Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

new guy in Charlotte, NC

hey all, some of you know me by the same screen name over on NastyZ28.

i bought a 79 Camaro in Jan. 2008 with the intention of dropping a 350 in it to replace the tired 305, and get a muncie 4 speed to replace the old saginaw. that's where i was going to stop, as i was a senior in HS and didnt have the funds to do much else. shortly after i bought it i found a GOLD MINE...otherwise known as the NastyZ28 message boards. after countless days of reading threads i learned of more and more things i can do to make my car better than it was originally. after heeding the words of my dad, i decided to wait until the summer to start working on it, as it was just completely unsafe to drive at the time. Well...as EVERY single one of you know...you cant just do one thing without getting into something else.

So now...i am a 20 year old college student living at home doing a frame off restoration and building my dream car. let me tell you...i have learned through this car just how much things work in the real world...just when you think you have enough money to work on the car, there are more necessities you have to buy.

well here are some pics...but first heres my progress thread on NastyZ (i dont feel like linking them all here as well, and im sure the mods will like me not using up bandwidth too, haha)

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139000

day after i got it...

September 2009, i needed a quarter panel for the car and made a trip out to Marshville to cut it out of a car i saw on CL...get down there and the guy has the whole car for sale. i asked how much and he said to make an offer...i only had 300 cash on me. i offered him that and he said i just cant go that low...so luckily i had some more at home and offered him 500...he bit, and now i have it and any 2nd gen parts for it that i need. he worked less than 3 miles from me here in Charlotte, and delivered it to my house for free.

here is that car, my current project (first one is a sheet metal parts car now)

its current state...

i joined this site because i knew little about what the term "pro-touring" meant...well now i know its what my car will be.

i will have specs of what i will do to it later but enjoy for now. now that i have a good direction for the car (and some good old motivation) i will begin work at a feverish pace!
      Travis

'79 Camaro Z28...Vortec 383, Hotchkis TVS, Muncie 4 Speed

in the works as of now...tryin to get it on the road this summer!

here is a pic showing what i am aiming at as far as looks go...silver with 17" wheels and lowered via the TVS kit.

Travis

'79 Camaro Z28...Vortec 383, Hotchkis TVS, Muncie 4 Speed

in the works as of now...tryin to get it on the road this summer!

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome! asheboro NC here!

Welcome to the forum! I am about 70 miles east of you. Keep us posted.
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

Country Flag: Iceland

welcome aboard! good luck with the project
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

welcom. i'm moving to charlotte area next week

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com