Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Nice ride!!! Very cool..

It's been a long time since I posted. I have gotten a little further on the ride. Below are the things that I have completed since I lasted updated the thread.

I got finished the Hydroboost install (for now) with a willwood master and black AN lines. The box is sloppy, and over powered but everything funcutions. I will need to improve this area but it will have to wait.

The car brakes better than ever. The c5/6 Kore3 combo and a Hydroboost is a bad azz cobo.

I fitted the car with bilsten HD's all around. I did not buy them from Marc @ Sc&c only because he was out of stock. He was cool enough to point me in the right direction with part numbers in hand to someone who occasionally has them in stock. This was a unbelievably humble move by Marc and when I address my front end geometry and power steering his company will receive every dime of my budget.

I had a custom interior guy come out and install the headliner and sail panels. He is here in Roseville, Ca. However I am a not completely impressed and there is a few things I would like him to address. Once he does this I will give him a shining endorsement.

I spent the last week and half driving the vehicle around town I have put around 150 miles on it and it drive okay just needs some tuning.

Right now I'm deciding on whether or not to install a wide band o2 gauge, I wish there was a cheaper option for this.

@DEIGUY I would like to come by the house soon and check the progress on the Camaro, let me know when you have time.

1967 Firebird 400 4 speed
      4 wheel c5zo6 brakes + hydroboost
      18"sterns wrapped in RE-11's

Country Flag: Philippines
      Love the color, as it's very similar to what I'm going with. Just curious if you have some more pics of the interior. Is it all the dark/midnight blue color or have you mixed it with black. I was looking to paint the metal areas inside my 67 Camaro and leave the seats, carpet, headliner, dashpad and door panels the original black color.

Aaron

all exposed metal interior surfaces are body color matched, I sometimes wish I would have went satin black more like factory. I think it over all make the interior flow better.
      1967 Firebird 400 4 speed
      4 wheel c5zo6 brakes + hydroboost
      18"sterns wrapped in RE-11's

Country Flag: United States
      Car is looking really good James. I would love to see it in person. I will be down for about a week starting tomorrow, having double hernia and vasectomy surgery. I will give you a call when I am back up and around. I got my wheels and tire in and started on the mini tub.
      Guy S.

68 Camaro LS1, T56, Forgeline WC3
      69 El Camino BBC 4spd A/C Cruise SOLD
      2012 Dodge Crewcab Diesel 4x4

Very nice looking 'Bird you have there. About the a/f meter...I just saw in a magazine (sorry, forget which one) where someone has come up with an "all in one" kit for around $200. From the looks of it, they had some how shrunk down all of the tech and put it inside the digital guage. Looked as if you simply installed the probe, run the line, install the guage and that's it. No external 'Box" or naything else needed. Sure caught my attention. If it's important, go to a bookstore and pour through all of the hot rod, muscle car mags and you'll find it. They were doing a full on write up about it. Hope this helps. Happy driving!

[/URL]

I've been looking at the innovate a/f gauge. Might be the one you are refering to. Summit has them for $209.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/b.../?autoview=SKU
      '66 Mustang
      '67 FireBird https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...light=firebird
      '68 Barracuda
      '69 Mustang Mach 1
      '97 Mustang Cobra
      '04 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by cobraguy65 View Post
      I've been looking at the innovate a/f gauge. Might be the one you are refering to. Summit has them for $209.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/b.../?autoview=SKU
      That's it!

[/URL]

updates???

Wonder if someone on here ended up with my old bird

Lone*Star, Great job on the paint!! I only hope my 68 looks anywhere near that strait. I also like the painted bumpers, I am defiantly going to paint mine also. I do not have the budget to re-chrome them after I customize them. Again, Great job!!

Hi Lone*Star - I have the same car as you and your car looks great. I am in the process of painting mine the same color and from the looks of your it should turn out nice.

In the picture below it looks like your car is leaning a little on the drivers side. Mine has the same issue and was wondering if you have corrected yours yet? I'm thinking it's the rear springs but don't plan on messing with it until after I get the car back together and painted.

Looks good

1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com