Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Ebay Aluminum Radiator??

I am looking to upgrade to an aluminum radiator. I have checked out all the big guys like Griffin and Be Cool, also Jegs and Summit. However on E bay I found two different suppliers with some very cheap prices. Anyone ever try a radiator from Champion Radiator on E bay or a Silla Radiator, or are these prices to good to be a good product?

Orlando Chavez
      67 Camaro,
      33 Ford 3 window i

got a link?
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Here is one I found a while back on ebay that seemed to be pretty decent for a mild build. This one is for a 2nd gen camaro.....but you get the idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Rad Options

Check with Frank at Prodigy Customs, he usually has some available, I ordered one in December and was very happy with the build quality and the price.

I have a 72 Maverick that Champion makes an aluminum radiator for. I can tell you the guys on the Maverick forum say they work awesome and the fit and finish is great. I will have mine in a couple days, but won;t have it in the car for a while.

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

Thanks for the response. So I guess what I am really asking if anyone actually has a champion radiator, and are they any good?
      Orlando Chavez
      67 Camaro,
      33 Ford 3 window i

Just saw another thread with the same topic, looks like they have some decent reviews, anyone else?
      Orlando Chavez
      67 Camaro,
      33 Ford 3 window i

I bought an aluminum radiator off ebay once. I don't remember the brand, but it was made in China. The radiator eventually fell apart. The electric fans rubbed the radiator and it started leaking. I took it to a shop that does radiators and the guy there said, a good radiator would not have done that.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/cutlassrkt?feature=mhee
      69 cutlass - 5.3l L33, Jakes stage 3 4L80e, 275/40/17 proxes tq

I just bought one of the Champion radiators off of ebay for my Cutlass. It's def. a nice piece for the price, but I can't tell you how well it cools yet. I did a little research and they seem to get good reviews.
      Kyle

1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme:
      Hotchkis TVS
      SC&C Stage II+
      SPC Tubular Lower Control Arms
      Rushforth Super Spokes 19/20 brushed/polished
      Olds 455 Build
      200-4R Transmission (CK Performance Full Billet Pro Street/Strip)
      10bolt 8.5" w/Truetrac, 3.73 gears, Moser 30spline axles

Just stay away from the 3 row radiators. 2 row aluminum cools better and has more surface area. The 3 row uses 3 5/8 tubes spaced 3/8 apart vs the traditional that has 2 1" tubes 3/8 apart.

My friend bought one on eBay and it looked ok at first. Turned out not to be soldered properly and with what he spent to fix it he could have bought a Ron Davis to start with.
      Tim Tracy
      68 Camaro 496 / T56 - Never Finished
      68 Camaro Real Z/28 - Under Restoration
      67 Camaro Project - Never going to have time

Any word on the Champion Radiators?

Team Camaro has a lot info on some of the Ebay radiators. There are a few that the guys swear by and a few they run from. You might want to check that out.

My ebay radiator works fine. 3 years no issues.
      Jeremy Wilson
      1969 Ford Torino GT Fastback

I have a 4 core Champion radiator going into my car this winter. Looks good, not cheap...have looked at a Griffin radiator right next to this one and they both look good. I read as much as possible on them before deciding to buy.....didnt read anything negative so I'm giving them a try.
      1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

You would be wise to check out www.championcooling.com for a quality alum. radiator.I have been useing a 3core 21inch wide $229.00 unit in my ride since last June.No problems at all.They have all sizes too.

Quote Originally Posted by chavez o View Post
      I am looking to upgrade to an aluminum radiator. I have checked out all the big guys like Griffin and Be Cool, also Jegs and Summit. However on E bay I found two different suppliers with some very cheap prices. Anyone ever try a radiator from Champion Radiator on E bay or a Silla Radiator, or are these prices to good to be a good product?
      I have a Champion in my car now. It works just fine. Just make sure you get something that is adequate with your horsepower.

I contacted 2 different sellers on ebay that sell the champion radiators and was told by both that they only have dual 3/4" tubes, not 1". I guess its not too big an issue as long as it cools the car. Overall, I've heard mostly positive things about them and the pricing is hard to beat.
      Ed Cooney
      '96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, LT1/4L60, full bolt-ons & Solomon's tune, 18" Ridler wheels, lowered with Belltech springs

‘70 Buick Skylark Convertible project w/ GN drivetrain

'91 Formula, pending track day build

I am a dealer for Champion. We are in the process of installing them in a few different customer cars and the pricing is hard to beat. I can get a 3 row radiator with dual fan/shroud setup for $380+shipping. A 4 core, their monster cooling series, with dual fan/shroad is $460. If you are looking for a "show" polish, it is an addtional $60 for the radiator and $35 for the shroud.
      Last edited by JustinB; 01-20-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@DriverzInc View Post
      I am a dealer for Champion. We are in the process of installing them in a few different customer cars and the pricing is hard to beat. I can get a 3 row radiator with dual fan/shroud setup for $380+shipping. A 4 core, their monster cooling series, with dual fan/shroad is $460. If you are looking for a "show" polish, it is an addtional $60 for the radiator and $35 for the shroud.
      Can you send me pricing on just a radiator? Let me know what info you'd need.
      Ed Cooney
      '96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, LT1/4L60, full bolt-ons & Solomon's tune, 18" Ridler wheels, lowered with Belltech springs

‘70 Buick Skylark Convertible project w/ GN drivetrain

'91 Formula, pending track day build

Ed, PM sent.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com