Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Not really Pro Touring but what the heck MB E55

I was riding by the local drag strip today and decided to stop in. I pulled in and some guys talked me into running my car so I checked in and hit the staging lanes. I was fairly pleased with the results. The car was warn (no cool down at all) and it was the first time down the track in this car. I ran a 12.24 at 113 bone stock. Not bad for a 4 door, 4100lbs bone stock family hauler. Now if I can only get the Mustang done so I can beat on it!

Derrick

What were you driving!! Dang that stock "family" car is faster than my Camaro in the quarter.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Sorry, I posted this on another forum and thought I put that in the header. It's a MB E55. The car is truly amazing. I think with time to cool it down and better conditions the car will run 12.0's stock.

Derrick

Congratulations! If I was to ever get a family car it would a Mercedes like that. I knew they were fast but I didnt realize THAT fast. Doesnt your car have over 460hp or something close to that? I play with those cars all the time in Gran turismo 3 and Gran turismo 4 they are just amazing machines and they corner well.
      You should post some pics.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Thanks a lot. I do love the car. It's a blast to drive. I've raced and beat a new twin turbo Cab and new C6 Vette (not Z06) and a couple of Cobra Mustangs. The car surprises everyone with it's speed. You just don't expect a Mercedes to be that quick. I will post some pics of the Mustang and E55 together as soon as I get the trim on the Mustang. BTW You are right on the money with the HP, it's 469 and torque is 516.

Pretty cool, MB is at the top of their game right now. One of my favorite new cars to lust after!
      Brian D
      Snotty Bimmer driver.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com