Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      we'll have a sign up at registration. They won't be able to accommodate every person during every session, but you should be able to get at least one session in during the day, maybe more.

Like YOU need help! hehe...we have a special instructor for you.

Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

Country Flag: United States
      Ditto. Where do I sign up for that?!?

Edit, didn't see your post Brett
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

@#$%%^$^ I wish I was retired.
      Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

Quote Originally Posted by shmoov69 View Post
      Or better yet, tell them you got a bad case of anal glacouma.

That you just don't see your ass going to work that day!

Stinkin car! It KNOWS I am going on a trip with it at the end of the week, so what's it do?!?! Starts screwing with me!! I tell ya, it is ALWAYS like this before a big trip! Has happened I think EVERY Power Tour (like 6 of em!), just to Jack with me and make me thrash at the last minute! Anyway, the oil feed line started leaking pretty bad and I had to make new hard lines. I hope that fixes it! And now I look under it and there is a big puddle of power steering fluid under it. I just rebuilt the freaking pump a couple weeks ago! I have it off and it appears that the leak is from the return fitting brazing. Which sucks because when we did the turbos, a buddy had to extend the tube and tweak the angle to clear the headers. And he has moved and I can't braze!
      So off tomorrow to try to find someone that can do that!

Hey brother..I'm right there with ya. Got on this thing early on with plenty of time to get the car ready. Took it for a much needed dyno tune and blew the driveshaft on he first dyno pull due to "critical speed" failure. Tore the floor out, exhaust...etc. learned a lot about shafts, got a nice 3.5" from PST and installed. Found out the trans was whacked. Took the trans to the shop to get it rebuilt and shipped the tc to TCI to be checked. Got it all back last week and had it running on Saturday. Had a big fat happy smile on my face for about five miles...then I lost all but 1st and reverse. Yanked it out. Clock ticking. Just got a call this morning from the trans shop. Got the unit re-worked again and will be doing an all nighter tonight - then if it runs well I'll be headed over Friday night.

Ugh.....

We did come up with plan B thanks to the admission of newer cars. My wife has a bone stock 86 Vette with C6 wheels. We have it serviced and ready to go if the Camaro is still out of the game.

So...here is to all night thrashers. See you guys at the challenge one way or the other.
      Chris McDonald

This is all starting to sound like the old Car Craft Street Machine Nationals. Anyone remember that event? I quit 2 jobs to thrash on my Mustang go to that event every year.
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

I've got an 18 month plan to pay off my house.
      After that , I'm rebuilding my car , finishing my garage , and going to EVERY event..!!

I'll have such positive cashflow !!
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Tick.....tick......tick........tick..........

The pump is fixed now and all I got to do is load it up and go and buy a camera tomorrow!

I'm anxious as all get out now!!! Nervous as to how the weekend will go, from the car, to the racing, to being "hooked", to the kids, to breakage and to the possible theft of things around Indy in a motel parking lot!

Still can't wait tho!
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

Hey Scmooooooov you are doing better than me. Got the trans back in last night and it is still acting stupid. Worked okay until it all warmed up. Now it won't upshift to 4th and stays stuck in 3rd unless you baby it and slow it way down, then it will shift up. I'm driving it (if it will go) to the trans shop so he can see what it is doing in the car. There is the small chance it is something in the valvebody electrically...or possibly the ECM, but the ECM doesn't make any sense. Either way I don't see how we'll fix it today. So I'll have plan B ready to get the wife's car topped off and ready in its place. Then when we come back next week I'll slide a stick of dynamite under this puppy and it won't be a problem any more.
      Chris McDonald

Well, I just explained to the kids how I'm not really nervous, but just anxious about our first "track" event. Not really sure of the difference, but for their benefit I acted like I knew... This will be the first event for our semi-completed 66 that we have been working on for 8 years this weekend. Seems like everything we do on our punch list adds more things. I just hope we can successfully thrash the car this weekend and still drive it home. (if not, my brother-in-law is coming along with my truck and trailer)

OK, I'm nervous! Hope everyone is happy, I admitted it!

Hey Tommy - did you see the up front piece in the current issue of PHR mag? J. Hunkins did a cool spot talking about doing these kind of events and the "fear" factor involved with doing it. I couldn't believe how good the timing was. Then, they have a road race tech piece in the body of the mag. Good stuff
      Chris McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by 69Myway View Post
      Hey Tommy - did you see the up front piece in the current issue of PHR mag? J. Hunkins did a cool spot talking about doing these kind of events and the "fear" factor involved with doing it. I couldn't believe how good the timing was. Then, they have a road race tech piece in the body of the mag. Good stuff
      I'll pick up a copy this morning!

Anybody going out tonight for the early registration at the hotel?

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal - the problem was the Autometer Speedometer. The first rebuild was defective as it didn't have anything but manual low 1 and reverse after about 5 miles of running. However, once I put it in, it failed the same way it was BEFORE I pulled it in the first place.

The speedo was reading fine, but was sucking up the signal over about 40 mph and not giving a clean signal to the PCM. This caused it to show like 37 mph at 70 mph which is why the trans kept trying to downshift and wouldn't go into lock up. Autometer confirmed for me.

So, speedo unplugged - new transmission (that I didn't need anyway) and GPS to keep track of the MPH - car loaded and will roll over LATE tonight. Won't make early check in, but will be at the track bright and early.
      Chris McDonald

Awesome. Glad you got a new traney. LOL. Just went thru St. Louis. See you all in a bit.
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

WOW...just WOW. This event was the best thing I have ever done on four wheels! The cars...the people, the location(s), the food...the organization was unreal.

Met and made so many new friends, learned more about my car...and enjoyed seeing people put the pedal to the metal.

I was telling my wife on the way home that one of the things that made this so cool was the lack of old 50/60s music playing...and instead the full on loud and in your face constant sound of rubber and mufflers screaming. It was the best "MUSIC" I have ever heard. Not like a drag race where there are open headers and just noise, but pure beautiful tunes from the flowmasters and fully tuned street systems.

We didn't use up the car as hard as we could because we drove the whole way. Didn't want to break it, but we did get to abuse it plenty.

Track time was off the chart. Guys running until they just couldn't run anymore...and there was STILL track time left!

We ended up having a fuel pump fail on the way home and were very lucky to have it happen in an area where we could get to a parts store and get it fixed in the parking lot.

All in all - it was worth the price of admission...and then some.

Can't wait till next year!

I'll post some pics later...
      Chris McDonald

Best time on 4 wheels....quite possibly
      best time IN 4 wheels..........well, running a strong top 5!!!! Lol

Good to meet you and your wife Chris. Awesome that you guys watched our ankle biters for us while my chic got to ride with me around the tracks, that was too cool of you!! My chic was scared to death around the road course for sure! Sorry you had trouble on the way home.......sorry I asked about your tank before you left!! Lol.

About the weekend.......well I have never been on anything other than a dragstrip before.......and well, it was AWESOME!!!!!! I'm hooked!!!! It was soooo cool!!! Great people, great food from Brett, very well orginized, great "door prizes", not too many cars that you had to wait forever, not too many cars that you were bored, fairly loose on tech and requirements, and probably one of the best things for me was the ride along instructors. They helped me learn very quickly as to what should have taken me many trips to the track to learn!! Awesome idea!!.....the whole thing was just AWESOME!!!
      the only complaints from me were not enough shade for the kids and such, maybe a couple more big eze ups or something? And not knowing beforehand that the gas was $9 bucks a gallon! I wouldve done something different for sure on that, I ended up spending $160 satUrday alone. But that's just the way it is, so it's all good!
      Last edited by shmoov69; 05-30-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: AWESOMENESS!!
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

Did I mention it was AWESOME?!???? Lol
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

Wow! pretty much sums it up for me too! This was my 1st racing event, and don't see how it can ever be topped. I met a lot of nice people, and made some friends. The people, that were running the show were very helpful and positive, even when I cleaned out a section of cones. It made a beginner feel very normal. It was a blast watching the fast guys battleing it out for top honors. They also had instructors to bring you up to speed. Thanks Jim! And A BIG THANKS to Ride Tech, Bowler, FM3, Baer, Forgeline, and the rest of the sponsers, for putting on such a professional and unbelievable fun event. I'm definitely hooked! Jimmy, how did the car cam video turn out?

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post

OK, I'm nervous! Hope everyone is happy, I admitted it!

You could have fooled me, I would not have ever guessed. The car looked great and performed great this weekend. Congrats on the performance.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Putting together some pics on my webpage.

Here is shmoov69

Chris McDonald

Cool pics Chris, looks like I need a sway bar in the back too....looks like it has some roll!

I got home at 4:00 today and just got The yard mowed. Chic has been downloading the pics and video. The card got full and stopped recording during my speed stops, meaning than I did not get ANY auto X video!! Sucks!

Event was awesome!! I can't get the smile off my face! Lol
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com