Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Speed Ventures @ Buttonwillow - March 11th & April 15th

Anybody up for a Buttonwillow event? Carl? JonB? Spanky?

http://www.speedventures.net/2005_Schedule.asp

Both Mean69 and I are plannning to do one of these two events. Don't know which one yet. We'll let you guys know as soon as we decide.

I got the official blessing to run in white group from John Wurth, so I'll be in either white or yellow. I'd like to be in different group than Mark's so I can ride shotgun with him and help sort out his car.

My Riv will have extra 30~40 hp, stickier tires, and less severe understeer.

If anyone new wants to try, don't be shy! All you really need is a basically safe, street-legal car with 3pt. or more seat belts (unless you have a convertible) and a helmet. You don't need 500hp motor or trick suspension, though I do recommend having decent brake system. Here's the link to tech form http://www.speedventures.net/tech.htm

Registration is open for March event.

The first step of becoming a better driver is to attend a track event, time yourself, and realize the fact you really suck.

Signed,
      A driver who laps Big Willow at 1:42.6 in a 134hp BMW - and I am still considered mediocre.

I'm up for either of the dates. The last time (and the first time) I went to a speed ventures was the Dec 17, 2004 and I was the only old school car there. Still had fun, but I felt a little out of place around the new corvettes and G35 infinities. Would definitely like to go if I knew there would be some people from here going.

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      Hey Katz, what type of and how many groups, do they class but mods or experience? Dennis, Allen, this would be a great bachelor party for me!?!? I just may dust off the 3rd gen and do some concrete body work... Katz is that 30hp or 150lbs???? jk
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Country Flag: United States
      heh... Which one? Let me know. I think I may be able to pull one of them off. If I can afford it.
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

alcino,
      Excellent! I'll see you at the track.

Vince,
      You're getting married, huh? Congrats!
      Usually there are four groups - red, blue, white and yellow (school). It's more of an experience thing, but people with faster cars are sometimes asked to move up the group (like JonB w/ his 600+hp Firebird). First timers have to run in yellow. If you've done OT a couple of times before, they'll probably let you run in white group.

I just got a custom ground Comp cam, fresh set of heads, and a pair of shorty headers (this is more of weight saving than hp increse). I hope I can button everything up in time.
      The first step of becoming a better driver is to attend a track event, time yourself, and realize the fact you really suck.

Signed,
      A driver who laps Big Willow at 1:42.6 in a 134hp BMW - and I am still considered mediocre.

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      Damn, I can only go on weekend events. Yep getting the big "W". She deserves it, she put up with all my crape (and its been alot) and she still loves me. I hear it all changes after but I've been through worst...plus she loves cars and hasn't complaint about me working on them.
      Anyways have fun guys. Does speed ventures allow non registered cars? Insured but not up to date due to smog.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Common interest is a good thing, especially on hobbies that are expensive and involved. Congrats to you two!

SV will let you run non-registered cars, as long as you tow it to the track. There were several not-so-street-legal cars running at SOWS.

Signed,

Quote Originally Posted by Salt Racer
      Anybody up for a Buttonwillow event? Carl? JonB? Spanky?

http://www.speedventures.net/2005_Schedule.asp

Both Mean69 and I are plannning to do one of these two events. Don't know which one yet. We'll let you guys know as soon as we decide.

I got the official blessing to run in white group from John Wurth, so I'll be in either white or yellow. I'd like to be in different group than Mark's so I can ride shotgun with him and help sort out his car.

My Riv will have extra 30~40 hp, sticker tires, and less severe understeer.

If anyone new wants to try, don't be shy! All you really need is a basically safe, street-legal car with 3pt. or more seat belts (unless you have a convertible) and a helmet. You don't need 500hp motor or trick suspension, though I do recommend having decent brake system. Here's the link to tech form http://www.speedventures.net/tech.htm

Registration is open for March event.
      I wonder if my car will be done by then?? So its basicly an open track event, right?
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

I wonder if my car will be done by then too!!!!! Yikes, tons of stupid little demons.

The Speedventures guys seem to be really happy with the way their events run. I went to the Decmber event at Cal Speedway, which was coincident with the Japan GT cars. The open track event was pretty messed up as a result of the JGT guys, etc, most of the guys were not happy at all. In general, they run really well I guess. I met some nice guys, seemed like a good bunch, and they put on a LOT of events.

To give you an idea of what you might expect to need to run in the red (advanced) group, well, there were a bunch or Radical's out there which have a unreal power to weight ratio, two Porsche GT3 Cup cars, in fact one of them ran at Daytona 24 Hour last weekend, and some other very, very fast cars. You can learn a whole bunch from these guys. Alot of them are cc.com'ers.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1969LS1
      ...So its basicly an open track event, right?
      Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by 3-link meister
      ...I wonder if my car will be done by then too!!!!!
      Me three!! Should we shoot for April 15th event? It's up to you guys.

SV event at Streets of Willow ran really well. LOTS of track time for guys in upper three groups (Five 25-min sessions!! for each group). That was the first time SV tried school thing so I only got two 15-min solo sessions but it still was fun. Now school group (aka, yellow) has three or four 15-min sessions.

A bunch of good guys, too.

Signed,

April 15th sounds doable..

I used to run my 2000 SS at buttonwillow whenever I could and I did pretty good.. the 69 will be a whole new deal..

I like Buttonwillow because there is really nothing to hit.. mostly.. ;)
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

I'll go as Mean69s Crew. I am hoping to have my hot-rod sold by then so I can buy a GT1 car.

GT1 car!? Wow, you're getting serious!

April 15th started to look better for me. Aluminum rod ends I ordered for rear stabar got delayed, and the starter just died (another reason to hate automatic tranny). I might as well spend a little more and get a mini starter to save few pounds from driver side.

See you guys at the track!

Signed,

Katz, if you spank my car with yours, my ego will take a huge blow to say the least! Not a knock whatsoever on your car, but the new motor has at least an extra 100 HP, the car weighs less, and I have far bigger tires (and brakes too, if I can ever get the darned things to work!!!). The results could be just devastating!

All in good humor, but truthfully I'll just be happy to make it there and not have anything go terribly wrong.

If Sean scores the car he wants, well, all bets are off. Forever. Words cannot describe how vicious it is.

Hey! This is getting motivating! I might try to make both events if things turn for the better this weekend with the silly brakes. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah baby!
      Mark

Well my car will NOT be ready, but I wanna get over there anyways, just to socialize with you guys. I'll be at whatever date y'all decide on!
      Brian D
      Snotty Bimmer driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean 69
      Katz, if you spank my car with yours....
      If I did, you owe me a frosty beer.

Nah, that ain't gonna happen once you get the hang of your car so don't worry about it. Either way, I vote for the idea of after-event beer & pizza get together.

My prediction (or actually my optimistic personal goal)...
      My best lap time will be within four seconds of Mark's.

I wish I can make it to the March event. I still want to go to that tire seminar too. I should be able to get my car ready in time IF all parts arrive in timely manner. We'll see...

Signed,

I'll pencil in April 15.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

dennis68 Guest
      I think I can be ready for the April event (I hope, I hope, I hope). I'll reserve a spot anyway.

Well damn, then I too will shoot for April 15th.

I guess I'll miss the tire seminar, but I can work on my car at more leisurely pace.

This is really exciting!! It'll be a big turn out from PT.com!!

Signed,

Mark (mean69), have you ever posted pics and specs of your car? If so, I missed it. I'd like to see, :icon996: .

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com