Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: Sweden
      Rustomatic; lol! Thanks!
      I guess I must be a little crazy, trying to manage a project like this in my spare time. But right now it feels quite good and fully possible to finish (eventhough it'll take another couple of years before it's finished) since most of the boring work is done.

Country Flag: Canada
      Amazing work, looks fantastic!!
      Gordon in Calgary

Country Flag: Norway
      Hei fra Norge!

What a super project. Looking forward to see where it ends up ;-)

Hei Norge!
      Tack så mycket!

Some progress since last update

Some more tubes were bent for the cage

And in the middle of everything, I changed my mind and decided to go for the 70-73 looks instead of the 77. The green one is from a Swedish designer, Bo Zolland, and I really like the looks of it. I'll Think it'll be possible to go for that look since my valances has been raised which will allow the car to be really, really low.

Then the cage was welded. Atleast the first part of it. I need to fit the seats to be able to mount the last tubes. Becuse I'm so vain, it had to be TIG-welded. 32 hours of welding (made in two days... I was pretty tired a couple of days afterwards...)

This is the tubes the cage will be completed with after seats has been installed (need to check clearance for belts etc)

I also made a new parcel shelf out of 1mm aluminium (appr. 18guage) since the trunk needed to be sealed from coupé because of the fuel tank installation. The aluminum was glued and riveted. It will be primed and painted so it looks as stock as possible.
      Cleckos by the way... I love them! Great invention!

My new Electric Power assisted steering column. Will help cleaning up the front of the Engine. Another great thing is that Power steering suddenly is adjustable.

And my new rack. Started from a Ford Sierra rack and shortened it to fit my geometri. It's not very big (compare to the phone)... Hope it will work! lol

Bells for the rear brakes has been finished too. The were hand made, so the took some time to make! They look good though. Will be anodized black... or maybe gold. We'll see...

That's all for now. I'm gonna have to take a break from the Pontiac Project during the summer since we bought a house which will need some attention. New kitchen, a couple of new walls and some other internal mods... During the house work, I'll start to plan the electric system for the Pontiac.
      Fall will be about finishing the Cage and welding up the last on the body. Then paint inside and the undercarriage. Then down from the rottisserie, assembly the rear suspension, build the front suspension...
      Start up this winter? No... don't think so.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
      Cleckos by the way... I love them! Great invention!
      Clecos are awesome. In addition to simply using them to hold aluminum & steel panels in before riveting or welding, I buy or make various tab shapes with 1/8" or 3/16" holes in them .. to use with Clecos ... to line up body panels together. The body panels end up perfectly flush & easy to move around & work with.

One of the tab versions at this link allows the panel to be spot welded through the tab. :-)
      http://www.rosevillerodandcustom.com/Products.html

First Off - I love this build and what your doing. Incredible cool car.

Please build it this way - if you don't I am going to add this to my bucket list of cars to build.

marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Can you tell me a little more about this trailer. Or show me a couple more pictures

marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Hi Anders, looking like a piece of art again! can you tell a bit more about which power steering you are using? I was also looking into that myself. but there are many to chose from.

Martin
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

Quote Originally Posted by Martin71RS View Post
      Hi Anders, looking like a piece of art again! can you tell a bit more about which power steering you are using? I was also looking into that myself. but there are many to chose from.

Martin
      I'll jump in and ask about it as well! I was planning on using a Remy 600 box, will one of those work with the electric steering system?

If you ever decide you want to take a 6 month vacation to the states to work on another 74 Firebird, I will make my upstairs bedroom available and you can just lock yourself in the garage for days with my 74 Firebird and I am sure I will be happy with what you come up with. In all seriousness, the car is looking great. Your car is one reason I sought out a 74 to build in the first place.
      Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      First Off - I love this build and what your doing. Incredible cool car.

Please build it this way - if you don't I am going to add this to my bucket list of cars to build.

Thanks!
      I will build it that way! However, the render probably has bigger wheels than my 18", but the style is about the same though. I'll go for 18" instead. Not sure about the intake either. It must be practical too, so I guess that's one place where I will change the design slightly..

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Can you tell me a little more about this trailer. Or show me a couple more pictures
      Unfortunately I cant since it's not mine. The trailer is made by Loove, but they closed their business in 2012 unfortunately.
      Some random pics from google;
      http://www.rejsa.com/im/user/7564/20...bilder_742.jpg
      http://cdn.blocket.com/static/0/imag...9576540497.jpg
      http://www.motorhuset.com/core/images/66/looveslap.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Martin71RS View Post

Martin
      It's a unit from a Opel Corsa C (called Vauxhall Corsa C in UK). Costs appr. 250£ on ebay.uk and is basically the same model that is possible to buy as "aftermarket" in UK for four or five times that price. Since it's Opel, it's developed by GM.
      It's CAN-controlled so you'll need a control unit for it (appr 30£ on ebay too) so you can control the signal

The Corsa is a light car though. Appr 800-1000kg, so I'm not sure how it will perform in a heavier car. I'm aiming for 1200 kg and more weight towards the rear end than the Corsa. So I guess front axle load will be about the same.

Russ: No idea if it will work or not, but I can't see why it wouldn't work though.

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      If you ever decide you want to take a 6 month vacation to the states to work on another 74 Firebird, I will make my upstairs bedroom available and you can just lock yourself in the garage for days with my 74 Firebird and I am sure I will be happy with what you come up with. In all seriousness, the car is looking great. Your car is one reason I sought out a 74 to build in the first place.
      Haha! Lol!
      If I ever loose my job here in Sweden, I'll consider it. ;) As long as it's no rust on it... I'm sick and tired of fixing rusty panels now.
      I'm honored if you're telling me my car inspired you to get a 74! Almost feeling a little bit bad for leaving the 74 in favour for the 70-73 looks now...

Haha! Lol!
      If I ever loose my job here in Sweden, I'll consider it. ;) As long as it's no rust on it... I'm sick and tired of fixing rusty panels now.
      I'm honored if you're telling me my car inspired you to get a 74! Almost feeling a little bit bad for leaving the 74 in favour for the 70-73 looks now...
      I can understand the change to the 70-73 nose, it is a great look. I like the one year only feel of a 74. Maybe get the 74 nose painted at the same time and you can swap back down the road.
      Stephen

Country Flag: Australia
      I have an electric rack out of a Suzuki that I'd like to one day repurpose for a protouring build.

Great engineering and workmanship.
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

Country Flag: Netherlands
      thanks for the info!
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

Country Flag: Australia
      After you mentioned what your rear axle was I did some research and I've noticed some DeDion axles have a slip joint, do you know why that is?
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

The ones with slip joints usually bolted or fixed trailing arms. The slip joint is there to enable roll.
      I don't recommend the slip joint version though, they are usually loosing up over time...

Thank you very much. Looks like I am going to try to make something like this maybe in Canvas

Unfortunately I cant since it's not mine. The trailer is made by Loove, but they closed their business in 2012 unfortunately.
      Some random pics from google;
      http://www.rejsa.com/im/user/7564/20...bilder_742.jpg
      http://cdn.blocket.com/static/0/imag...9576540497.jpg
      http://www.motorhuset.com/core/images/66/looveslap.jpg
      marty-mj

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com