Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Need a LT1 expert in Dallas area

I have a friend/customer with a 96 Impalla SS with a persistant P1351 code. Car will idle and run all day long below 1500 RPM and never set the code. the second it sees over 500 the code sets. It is a code dealing with Ignition module signal. Car has been running and driving a few years with this code and the guy finally wants it fixed. Car has recent new plugs, optispark, coil, and O2 sensors. I have replaced the entire engine harness due to a nitrous fire in the past that was causing all kinds of electrical issues that I was tired of band aiding. With the harness came an extra ECM. New ECM has no effect on the code setting. I have done all I know to do. I appreciate the inevitable internet suggestions, but I would really like to have someone look at this car in person. Whether a legit shop or someone wanting to make some cash money it doesn't matter.

Greg
      1970 challenger convert-in process
      1970 barracuda-driver

Greg how about a piece of black tape over the light?

Well the light or inspection sticker isn't really a problem as far as the customer is concerned. The guy wants to put the bottle back on the car and I feel a little nervous knowing something is not right with the engine controls.
      Greg
      1970 challenger convert-in process
      1970 barracuda-driver

Country Flag: United States
      Just curious, have you replaced the ignition module right next to the coil? Maybe it was replaced when the coil was, just tossing ideas out there.
      2018 Cruze LT Hatchback
      2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
      1975 MGB Roadster
      2003 GSX750F Katana

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com