval tips (they're actually connected in the back by a bar) for the side exhausts I want to do. Just the tips are $240 from SLPonline.com though. Is it just me or is that a little pricey?

By the way, does anyone know what size tubing that is on the inlets for those tips?
      Ryan
      '68 Camaro (slowly coming back together...very slowly)

Yes that seems pricey to me too. I will look on E-bay if I go the oval route.

Rick Dorin what do you think of these tips? https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/at...achmentid=4230

My first preference is like the rendering I had done. Otherwise I would space those tips out a bit, myself, maybe a touch larger too.
      68 camaro - SOLD

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com