Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Not exactly planned, but....

I had to make a last minute decision before starting body work and paint, and since I didn't ever truely like how the rust was repaired by the last owner, I thought it was best to start fresh.

So I ordered a couple 80% quarters and a tail panel and dove in!! It took quite a bit of 'massaging' to get the repop metal to work, but in the end I'm happy with how it all turned out! Yes it's a lot of work to replace metal...but well worth it in my book!!

Also, this allowed me to spray the hard to get to areas with Zero Rust before I installed the new pannels. I ordered '67 quarters as I wanted to shave the marker lights anyways. I also bought new '67 not '68 front fenders for the same reason...no patch panels!!

From here I reinstall the front clip and do whatever it takes to get all the new front sheet metal to work, do final pre-assembly of all the systems, and then break it down for paint!!!!!!!
      Tony

Amazing Anthony. I can't wait to see it as a roller. Thanks for the update. I hope to be able to go up there to check it out when it's ready.
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

I think it is a great move, it is much easier to do things the right way the first time around, even if it does mean more time/money.

Thanks guys for the kind words!

Allen, you should plan a trip up here this summer!!
      Tony

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com