Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Jeff, any plans for marking off the cone location during setup? Most autocross clubs use chalk, or sheet rock, to make a white border around the cones. It washes away, and really usually just wears off due to the elements within a day or two.
      One of the things I noticed at RTTH last year was that the cones weren't marked. Technically, the course changes every time a hit cone gets replaced.
      I've got a ton of sheet rock that I can bring. I hope to be there early enough to help you out with setup.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ACR-Mark View Post
      Jeff, any plans for marking off the cone location during setup? Most autocross clubs use chalk, or sheet rock, to make a white border around the cones. It washes away, and really usually just wears off due to the elements within a day or two.
      One of the things I noticed at RTTH last year was that the cones weren't marked. Technically, the course changes every time a hit cone gets replaced.
      I've got a ton of sheet rock that I can bring. I hope to be there early enough to help you out with setup.
      That's a great idea Mark .
      I thought about that , but had forgotten..
      I'm glad you reminded me.

If we mark the cone positions then it will easier to replicate the course on the second day ..

If you bring some sheetrock pieces or chalk , that would be great ...

Thanks ..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Jeff, although it's a little late in the game, how does one become a sponsor for the event?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyRnD View Post
      Jeff, although it's a little late in the game, how does one become a sponsor for the event?

I PM'd you
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 06-16-2010 at 07:14 AM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

I can't believe this event is right around the corner. I'm so freakin' swamped! It will be nice to put my brain in neutral and just enjoy the PSMC.

I'm pumped! Car should be close to ready by then and I can't wait to beat on her for a couple of days!!

It's nice to have an excuse to hang out...
      I can't wait to see all you guys again.

To me , the event of hangin' with your buds , and driving the cars full-out is what's important.
      No matter how big or fancy the event is .
      I can't wait.
      I work on ways to improve the event all the time.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Thanks for everyone that is making this possible!!!

The Brrrd will be there...it's first autocross.
      Jim Grayson agreed to coach me if he could take the brrrd thru the course one time....

Driven daily, no trailer queen!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124495

It's getting closer!!!!!

looks like im still in the game!

gonna bring my rusty Storm tho.. at least I get to play.

Jeff, couple of questions that I hadn't seen asked yet:

1. restrooms at the autocross? As I recall, last year they had the building open for that kind of thing...
      2. food / drinks at the event: is anyone providing / selling food & drinks, or is it a bring your own? If someone is providing / selling, is it cash-only or cards accepted?

I know they may seem like silly questions, but for an event in our hot-as-heck Georgia summer, it would be good to plan ahead. I've been to several events in this kind of heat and it's REAL easy to get dehydrated / etc. I'm going to bring a cooler with some drinks, so if anyone forgets theirs I'll have a few extras.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyRnD View Post
      Jeff, couple of questions that I hadn't seen asked yet:

1. restrooms at the autocross? As I recall, last year they had the building open for that kind of thing...
      2. food / drinks at the event: is anyone providing / selling food & drinks, or is it a bring your own? If someone is providing / selling, is it cash-only or cards accepted?

I know they may seem like silly questions, but for an event in our hot-as-heck Georgia summer, it would be good to plan ahead. I've been to several events in this kind of heat and it's REAL easy to get dehydrated / etc. I'm going to bring a cooler with some drinks, so if anyone forgets theirs I'll have a few extras.
      The restrooms and building at the red top Auction will be open for us..
      An independent business sub-leases the snack bar in the auction lobby..
      I don't think they will be open .
      So , everyone should bring some water or gatorade..
      David and I are gonna bring some big coolers with water to share also..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by 69BRRRD View Post
      I booked a room at the Days Inn Cartersville (about a mile from David's on 20)
      so i can relax Friday night and not have to worry about a long drive home and back out Saturday!
      The rest of the guys are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn..

Heres' a link to the hotel info:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=66411
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 06-27-2010 at 08:32 AM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

I hate to bring this up, but I'd suggest blocking in the cars at night since the locations of the track and hotel have been listed. Brian and I were discussing what happened to the air ride Guys at the Braselton Bash a few years back.

Car alarm systems are getting cheaper and if you have one like me you can sleep at a motel knowing that if anybody screws with your car about 600 people will find out! Parking where you can see your pride and joy from your room, Agreed Value insurance and LoJack also provide some piece of mind.
      Sleeping in your car works too...if it's a cool night.

Driven daily, no trailer queen!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124495

Country Flag: Canada
      Jeff I posted in a different thread but haven't had any response. Is it possible to register last minute and are newer cars allowed to attend? My Falcon will never be done at the rate I am going but I can always bring the wifes Mustang (06).
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Jeff posted somewhere else that online would close Wednesday but he would accept cash if you just show up

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by fletcherscustoms View Post
      Jeff posted somewhere else that online would close Wednesday but he would accept cash if you just show up
      Cool thanks Chad.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by fletcherscustoms View Post
      Yes , bring cash !!
      I do not have a credit card machine ..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com