Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Wide-Band Air/Fuel Gauge Recommendation

Considering getting a Wide-Band Air/Fuel gauge kit to help with tuning. Any recommendations on the best manufacturer to get an entry level / lower cost system? I would like to try to keep the cost below around $250. The only one I have read anything about is the FAST analog Air/Fuel gauge kit - # 170634.

Country Flag: United States
      Not sure on the current price, but the only one I would consider would be the NGK AFX.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out later today and may have more questions after reviewing the information about them.

I have an innovate and it works awesome. It will record for about 20 minutes of driving. Gives me A\F per RPM. Real nice unit. I tune all my friends cars now.
      Everything Under the Sun is Intune
      Chris
      http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea..._am/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Taman View Post
      I have an innovate and it works awesome. It will record for about 20 minutes of driving. Gives me A\F per RPM. Real nice unit. I tune all my friends cars now.
      How much wiring is involved with installing it? It sounds like it isn't something that you leave hooked up all the time in your car, which I don't want to do either, so just curious what is needed for it to pick up the rpm reading, etc.

The FAST dual sensor is pretty nice & comparable to the Innovate, but costs slightly less (than the dual Innovate). Don't waste your money on the cheap narrow band stuff.

This brings up another question. What has been the experience from those that have used the dual sensor meters in regards to if the A/F ratio readings obtained from each side of the engine's exhaust have typically provided significant data over if just one side was measured to warrant the extra cost? Just curious how often it is found that there is a significant difference between the readings and if so what would typically be the cause and cure for it.

I'm running a pair of Autometer A/F wideband gauges in MotiV8r. they work well for me as a gauge and also have a 0-4v output and I used them to feed a signal to my fuel injection system.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...postcount=1664
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

I'm using the FAST Wide Band Air/Fuel Ratio Analog Gauge part#170634 its a very nice unit and there priced around 200 bucks, easy install, I think a few racers around here use the same and here's an article from camaro performers about the same unit Exhaust Snitch

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com