Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: United States
      So good to see a body on the frame! Something about the run down body on the new fancy chassis is doing it for us. Any reason why you chose to switch to cantilever?

Hey Dragon

Where did u get the cantilevers? Nice.

The only reason I went to the cantilever setup is because I thought it would be cool and I wanted to design my own rockers. I designed them to be cheap to manufacture, since they are a 3 piece design there is virtually no machining required (just honing the main bore for the delrin bushings). The 3 pieces are cut on a water jet and then bolted together versus CNC machining a large billet chunk of aluminum. I actually built 3 sets and did the R&D on my 1995 Trans Am. It is REALLY cool to see the coilovers working and moving when I look in the rearview mirror.
      "Step Brothers"
      Pro Toured 95 Pontiac Trans Am (Green Dragon)
      Full Frame Build 69 Camaro (Night Hawk)
      -Luca Z

Subscribed !!!
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

That's all the reasoning we need. Cantilever definitely has more cool factor!
      Last edited by Centerforce; 06-09-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Whoa...what an AWESOME build. :-)

I get the general idea of a cantilever suspension, but I'd love see some close up pics of how you made it all work together on your frame. Very nice work!

That is one cool suspension setup!
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Looks really nice.

Know put the sheet metal back on the car just like it is and do a crazy nice engine bay, interior and trunk and blow peoples minds when the walk up to the car.

ps maybe 86 the package tray so they can see the full suspension

Quote Originally Posted by GrnDragon View Post
      So another 2 years...

Just a couple changes.
      -Almost complete custom full cage 1.75" tubing
      -Mounted up the front and rear cantilever suspension setup

Nothing like working in the dirt!

This is why the Camaro is going sooooo slow...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA4JSOlS3b0

...that and no money now having 3 kids. Anyone know what the upcoming lotto numbers are going to be?
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Nice project

X2 - any updates on this one? I am very curious about one aspect(among many others) of your build. How did you know what tires(width) and wheels(width and BS) to buy that far in advance and have the stance wind up so damn perfect on the body? My car is just out of paint, getting assembled and some glass and then she will be home - I have been sweating bullets trying to figure out what tire/wheel combo will fit on a totally aftermarket pro-tour build

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
      X2 - any updates on this one? I am very curious about one aspect(among many others) of your build. How did you know what tires(width) and wheels(width and BS) to buy that far in advance and have the stance wind up so damn perfect on the body? My car is just out of paint, getting assembled and some glass and then she will be home - I have been sweating bullets trying to figure out what tire/wheel combo will fit on a totally aftermarket pro-tour build
      I had MANY of the random "I need to go in the garage to measure something" quote to my wife for months trying to ensure that the wheel back space and width would be perfect on the car. I measured a couple 1969 camaro's with nice fitting wheels/tires from outside to outside and worked backwards from there to make sure that my wheels were correct. It is SUPER stressful buying wheels and hoping that you get the proper measurements for a custom setup!
      "Step Brothers"
      -Luca Z

Sorry for so few updates on this project I have only been able to work on it once per year when we visit our parents in Montana, I live in WA state. I had planned to bring it out here this year but my 1995 Pontiac Trans Am engine ended up being bad and now it is under the knife again. So there will be limited updates for at least another year.
      "Step Brothers"
      -Luca Z

I had MANY of the random "I need to go in the garage to measure something" quote to my wife for months trying to ensure that the wheel back space and width would be perfect on the car. I measured a couple 1969 camaro's with nice fitting wheels/tires from outside to outside and worked backwards from there to make sure that my wheels were correct. It is SUPER stressful buying wheels and hoping that you get the proper measurements for a custom setup!
      Haha - glad I am not the only one then. never thought of working backwards - great tip! Thank you sir.

Just saw this project for the first time! I've probably watched that movie 20+ times! Love the analogy to the Firebird and Camaro!

Your 95 T/A grew up and moved out of your parents' house. Hopefully your Camaro will soon too! ;-)
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

My yearly trip back to Montana, we are trying to buy land so I might be able to move it out here in a couple years.
      Tried my other Forgelines and I am really liking them, the only progress I made was a couple more bars in the cage.

I put the ZX3P's on one side and the SO3P's on the other...choices...choices...
      Name:  DSC_4824 Smaller.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  529.7 KBName:  DSC_4821 Smaller.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  536.8 KBName:  DSC_4820 Smaller.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  513.5 KBName:  DSC_4817 Smaller.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  552.6 KBName:  DSC_4814 Smaller.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  533.9 KB
      "Step Brothers"
      -Luca Z

Any updates?

I think this project may turn into a lifetime project. Life just gets in the way with limited funds and time.
      Plus, I started another project, a 1977 2WD K5 Blazer that is snowballing, just like all my other projects.

It is finally in all new exterior metal, the cage is complete, still a ways to go but nice to see it without rust holes.

I need an engine and tranny to really get it progressing, but I don't have $20k+ for the engine I want...yet.

Name:  IMG_1843.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  552.5 KBName:  IMG_1838.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  524.8 KBName:  IMG_1836.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  690.6 KBName:  IMG_1827.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  474.7 KBName:  IMG_3990.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  222.9 KBName:  IMG_3919.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  285.3 KBName:  IMG_3907.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  297.5 KB
      "Step Brothers"
      -Luca Z

My yearly trip back to Montana, we are trying to buy land so I might be able to move it out here in a couple years.
      Tried my other Forgelines and I am really liking them, the only progress I made was a couple more bars in the cage.

I put the ZX3P's on one side and the SO3P's on the other...choices...choices...
      Name:  DSC_4824 Smaller.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  529.7 KBName:  DSC_4821 Smaller.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  536.8 KBName:  DSC_4820 Smaller.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  513.5 KBName:  DSC_4817 Smaller.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  552.6 KBName:  DSC_4814 Smaller.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  533.9 KB
      Forgelines ZX3 all the way. They are killer. I'm partial. Why because they are on my 67 lol. What an awesome build. I'm subscribed
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com