Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by streetrods View Post
      And here is a 66 I lowered this week.... it has a stock 66 rear end... the wheels in back are 18x8 with a 4.75 backspacing....tires are 245 40 18s.... It is a very tight fit to the outside... had to grind the 1/4 panel lip some.... a 5 or 5.25 backspace wheel would make it easier...

DANG!! That is a clean little coupe that sits right! Nice work! Talk about instant attitude!

Jason

You can put 18s up front if you want to... I just like the staggered look myself...

Quote Originally Posted by JayR View Post
      DANG!! That is a clean little coupe that sits right! Nice work! Talk about instant attitude!
      Thanks! maybe you can make me a set of wheels I can borrow for the 66 I'm working on now?? ; ) I have mini tubs in it so a 19x10 and 18x7 setup would be awesome!

Streetrods....I need your help!!!

Hey there streetrods, I apologize for the unsolicited email, but I was hoping to ask you questions about your vehicle build.

Let me start w/ some background. I bought my 1966 Mustang coupe in 1998 while serving onboard the USS Caron, stationed in Virginia Beach, VA. The car was pretty bare bones, the engine not so great and tons of rust. Over the years I have invested a bit of funds into getting the motor and sheet metal to a solid state. Now it's time for some serious changes / upgrades to the suspension, brakes, wheels and tires.

I saw a photo of your 1966 coupe that you had recently lowered. This is the same year and color of my car and I would very much like to mimic the stance and wheels of your car.

So my questions, may seem redundant, but I am trying to cover all bases and build this car w/o breaking the bank and more importantly without making purchases that may later prove to not fit with parts on the car now...that's my big fear.

So, let the questions begin:
      1. How do you like the staggered look and do you feel 18" tires in the front are too much?
      2. What brand and model # front shocks are you using?
      3. What brand and model # rear shocks are you using?
      4. Are you running stock rear leaf springs? If not, what are you using?
      5. Are you still using stock brakes? Are they drum? If not, what brand of aftermarket brakes do you use and what are the model or kit #s ?
      6. Did you upgrade the master cylinder? to what?
      7. I am very much going to use the same tire and wheel combo, but am concerned that it won't fit on a stock drum brake setup....thoughts?
      8. Did you make any mods to the rear diff or axle?
      9. Anything you would do differently now that you've gone through a build out?

I really appreciate your (and anyone else's) help guiding me through my 66 build out.

will 18x7 all the way around with 4in back spacing fit ok on a 65 mustang coupe? Will plan on lowering the front 1in and the rear 2ish inches.

Not mine....dont know who's. The pic was sent to me by a friend.

18x8 & 20x9 and 2" drop coils is all the info I have on it.

I think it would look better if it was lowered some more.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by streetrods View Post
      Here is a 66 I did a few years back with a 17/18 combo... the rears were 18x8 with 4.5 backspace...tires were 245 35 18s... however I put a maverick rear in it which is a little narrower..and when I put 1/4 skins on it I pulled them out about 1/4 inch each side... so there is no way you could put 4.5 bs wheels on a stock 66 mustang and drop it like this one..

Awesome car!! That is a great colour, it doesnt look like an original one though. Do you mind me asking what colour that is?

Hey eatapeach can you tell me what that scoop is off originally? I think I saw the same thing the other way around on a fastback once?

Country Flag: United States
      19x10 rear, 19x9 front, 285/30 all around.

IMO, the 20's look terrible... don't go bigger than 18's.
      1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B (Jan 69) LOS Build

Quote Originally Posted by bages View Post
      Awesome car!! That is a great colour, it doesnt look like an original one though. Do you mind me asking what colour that is?

Hey eatapeach can you tell me what that scoop is off originally? I think I saw the same thing the other way around on a fastback once?
      the color was factory it is Sauterne Gold met. code z

streetrods Im seriously addicted to your car, that colour is nuts!! Do you have any others you can post? Out in full sun? (I know that doesnt necessarily make for a good photo but would like to see how it changes the colour)

Thanks for the info !!

Quote Originally Posted by latamud View Post
      Hell yeah, those wheels are pretty sweet looking!

Wow sick set up, I am new to this site and just got my dads 66 Mustang that he has had for 42 years. Now its time to get this Mustang back on the road with a new look. I want to run a set up like this one but need some help with suspension set up. Any help would be great. Great site!!!
      Thank you
      Tony

20x10's would b awesome back there!

im trying to convince one of my buddies to P/T his newly bought '67 Stang!! but he likes the ol'skool muscle look though..... :cough: boring :cough:
      I know it's a 4DR but you still can't have a ride!!

Mean looking Stang! What is the wheels size and offset in the front?.

Thanks fot your reply.

Cool car - Like the rim choice and stance. What are the flares from

wow! sick car! are those the Parnelli Jones wheels?

-Sean

My lastest 66 project for those who are not following my build thread....18x10s and 18x7s Mini tubbed

Beautiful Car. What is the off set of your wheels. I am building a 65 fastback and really like your car. What mod did you do to the front suspension?

is it just me or the front wheels are different than the rears? rears looks like eagle 225 and fronts like coys c-57
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com