Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Saw this over on YB, they say it has good "street manners"....

Great inspiration for my baby street version...

Country Flag: United States
      cool vid. wonder it made?
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

Somewhere around 1600hp on less than half boost, 17lbs....should be able to get 50lbs when they change the gear drive ratios...

Progress vid..

MODERATOR: Language in video not appropriate.
      Last edited by CarlC; 06-10-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Language

[QUOTE=Procharmo;681429]Progress vid..

Fu$%! lol
      Last edited by CarlC; 06-10-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Language
      HPDE is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
      So much to learn......so much $$ to do so lol

Quote Originally Posted by Procharmo View Post
      Back in '94 people said I was crazy to buy a Procharger (Brand new company) and run a 700hp car on the street. 18 years later 700hp street cars are common, so I thought I'd make this build future proof!!!!

This was....cutting edge in '94 especially in the UK. Remember Prochargers website had one page back then......
      I've got my doubters but you have given positive vibes so I'll crack on....

I only doubt your sanity.

You can't really listen to people in the UK though, it's so full of tuning bull**** it's hard to keep your own head straight at times.

Nice work on the build - will you be just using it on the street or can we see you heading to any tracks north of london? Would be great to see this beast in person.
      '79 Trans Am W72 400/4spd Y84 S/E with WS6 T-Tops LSD AC OK?

Remember, big engines are for those trying to compensate for something.

I'd love to drive 150 - 250 miles to the strip and rip of low eights in RWYB. Not looking to fully cage or install chutes. Then possibly enter this competition we have over here called Ten of The Best. TOTB consists of unlimited modified cars running the cones for time then a 1/4 mile run followed by a 2 mile high speed run. Currently its dominated by modified Vipers and Skylines. You need mid eight quarters, low times on the autocross and 205 - 215 mph top speed run to be competitive.

There are plenty of mid eight single F2 Procharged street cars. Even a few high seven semi-street cars too but the more I modify the suspension for the 1/4 the worse the autocross handling becomes. Hence the need to have high power with a lot of control over the boost curves!!!!!
      For some reaon I missed the rest of this thread.

This at ten of the best would be great to see. You'll need a LOT of boost control.....those autox tracks are tight.

The way those skylines go, you could turn up with two thirds the power they have and still beat them. Granted, they're quick, but they take a while to get quick, if you know what I mean. I think you'll have the event wrapped up as long as you can tame that power through autox.

Quote Originally Posted by 79PonchoUK View Post
      For some reaon I missed the rest of this thread.

This at ten of the best would be great to see. You'll need a LOT of boost control.....those autox tracks are tight.

The way those skylines go, you could turn up with two thirds the power they have and still beat them. Granted, they're quick, but they take a while to get quick, if you know what I mean. I think you'll have the event wrapped up as long as you can tame that power through autox.
      Thanks 79PonchoUK, sometimes I spend time justifying my goals online, sometimes I feel it's not worth explaining. But here goes!

There are so many drag racers that feel you need 18" wide slicks, a four link and a 25 point cage just to run 10's yet there are others running 7's with leaf springs and 275 tryes.

There are cars with just the Hotchkis TVS and Kumohs tearing up the auto cross yet some have mini tubs, 335's and 315's on the front and can't hang with the others, even with the same driver!.

So many refuse to embrace anything new or have a irrational fear of failure. Thanks again for the encouragement and seeing beyond the "Why" question.....

I'm sure the Wright Brothers must have had similar issues.

Here's some of my favourite video's showing individuals who must have been asked "Why".....

[QUOTE=wicked68;681525]
      Progress vid..

Fu$%! lol
      Sorry!!!

I want to take my car to autocross here in the midlands.

A few years ago I took my V6 capri and was told by the autocross organiser that it might be too cumbersome for the course. I disagreed, turned up and put in very respectable times....beating MX5s, porsche 944s etc.
      I know for a fact that the trans am would be quicker despite its size and weight, but I know for a fact that when I take it there I'll get smirks.

Every time i watch TOTB I think to myself how much better a well turned out muscle car would be at the event. Particularly if it had the spending those skylines and evos do. It's a car that has some better fundamentals than either...space for huge tyres, a big engine to begin with and the dimensions to hold it all together.

I really think that if you're capable behind the wheel, your car will trounce the TOTB competitors and shut a few people up for good. Particularly those I speak to at le mans...."that overweight tank couldn't negotiate ASDA car park without spinning off, let alone a race track."

Righto.

Thanks for the encouragement. Sounds like you and I encounter similar doubters. Mary's 2nd Gen is a testament to the fact that the cars can be made to handle without straying too far from stock style suspension. A similar movement is taking place in drag racing and there are many racers upset by stock appearing cars on small tyres (No tubs/leaf springs)) putting in very fast times that were previously reserved for purpose built machines.....(slicks)....

p1sc/d1scs would bolt right up to that. An f1 is the same bolt pattern but it the housing is like half an inch thicker. I recenlty bolted an f1 in place of my p1sc with no problems.
      72 challenger
      RMS Alterkation
      Airbar w/ coils overs
      422" R3 motor w/ F1 Procharger

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrpunk23 View Post
      p1sc/d1scs would bolt right up to that. An f1 is the same bolt pattern but it the housing is like half an inch thicker. I recently bolted an f1 in place of my p1sc with no problems.
      You're right Twin P1SC's will support over 1200hp all day long. But I guess they'd come on sooner in the rpm range than a single larger blower....

bad ass setup!

Quote Originally Posted by LineUPP View Post
      bad ass setup!
      Thanks for the complement, I've still not fired up yet, been wiring and starting to filler her up with fluids......Depending on whether I upgraded the front Brakes from Baer 2 piston 13" rotors to Baer 6P 13" rotors or ditch the 17" wheels for 18" and go 14" rotors the chosen option will dictate how much longer this all takes.

Knowing my luck by the time i get it to the event some billionaire will turn up at TOTB with a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport and put down 265mph top speed, 9 sec quarter and the fastest track time LOL!.

OH God that looks awesome..
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Country Flag: UK
      WOW you have been busy!

Veyron Super Sport rocks, but hey, give me a Camaro any day

Veyron Super Sport is the king but £2,000,000.00!!!!!!

Mark look out for an "it's alive" video soon. I had my lap top stolen and all my old youtube stuff's been deleted. Luckily they didn't take the car or any parts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com