Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: Sweden
      Won't canvas flutter too much in higher speeds? The Loove models are made out of thin aluminum sheets and doesn't weight much at all. You can reinforce it the same way as they have done (with X in the panels).

Not very much progress since last time. I'm a house owner since two weeks back so most of my spare time has been spent renovating an remodeling that. Will hopefully start working on the car within 4-5 weeks again.

Since the engine is set back appr 8", the reinforcement in the body lined up nicely with the transmission member. I decided to make a smaller member and mount it to the body instead of the large version that attaches to the sub frame. Main argument was weight (of course), but I will also gain some space for the exhaust.

As you can see on the picture, the car has it's own gravity field ;)

Some inspiration..

battery box has also been mocked up. Had to do some reinforcements on the other side of the floor to spread the forces in case of an accident (don't want to mount the box in the passengers back...)

And I have bought a Vintage Air system which turned out to be a great surprise - better quality than I expected!

Some welding left, and then paint it inside and the under carriage. Gaaah, I can't hardly wait!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com