Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

We need 15 cars for the Mitty at Road Atlanta

We need 15 cars to participate at the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta in a few weeks.
      ( April 29th to May 2nd , 2010 )

I know this is short notice , and I will move this thread to the "Racing Events" forum later .

We used to have great access to Road Atlanta when the Year One Experience was held there .
      The Year One Experience is gone , but we have another chance to get to run our cars on Road Atlanta .

If we can get at least 15 cars to sign up , pay , and show up , they will give us our own Car Corral at the Mitty.
      We will be a group of modernized classis musclecars in the midst of some of the worlds most famous roadrace cars and drivers.
      These people and cars have "walked the walk and talked the talk".
      There's no posers.

I'm hoping this will be our entry into this group of roadracers.
      We could attend the Mitty every year and take spirited "touring laps " around Road Atlanta like we used to..

What I really want is for us to get our own time trails class.

So , we need to make a good showing and we will have a new venue for some pro-touring fun !!
      And I'm hoping to make this an annual / yearly event.
      Maybe even move the Peach State Musclecar Challenge to overlap the Mitty each year.
      They've already got the venue set up with vendors, food , safety crews , timers , and celebrities for us.
      And we don't have to do all the work to stage the event and rent the track.
      ( I looked into renting Road Atlanta for the PSMC this year , the price was astronomical !)

Here's a link with info on the Mitty.

http://classicmotorsports.net/events/mitty-2010/

Buy tickets at this link :

http://classicmotorsports.net/mitty-tickets/

Make sure to buy the touring laps session tickets as well as your daily tickets OR buy the VIP Package which includes all 3 days plus touring laps sessions.
      I'm going for the VIP package , it's only $129 for all 3 days ..that's $43 a day ( cheap )

I'm hoping this will be our way of getting a pro-touring event on a big roadcourse in Georgia again.

Plus , the classic motorsports , and historic race people are looking for some new participants and fans at the events.
      They want to bring in some youngsters to help the event last for years to come.
      So , they want us and we need them. It sounds like a good match.
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 04-23-2010 at 07:28 AM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

I really miss the Year One Experience. At the same time we've put on some great pro touring events of our own. Classic Motorsports magazine, the sister title to Grassroots Motorsports, is inviting us to mingle with the gods of speed.
      If we get 15 cars, Classic Motorsports will provide a tent. Regardless of the car count, this is a chance to hang with fellow pro-touring enthusiasts, and check out some exciting HSR vintage racing? What does that mean? You can get up close and personal with a F5000 race car. It's the hot rod equivalent of a Formula 1 car. The car pictured below is powered by a small block Chevy.

I've sat in this car and it is indeed a hot rod. Another example is the Historic GT race. The video below shows a Trans Am that is all too similar to our pro touring cars.

So come, enjoy, get on track if you want and be a part of the Classic Motorsports Mitty. Feel free to post, pm, email or call with any questions.
      /Steevo

I can't wait to see some Formula 5000 cars !!
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Im already going, i was already clicked up with my other shop but if there is some other muscle in there im down..

lets get some Streetfighters in there!

bauuuuugghhaahh i want to soooo bad...but there's no way i can have the bird ready that fast.

OK Is the 129 for the car? Or per person?

Would my basicly stock Z28 be welcome? I would like to see what it'll do then see how much it and I improve when the next event comes along. Thanks Jamie

Drew Ewing does not let his handicap slow him down. We have raced him in NASA American Iron and his E46 M3 with the SMG trans will run 1:38/1:39 laps at Road Atlanta. We ran the Mitty from 1984 to 2001 with our '68 AMX and our two AMC IMSA cars.
      We now only do NASA events and they have a Time Trial class.

I will be there. What days are you wanting the cars to exhibit?
      HPDE is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
      So much to learn......so much $$ to do so lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      Im already going, i was already clicked up with my other shop but if there is some other muscle in there im down..

lets get some Streetfighters in there!
      Yes Amir !!
      Bring some more streetfighters !
      That's what we need ...
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndgenhunter View Post
      OK Is the 129 for the car? Or per person?

Would my basicly stock Z28 be welcome? I would like to see what it'll do then see how much it and I improve when the next event comes along. Thanks Jamie
      The $129 is for a one person and the car they are going to bring into the event.
      If someone is coming , just as a spectator , they can just get the daily tickets or the 3 day pass..
      See the website here :
      http://classicmotorsports.net/mitty-tickets/

Your stock Z28 is more than welcome...
      Seeing yourself improve is EXACTLY what this hobby is about..
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 04-07-2010 at 05:16 AM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

We want the cars to be exhibited Friday ,Saturday ,and Sunday ..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFTATE View Post
      We want the cars to be exhibited Friday ,Saturday ,and Sunday ..
      ...but you are welcome to come and go as you please. And you can choose your own level of track time at the gate: Parade Laps or Touring Laps. Also you can test drive a new MX-5 Miata on the Kumho Autocross.

Expect to see a lot of totally awesome BRE racing Datsuns, as Peter Brock, founder of Brock Racing Enterprises, is the Grand Marshall for the event. The entire BRE race team will be on hand.

Lotus is the featured marque. So you can can be one of the first to see the new Lotus Evora in the skin.

As you can tell, this is a different kind of event for the pro touring community. Take Note: Opportunities exist to stretch your car's legs and watch some great vintage racing, this is is not a pro touring competition event. YET!

Please let us know ASAP if you will be attending. I have a meeting on Friday about our group's placement on the infield. It's okay if only 3 cars show up, but the more the better. I'm trying to get us a good spot.

If you are coming please e-mail me [email protected] or Steve [email protected]
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by formula View Post
      bauuuuugghhaahh i want to soooo bad...but there's no way i can have the bird ready that fast.
      I would love to share the paddock and track with your car. There's always next year. Think of this as a dry run. The event has been around for 34 years and we're just figuring out the connection between pro touring and vintage racing. I'm on it!

Quote Originally Posted by 401Spirit View Post
      Drew Ewing does not let his handicap slow him down. We have raced him in NASA American Iron and his E46 M3 with the SMG trans will run 1:38/1:39 laps at Road Atlanta. We ran the Mitty from 1984 to 2001 with our '68 AMX and our two AMC IMSA cars.
      We now only do NASA events and they have a Time Trial class.
      Drew Ewing is an inspiration. Please post some pix of all your AMC's.

Let me do some figuring. Got a email sent to them about RV parking. I might bring up the RV and the trailer with either mine or Ty's car

Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68 View Post
      I would love to share the paddock and track with your car. There's always next year. Think of this as a dry run. The event has been around for 34 years and we're just figuring out the connection between pro touring and vintage racing. I'm on it!

I take that as a compliment of the highest degree, good sir!

so that I (and others) can prep for the future--are there any rules or regulations we should know about? I guess if you're just planning to run parade, probably not....but beyond that?

so that I (and others) can prep for the future--are there any rules or regulations we should know about? I guess if you're just planning to run parade, probably not....but beyond that?
      Dude, what the hell is wrong with you! I told you that we could make your car track worthy by then! Say yes already and I'm coming with! Besides, I have to live my life through your car since mine doesn't roll right now.... WE CAN GET IT DONE BY THEN!

Now quit whining and step up. Step up or go home.... lol.

I just hope you can find a helmet to fit your hair.... cuz you're going.... even if I have to drive you there myself (in the Bird of course).

lol ok rant over.... I'm out....
      JC Scott

It is.

There ain't. Just common sense safety at the parade lap level.

COME!

Quote Originally Posted by fletcherscustoms View Post
      Let me do some figuring. Got a email sent to them about RV parking. I might bring up the RV and the trailer with either mine or Ty's car
      I'll be RV'ing it, so we can cause trouble after hours.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com