Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Data Logging for Engine Vacuum?

I'm using a LM-2 to measure wideband O2 levels and would like to log engine vacuum along with the O2 and RPM to aide in tuning the Holley 750. Is there a sensor available for this or can a MAP sensor from some other car to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_B_10 View Post
      I'm using a LM-2 to measure wideband O2 levels and would like to log engine vacuum along with the O2 and RPM to aide in tuning the Holley 750. Is there a sensor available for this or can a MAP sensor from some other car to work?
      The only one that I know of is made by Racepak but it is high dollar stuff, I'm sure there are others out there.

Dale
      IF COMMON SENSE WAS COMMON EVERYBODY WOULD HAVE IT

Data Logger

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_B_10 View Post
      here is another product that has what you might be looking for that is reasonably priced, it does a lot of other things that might help you out. Look for DataQuest on thier site.

altronicsinc.com
      IF COMMON SENSE WAS COMMON EVERYBODY WOULD HAVE IT

this is the datalogger im going to run

http://zeitronix.com/

There is one built into Innovate's add on 5 sensor/channel module LC -32(?) Not real expensive.

They also make an add on TPS for a Holley, but I read Holley is coing out with their own for their carbs.

I guess this really depends on what you are trying to get out of your data. Do you need to have a strong correlation between vacuum and some other parameter (eg rpm, O2 sensor reading, etc), or are you just wanting to log the data?

If you are just wanting to log the data you can get a decent multimeter with data logging capabilities and then look at the voltage levels coming from the sensor. You can calibrate this data by comparing the voltage level at a certain known vacuum setting. I am not certain of this but a typical map sensor is probably somewhat linear with respect to intake pressure.

Anyway, that's the cheap way to datalog.
      Sean

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com