Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: United States
      well i got all my other stuff done to car and adjusted carb cause it was to rich..took it out for highway cruise and it wont shift into OD..so now that i messed with it all day yesterday i work the next 3 12 hour days i wont get time to mess with it before fri..so prolly be spectating or trailering it and working on it there..oh the fun !!!

Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

I will be there with my 99 Vette, just having some fun. I need to at a minimum put some new brake pads on it. It was kind of a last minute decision, so I probably don't have time to get any good pads. I've read good things about the Hawk HP Plus for the C5, but due to the time, I will probably just pick up some stock Z06 pads. I will measure my rotors and maybe replace them too.

If anyone wants to say that their old musclecar went around Gingerman faster than a C5, this is your opportunity, cuz I'm a newbie and will probably be slow as mud!!!!!!!! I will have fun anyway.

See you all there - B
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban
      1967 Chevy II - Project not yet started

I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
      Wiedo's

Brandon...You have the right idea. We all got our feet wet at some time. I see it now. You will have so much fun on the track that your lifetime of projects will have a change of direction.

Well guys, I'm on the road within the hour. Should make lower Ohio today. Look forward to another good time in Michigan. My basic route is I-40, I-77, I-80 etc. See ya'll soon. cell 252-659-0509
      Mike

Motor State would probably have the Hawk pads and I will have the tools to change them if you want to do them at the motel or track. Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

Jared,
      Beautiful car! You can autocross. You can run your R1's, but you will mot be eligible for the main trophy.

As for the road course, your car only has lap belts, right? I want everyone to run, but convertibles present special challenges. Concerns are not just roll over protection. Limbs are more likely to get caught outside of the vehicle in accidents. And 2 point restraints (lap belts) can be pretty dangerous in frontal collisions.

For anyone who wants to track a convertible, roll bars have many benefits. In addition to providing roll over protection, a roll bar gives you a place to mount multi-point belts. Added chassis rigidity is a nice plus.

I would consider a custom bolt-in 4 point roll bar as a future upgrade. Track days are too much fun to miss. I hope you will come out to Gingerman anyway and take rides in some other cars.

Beautiful car

Quote Originally Posted by wiedemab View Post
      I will be there with my 99 Vette, just having some fun. I need to at a minimum put some new brake pads on it. It was kind of a last minute decision, so I probably don't have time to get any good pads. I've read good things about the Hawk HP Plus for the C5, but due to the time, I will probably just pick up some stock Z06 pads. I will measure my rotors and maybe replace them too.

If anyone wants to say that their old musclecar went around Gingerman faster than a C5, this is your opportunity, cuz I'm a newbie and will probably be slow as mud!!!!!!!! I will have fun anyway.

See you all there - B
      Brandon,

Unfortunately this event, I'll have to bow out of the 80's tribute party crash. This weekend I have to be able to do more than stumble around the paddock drunk.

See ya soon,
      Matt
      Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

I was there for Friday and Saturday last year, so i know how much fun this is going to be (and my 72 monte never hit the gingerman track, but I still had a gas).
      This year I signed up for everything right after registration opened. I was hoping to be able to do the "touring" on Saturday, but with lap belts only it doesn't look like that's happening.

If everything else on my car is up to snuff, can I autocross on Sunday?
      Thanks
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Dan
      1971 Chevelle Maliboo Convertible 496/4L80E
      1956 210 2 door Sedan 8-71 blown 468/T400

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Tie 67 View Post
      Brandon,

Unfortunately this event, I'll have to bow out of the 80's tribute party crash. This weekend I have to be able to do more than stumble around the paddock drunk.

See ya soon,
      Matt
      Yep, none of that for me either!!!!!
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban

Wiedo's

Just thought I'd check to see if anyone wanted to split the cost of a room.

Due to my procrastination, the hotel (Surfari or whatever it's called) is out of rooms.

I will be flying solo this weekend so I'm just looking for a place to crash at night - - I feel like I'm taking out a personal ad.........................

Non-smoker in my 30's...wait, just kidding.

Worst case, I'll just grab a room at another hotel.
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban

Wiedo's

Quote Originally Posted by Zanie View Post
      I was there for Friday and Saturday last year, so i know how much fun this is going to be (and my 72 monte never hit the gingerman track, but I still had a gas).
      This year I signed up for everything right after registration opened. I was hoping to be able to do the "touring" on Saturday, but with lap belts only it doesn't look like that's happening.

If everything else on my car is up to snuff, can I autocross on Sunday?
      Thanks
      Yes, you can autocross on Sunday. Absolutely. I feel like crap for not making a road course plan for convertibles.

Wish me luck! I'm getting ready to walk out the door and head for Michigan - but this time, I'm driving the Chevelle!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com