Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

5 Point Harness ?

I heard there are 5 point harnesses where the shoulder belts loop around the horizontal bar, behind the front seats. Does anyone know who sells these?
      Thanks,
      Kevin

dennis68 Guest
      Every harness manufacter has them.

They all do it. Get the bolt on type--not the hook on type. Then you basically undo the adjuster, toss the bolt on tab, loop the belt around the bar and thread it back through the adjuster. That may sound hokey , but load is carried on the end of the loop--not the adjuster. So it works Looks like the picture below.
      Another tip:
      -Avoid Y-Type Harnesses: Here one strap carries all the load. Separate shoulder harnesses are better. A true 5 point.
      -Lap Belty Mounting Points: For a track day car (as opposed to a full race car) you can get away with using the original lap belt mounting points for your lap belt.
      -If you car sees a lot of street duty, spend the $$$ on Cam-Loc type harnesses. The old school type latches can get annoying real fast.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Sorry to get off topic but damn Steve, I love your cage! I know you have a Due front clip but ball park rage how much would it cost to get a cage like yours?
      Stuart Seitz

It's all custom bent. I don't know probably $2K. You could probably save a few bucks by starting with an S&W kit and then modifying or replacing a coupla bars. May 2003 issue of Popular Hot Rodding shows the logic and construction.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing.
      Kevin

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com