Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm going Twin Procharged

This is the SBC twin F1C gear drive winging it's way across the Atlantic from Terry at the Supercharger store.

It's not here yet but these pics have wet my appetite...

Nice! It would look pretty with twin F3Rs :D
      Bob

wow does he make one for twin D1sc's. that is so awesome I really want one!
      Holley HP EFI, Procharged D1SC, 383 Dart Little M block and forged internals. 15.5 psi on E85! Chromoly Fab 9 rear end with Strange Pro Iron center diff, 3.89's and a Chomoly 4 point roll bar. Yes, its still a 4 speed car!

This might be a dumb question, but what would happen if you ran a smaller procharger with a bigger one? Like a staged turbo setup. does it kind of work the same?
      Holley HP EFI, Procharged D1SC, 383 Dart Little M block and forged internals. 15.5 psi on E85! Chromoly Fab 9 rear end with Strange Pro Iron center diff, 3.89's and a Chomoly 4 point roll bar. Yes, its still a 4 speed car!

holy crap dude - that looks like its going to be sick!
      HPDE is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
      So much to learn......so much $$ to do so lol

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
      Nice! It would look pretty with twin F3Rs :D
      LOL! You would need a pretty wide car for that, not to mention a drive chain that could hold the 5000hp you'd make.!LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Supervette View Post
      This might be a dumb question, but what would happen if you ran a smaller procharger with a bigger one? Like a staged turbo setup. does it kind of work the same?
      I may well do that but with both the same size. From the outlet of one to the intake of the other. You get twice the pressue....Parrallel you get twice the volume, but too much volume can mean pressure as well.....

AIR is Procharger's industrial sister company. Notice the spec's 15psi 5000cfm parallel and 40psi 2500cfm series..

Thing is using gas you can't really do much with 80 PSI even with inter blower intercooling hence parallel staging is what most do. Now if it were a diesel.!!!!!

I got it. Parallel looks like the way to go much more CFM and less boost pressure it appears according to the graphs. What kind of fuel system is feeding this beast?! This is one of the coolest projects I've ever seen. by the way thanks for the explanation on that its not everyday you get good graphs like that to look at. Im also wondering how your fitting that engine with the prochargers on the front and wedging it in the engine bay. You must have a lot of fabrication done on the front end of the car?

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm sure people are following this project but as all the other twin Procharged cars are Outlaw Drag Radial 2500 - 3000hp Monsters. I thought I have a go and control the boost to allow me to drive it on the street round corners at below 1000hp, and then turn up the boost via waste gates for some fun.

Back in '94 people said I was crazy to buy a Procharger (Brand new company) and run a 700hp car on the street. 18 years later 700hp street cars are common, so I thought I'd make this build future proof!!!!

This was....cutting edge in '94 especially in the UK. Remember Prochargers website had one page back then......
      I've got my doubters but you have given positive vibes so I'll crack on....

Maybe those AFR 235's are going to turn out to be too small after all! You are a sick man

Where does the radiator end up?

Jim
      Don't take a knife to a gunfight.

Half-Assed = Half-Fast

The radiators have been split and will be run in parallel....a third may be added if needed in series.......
      This is as far as I have got!!!

Country Flag: United States
      I was just going to ask about the radiator too. Looks interesting.
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

Tits

92 azz draggin blazer
      86 Monte Carlo SS
      64 Impala

How big is the motor?

Love it!Any up dates?

Quote Originally Posted by DJW32 View Post
      How big is the motor?
      It's tiny Dart 406. I didn't fancy a real big small block...

Country Flag: United States
      What are your goals on the track?
      Todd

I'd love to drive 150 - 250 miles to the strip and rip of low eights in RWYB. Not looking to fully cage or install chutes. Then possibly enter this competition we have over here called Ten of The Best. TOTB consists of unlimited modified cars running the cones for time then a 1/4 mile run followed by a 2 mile high speed run. Currently its dominated by modified Vipers and Skylines. You need mid eight quarters, low times on the autocross and 205 - 215 mph top speed run to be competitive.

There are plenty of mid eight single F2 Procharged street cars. Even a few high seven semi-street cars too but the more I modify the suspension for the 1/4 the worse the autocross handling becomes. Hence the need to have high power with a lot of control over the boost curves!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com