Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      Crawled out of the bed and got registered for MSC. Still "recovering" from the flu. Should have spent the last two days lapping VIR, but no. Had to catch the flu and miss one of the best driving schools available this spring.
      Mike
      I am looking forward to seeing you and your son there.

30 people so far and a lot of names that aren't on the list that were there last year.

I can hardly wait and hope to have more fun than last year.

May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nilsen View Post
      I am looking forward to seeing you and your son there.

30 people so far and a lot of names that aren't on the list that were there last year.

I can hardly wait and hope to have more fun than last year.
      Thanks Jim, Look forward to seeing you as well. Haven't gotten a firm commitment out of Michael yet. It may be the wife instead.
      Mike

Tires

OK, blame me guys, I am the one who convinced Scott, and other event promoters to go to 200 Treadwear.
      I know, I know, not everyone will be happy with this decision, BUT, there was alot of thought that went into the decision. MAINLY this one thing, just so everyone knows. WE are building STREET cars we can race, not race cars with tags. Not many people I know buy 100 Treadwear or less tires for their other street cars and most prefer 300 or better when buying tires. I do know that if you make one trip across country, you will be buying new tires if you ran 100Treadwear. Therefore, in the spirit of what we art trying to do here, with different events, etc, that proving we have streetcars we feel comfortable racing, plus the fact I don't like the idea of putting a novice on race tires and see them get over their head quickly on a track, I incouraged everyone to go with 200 Treadwear. I know several of you race your cars regularly and yes, this will make the tires the weak point of your setup, however, we have to remember sometimes we have people that are there for their first time. A side reason for 200 is to keep us from having to have more than one set of tires on our cars. Most can not afford TWO or THREE sets of wheels and tires just to be competitive.
      SO, like I said, blame me, but I think in the long run, for the majority of participants and for the good of the hobby 200 is a number fair to all concerned.
      I hope this helps everyone understand where we are at at this point with tires and why the decision was made.
      Last edited by Bill Howell; 03-09-2010 at 06:44 PM.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Hey Bill I'm one of those guys buying tires as a result of the new rule but heck you had the vision to start these types of events (Run through the Hills being the longest running event of this kind) so I trust your judgment and wisdom in guiding these changes in what we do as balance and informed....

While there will be some grumblings with change, we're all lucky to have someone that does not have an agenda stepping back and reflecting on what is best for the group at large.... Not many people will separate themselves from emotion and look at things logically in a balanced way consuming endless hours of their own private time...... Should that not be enough,,,, have the fortitude to announce (what could be a less than popular tire change) and take ownership of it..... This my friends is the mark of a true leader and a strong contributing part of the reason we have such a great growing group of events happening.... Thanks for your endless efforts my friend they are appreciated.
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      OK, blame me guys, I am the one who convinced Scott, and other event promoters to go to 200 Treadwear.
      I know, I know, not everyone will be happy with this decision, BUT, there was alot of thought that went into the decision. MAINLY this one thing, just so everyone knows. WE are building STREET cars we can race, not race cars with tags. Not many people I know buy 100 Treadwear or less tires for their other street cars and most prefer 300 or better when buying tires. I do know that if you make one trip across country, you will be buying new tires if you ran 100Treadwear. Therefore, in the spirit of what we art trying to do here, with different events, etc, that proving we have streetcars we feel comfortable racing, plus the fact I don't like the idea of putting a novice on race tires and see them get over their head quickly on a track, I incouraged everyone to go with 200 Treadwear. I know several of you race your cars regularly and yes, this will make the tires the weak point of your setup, however, we have to remember sometimes we have people that are there for their first time. A side reason for 200 is to keep us from having to have more than one set of tires on our cars. Most can not afford TWO or THREE sets of wheels and tires just to be competitive.
      SO, like I said, blame me, but I think in the long run, for the majority of participants and for the good of the hobby 200 is a number fair to all concerned.
      I hope this helps everyone understand where we are at at this point with tires and why the decision was made.
      Hey, Bill can I be the first to say wtf? Just giving you some crap from up north. I hate the way my car looks with the other set of rims, and this decision will keep my R compound around a little longer for my local events. Hopefully my KDW's will take the abuse well. I really do appreciate all the time and effort you put forward to make these events possible. Kudos, so what are you bringing to Gingerman?
      Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

Thanks Matt. I will be there with the Charger this year. I am already registered and ready to go. The charger is pretty much sorted out now and I look forward to making the rounds at Gingerman.
      I understand all the arguements about R compounds, etc and you are right, they will still be good for track days, etc. However, in the spirit of Street Cars, I think for the protouring events, this evens the playing field, and certainly lets people drive their cars to events, and race on the same tires.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Spots are still open. Don't forget to sign up soon as you might miss out.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

R-compounds

Hi guys, I'm new here and would really like to join you guys at Gingerman. I've been doing HPDE for many years and have instructed for the past several. Most of them at Gingerman.

Question: Could I run with you guys in the higher skill level class on my Hoosiers if I accepted the disqualification from prizes or trophies? I just really want to enjoy a track day with some new really nicely done cars other than those I normally run with. I'd even be happy to ride shotgun with anyone needing a little "help".

My car is tagged and very much street worthy but I just don't drive it on the street anymore and therefore don't have anything other than R's. Guess I could run my rain tires if that helps but they still fall outside the tread wear requirements for competition.

Thanks, Mike
      Last edited by mjschneidy; 03-16-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: crappy spelling...

Hi Mike, I think they will let you run. Just wondering what the car is? Hope to see you their Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

Just signed up, hope most of the bugs are out of this thing by then. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

Alright Ron, almost thought you zigged instead of zagged on that last turn LOL.... How you been man??? drop me a line when you get a chance...
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by ProBell View Post
      Hi Mike, I think they will let you run. Just wondering what the car is? Hope to see you their Randy
      Hey Randy -- I'll sign up and hope for the best since I haven't had any feedback that I couldn't run for fun. I created a PT Garage with car info and a few on track pictures. More build pictures later. Link is in my signature.
      Thanks, Mike
      82 Mustang GT road racer
      PT Garage https://www.pro-touring.com/dto_show...preview&g=1102

I'm in!! Can't wait!! So what's the deal with tire's ? We running R compound?
      Vinnie Allegretta
      A Winner Never Quits...A Quitter Never Wins
      www.fquick.com/vinz68

Quote Originally Posted by Vinz68 View Post
      I'm in!! Can't wait!! So what's the deal with tire's ? We running R compound?
      It's 10:26 AM on Thursday April 1st:
      I just spoke with Bill Howell and Scott Wahlstrom from Motor State: the sub 200 event exclusion does NOT apply to El Toro, Run Thru the Hills or Motor State Challenge. You are welcome to show up and run with sub 200 treadwear tires at the above listed events.I can't speak for other events.

The 200 treadwear policy applies ONLY to the silly trophies. You WILL be allowed to run your car with sub-200 TW tires. You will not be eligible for a trophy with sub 200 tires.

I hope I have made that clear.

El Toro, Motor State and Run Thru the Hills Sub 200 Treadwear:
      Participation YES Trophy NO.

Motor State Challenge

Hello Everyone,
      I just wanted to follow up to Steve's post earlier this morning. No one will be turned away from participating at the Motor State Challenge because of the tire they run or the year of their car. We do have some rules in place that make some cars ineligible for the awards and prizes but we want everyone to feel welcome to show up and participate. In the spirit of "Pro-Touring" the competition is built around older muscle cars with a 200+ tire but if you want to run your new Camaro, Vette, Mustang, Challenger....etc we're completely fine with that. We're also fine with you bringing your older car and running on sub 200 tires just know that these types of entries are not eligible for the overall competition. The tire rule seems to be the hot button and the 200+ rule was not intended to limit anyones participation but mearly establish what was considered a legitimate "street" tire for the competition.
      Bottom line for the Motor State Challenge - no one will be turned away from participating unless of course we have a safety issue.
      We're looking forward to seeing everyone in June.

Scott
      Scott Wahlstrom
      Marketing Manager
      Motor State Distributing
      Lane Automotive
      Allstar Performance

I see big smiles and some really hot laps coming from this new rule
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Done!! Now If I can get TY to sign up the freedombird also!!!

Larry? Scott? How many spots are left for the event??? Hotel rooms still available?

I am still procrastinating!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Scotty, don't miss two years in a row.

I'm all registered and have hotel reservations. I'm hoping to have all the "refinements" done to the '74 Z28 by then, but will run my 2002 HRE Berger Camaro again if the '74 isn't "track" ready. It's been "street" ready since last summer, but still needs some adjustments and refinements before it's "track" ready.

Im in! Just registered. Looking forward to checking out some nice 1st Gen iron.
      Thanks, Mike
      82 Mustang GT road racer
      PT Garage https://www.pro-touring.com/dto_show...preview&g=1102

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com