Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: France
      Insane build...
      Bada$$ skills & awesome car
      Gil

This is my first time viewing this thread.

Holy Cow...

Is there anything you can't make yourself? It's not going to surprise me to read an update to see you creating your own tire molds.

Building a GN to carve corners and travel long distances. *inprogress* Ridetech Coil-Over Tru-Turn Suspension, custom paint by child's tricycle handle, Baer Brakes, 6152turbo, 2800stall, Lonnie Diers Transmission, factory installed T-Top water leak, Casper custom harness, hanging on for dear life vacuum line setup, homebrew ported heads, Translator2, AEM TruBoost control, Good looks by GM, oil and gas by fossils, slightly understanding wife mod, Praise Jesus it runs installation, and Baer Brakes for the 'whoa.' R.I.P. Powermaster 1987-2004.

Country Flag: Sweden
      Lol... Thanks!
      Tire molds are too much work though and too long learning curve. Maybe building a CNC-mill or so though...

Some of the latest progress:
      Drivers seat is in!

This that will be attached to the subframe:

Rocker arms for push rods:

Front Swaybar: (hollow, of course...)

Coil-over mount:

tack welded:

Country Flag: United States
      I just love this thread !!!
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Country Flag: Australia
      Every time you post i learn somnething new. Thanks for sharing
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

Awesome project!!!
      1971 Firebird
      2017 Slipstream SS

Anders,

Yours has always been one of my favorite Poncho's this is taking it to an entirely new level. Great job!

As to the color, perhaps take some time to troll through old BTCC photos. You may find a livery that strikes you and will use period correct colors.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

You Swedes are nuts. This is amazing work. Engine 8 inches back and lowered... just awsome. Hope to see this thing on 4 wheels soon.

Just read all 12 pages. When I see my car next, I am setting it on fire and throwing my hands up. I give up. Yours is bada$$ raises the bar out there.

This is my best inspiration source ever! I usually try to avoid build threads because there are always people picking on you and why you're doing things in a certain way. That's not the way things are done in this forum though :D
      Everytime I post here, I get a lot of positive feedback which is directly converted to inspiration and motivation to keep moving the project forward. (Constructive critisism is also highly appreciated, just so you know. Alot of you guys has way more experience than me).
      One of my biggest dream with this car is to bring it to SEMA. I don't think I'll have the finish of the build to fit there though, but it's still a dream. It's probably the most impossible goal I can imagine right now. Even two weeks at Nürburgring would be alot easier.

Anyway, thanks for all kind words. They're really appriceiated!
      Feel free to like my facebookpage too: https://www.facebook.com/pages/propo...06076929493396

Latest progress;

This place isn't about mocking people because they got rid of their drum brakes and 15" wheels... it's about going as fast as you can with the money and talents you got. I mean we got a guy here with a 65 mustang fastback (those cars are priceless btw) and it's a wide body with corvette suspension and an ls motor... and we LOVE it. So no worries, I personally love your skills.

I want i like button. LOL
      I stalk several builds on this site because the mad skilz and pure talent is awesome on this board, and that fact that there is not bashing is the best.

Some progress...

And my improved gas pedal!
      Feeling is important and the devil is in the details... This means that steering, pedals and gear lever must be free from play. There was some OEM play from the factory in the gas pedal, and since I did a new mount for my aluminum pedal I could just fix this at the same time...

One aluminum washer took the axial problems. To get rid of the radial play, the hole in the shaft was enlarged and a bushing was pressed into it. After that, the bushing was brotched to the right tolerance for the axle. The result was zero play.

A nut was welded to the shaft too to allow for fine tuning the angle of the pedal.

There was some radial play in the plastic mount too. To get rid of this, I used bronze shims until there was close to zero play. It's a great feeling in it now. Over engineered? Yes, probably...

Home made dust boots for my johnny joints

I have some things to fix on the dedion, that's why it's still in primer. This is the first real trial fit together with diff etc to check clearance.
      With links in shortest position, there's still appr. 1/4" clearance between diff and the dedion. I measured this like ten times before I welded in the diff to be sure. In normal position, there will be appr. 3/4"-1" clearance, but I wanted to make sure that that the system was fail safe. Otherwise, you tend to forget to check clearance one time 5 years after you build it and is late for an event...

Country Flag: Canada
      Are those dust booties actually re-purposed bicycles inner tubes?
      1972 Nova, forged LQ4 with twin 6466's, T56 Magnum, OEM subframe w/ Speedtech front, Chassisworks gLink rear, Ridetech coils & Wilwoods, with a rear floater in the works --> http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...1972-nova.html

Wow !!!!
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Frojoe; Yes, it's a very versatile material. Elastic, durable and cheap.
      Not sure it will work out, but time will tell. The cable ties will be switched to stainless though.
      It's not a water resistans solution, but most of the dust will be kept away though.

Syborg;

Awesome build. Subscribed!

I have seen a lot of crazy car builds and fewer crazy car builds with such great attention to details. Out of all of the ones with such great attention to details, the Swedes consistently seem to be the ones with the crazy builds with amazing attention to details.

This is a beautiful build. I love it!

Thansk!

Not much progress since last time. I've been busy with summer things...

The subframe is in primer though;

And the power steering has made it into the car;

Some updates...

Had to modify the diff cover since it's so tight space for the dedione.

First time diff and rear suspension is in the body at the same time. And it fits! When the trailing arms are in shortest position, there's still 1/2" clearance between diff and dedione. The trailing arms are supposed to be appr. 1" longer, so there's enough with clearance. But this way, I'm sure it's idiot proof. There's no way they can get contact.

Mounts for radiator frame were welded to the subframe. The bad thing with beeing an engineer is that you need fixtures for everything. There's no way two mounts (for the same part) can be free-hand-fitted...

Lower A-arms for the front suspension... and a fixture.

Spent some time prepping the firewall for paint.

...and finally paint!!

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com