Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking great, and good luck with the Dyno!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Country Flag: Sweden
      It went down a couple of weeks ago, just haven't had time to post much on the net.

Still in one piece! Never mind the smoke - it was a too small crank case catch can. Just didn't have the presence to pull the hose there and then.
      Dyno belonged to a friend of mine. New installation, not very calibrated so there are no numbers to talk about. But what a difference! It runs smooth and has great response now. Still haven't driven it much more than up and down the street a couple of times.

Will do a revisit there during spring for fine tuning and some dyno papers.

Very cool and i can't wait to be where your at on the Dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
      It went down a couple of weeks ago, just haven't had time to post much on the net.

Still in one piece! Never mind the smoke - it was a too small crank case catch can. Just didn't have the presence to pull the hose there and then.
      Dyno belonged to a friend of mine. New installation, not very calibrated so there are no numbers to talk about. But what a difference! It runs smooth and has great response now. Still haven't driven it much more than up and down the street a couple of times.

Will do a revisit there during spring for fine tuning and some dyno papers.

marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Very cool man! Did you friend have any estimates based on the data from the dyno?

Nice!! Really like how this one is turning out!

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Very cool man! Did you friend have any estimates based on the data from the dyno?
      That dyno installation was so new that it wasn't even calibrated. I received a paper saying 330hp (which happens to be exactly what I am allowed to have, during first registration ;) ).
      It's just a 232/222 cam in it, so it's not a wild engine. In a calibrated dyno I'm guessing precisely over 400 on the wheels but not more. But the car weights apps 2600lbs, so to be honest I will probably keep it this way until chassis has seen some track time, is sorted out and I have that well balanced feeling driving it. You know, when you don't have to battle the steering wheel in every corner, but could just aim and turn.

I do have a small plan for a future (pontiac)engine with some custom internals, paired with a DCT-trans, but we'll go through that when it's time. Suspension, brakes and some modest aero first. Well... driving first, to be clear. ;-)

So, the car is back home again after the dyno session. A quick inspection didn't reveal much - nothing broken, all bolts still tight etc.
      It usually takes me 2hrs to get it on jackstands. 10-15 minutes to get it there, then 1:45 crawling under and just admiring my work. lol

Car came home in the morning, so I took the day off and enjoyed some quality time home here, alone. :D
      Later that night, it looked like this:

My aluminum drive shaft was still straight, but one of my shortened half shaft has deformed. Not surprised, they were only intended for being mockups for the real deal later, but I was at least hoping to get some miles on them to evaluate the rear suspension a little more. Now it looks like I have to buy the expensive stuff this winter already.

Found a local guy doing rally half shafts, that can custom make two new ones for 800 USD including taxes, but then I saw that G-force makes versions with a separate CV-joint in the outer end. Which seems nice, not because of the CV-joint but that outer stub probably uses better steel quality than stock, and since that's the only piece holding my rear wheels to the rear axle, it would probably be a good update. G-force never replied to my mail, Inland Empire did but conversation died after a few e-mails.
      Anyway, it will be so crazy expensive to import those shafts (in custom length too) and I'm doing a budget project, remember? ;)
      I'm gonna think of it now during christmas, and might fire up the lathe next year if I can find some suiting material.

That's all for now!

More info

How's the project going Anders? Please fill us in!

In my quest for lowering my camaro I seen your post. If I may ask. on the solid bushings you made there is a machined area to center the bushing in the frame hole and then its bolted in without a bushing on the topside (between the frame and body) is that correct? Thanks

I got excited when I saw this build pop up again. Hopefully he can fill us in what he's been doing on the car this year.

Planit Oahu, Hawaii if you don't belive me check shipping prices
      right there with you! I got exited! I always fear that cool builds like this just disappear and never get finished.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyDoc View Post
      right there with you! I got exited! I always fear that cool builds like this just disappear and never get finished.
      It will be finished! I rather quit my job, than not finish this build! ;)

But pace is rather slow right now. I try to prioritze garage time, rather than screen time (but it's all documented, so updates will come!).

Anyway, it's rolling since a couple of weeks ago. Some minor issues to sort out before I can do the second inspection (of three for these types of builds).
      A little too much brake in the rear and I ran out of adjustment on the balance bar (a new master cylinder is on it's way) a TPS-sensor or something else suddenly stopping the engine and a parking brake that didn't work as plannned. I might also have some possible overheating issues after high speed driving, but I think that's easy addressed since there is not much air intake for the radiator raight now. Other than that, the turn signal stalker is too far from the steering wheel ;)
      Second inspection will hopefully be done before snow arrives, and goal is to do the third inspection early spring.
      Paint and interior is low priority for the moment :D

So far impressions are "wow, just wow!". Chassis hasn't been adjusted yet and wheels aren't even aligned but the body is so much stiffer than in precious incarnation. If winter goes as planned, and the kids could try not to catch a cold every second week this winter, I'm really looking forward to start tuning the suspension and get this build to perform next year!
      I have corner weight scales since before, and I ordered material a couple of weeks ago for making a set of hubstands next year too so that I can experiment with settings at home next season.

I'll be back in december or so

iName:  IMG_1355.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  662.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AMPZ28 View Post
      In my quest for lowering my camaro I seen your post. If I may ask. on the solid bushings you made there is a machined area to center the bushing in the frame hole and then its bolted in without a bushing on the topside (between the frame and body) is that correct? Thanks

Yes, correct!
      Name:  A_DSC4078.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  146.7 KB

You'll gonna have to cut the top of the frame too if you want it to sit close to the body. No clue how it works in the front though, since I don't have the stock radiator support
      Name:  A_DSC2977.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  258.2 KB

More pics here: http://www.propontiac.com/subframe-igen/

BTW my website is indexed in the left column, ie if you wanna se all posts about the sub frame, or the roll cage etc just click on it to the left.
      http://www.propontiac.com/blog/

Glad to see you're still making steady progress!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Planit Oahu, Hawaii if you don't belive me check shipping prices
      thanks for the fix!!
      just hope the next is before I start having withdrawal shakes!

Thanks guys

@FlyDoc; Haha! I'll do my best!

what size wheels and what is the offset? did you mini tub it? looks great

Quote Originally Posted by firebirdfever View Post
      what size wheels and what is the offset? did you mini tub it? looks great

Size are 18x10 front and 18x10.5 rear. Not mini tubbed, but suspension is all custom so you won't be able to copy my offset and put in on a stock f-body.

Yes! I've been out driving!

Two weeks ago, I was able of taking it for a longer drive, sorting out some stuff and updating the to-do list for the winter. Snow arrived the day after my test drive, so it was literally the last chance before winter.
      It's definitely not dialed in yet. No sway bars, and springs coefficients are just what I had laying around when i built it. But handling is already great! (Or to be honest, as great as you can explore on a public road with a fresh build…) 
Steering is direct (2.1 turns, lock to lock) and the adjustable electric assist is already over expectation. A small play somewhere in the linkage which prevents it from being perfect, but that must be addressed this winter.
      And it brakes! It brakes d*mn well, even though pads and rotors aren’t even bedded yet. I measured 1.05G with cold tires from 70-0mph which is way over expectation. One part of that is probably the 295 front tires. But still - cold tires, new brakes, cold asphalt. It can only get better from here!

Entire engine compartment is covered with brake dust after the balance bar has been dialed in, so inner fenders are high up on the priority list too.
      There’s a ton of minor things to solve this winter and except for that, I’ll be focusing at building a temporary interior (because it’s like sitting inside a drum right now) and fix as many small issues as possible. Other than that, I’m looking forward to start the final steps of making it road legal during summer -23.
      A huge huge huge milestone, considering this project started in may 2009.

Please keep us updated. I absolutely love the build. The De-Dion rear suspension is a great choice for vehicle dynamics. I would suggest the lowest spring rates possible and bigger bars with your car. Amazing work and congratulations on a great build!

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com