Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Relay box

Those terminals are not 280s. The smaller fuses in my panel are ATM (mini fuses) and use 280 terminals. The bussbars are on 16.2mm centers.

The ISO 280 relays are all 30 amp and the external relays are 60 amp with 120 amp surge ratings.

Edit: Let me check my box of parts when I get home. I may have the part you are looking for.

First, The terminals you have are not the AF terminals in the catalog. I do have one, but it is a cheap Chinese knock off. Painless Performance uses the genuine Delphi parts in their CirKit Boss 3 and 7 circuit panels. At least they do in the one I have.

perhaps I should contact painless and see if that have what I need. If I dont have the AF terminals pictured, then what is it I have?

I'm not sure what they are. I can't find a tech sheet on them. They are a buss bar terminal and the AF terminals are not a buss bar.

after some leg work, found this place has them. like to see if I can find teh OE part # and save some coin.

link (4 bar)
      http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...oducts_id/1052

one way
      http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...oducts_id/1055

OMFG. That price is aweful.

Now that I know the family of terminals, I was able to look them up in the Delphi search engine and get the part numbers. Mouser does carry them. Filter for delphi then filter for I, III, pack-con, etc. You will find them.

PCS Connectors also has them at half the price, but still a rip off.

The data sheet will show them as singles, but they come on a real so they should be connected. Before ordering make sure they are not sending singles. Also make sure you get the buss bar style. They are different.

Here is a link to the datasheet. It has the buss bar and non-buss bar listed as well as part numbers.
      http://connectors2.delphi.com/dcsgdm...01_S01.tif.pdf

TnBlkC230WZ - BIG THANKS. Thanks for helping me through this. Saved me a good bit of head scratching, fustration and coin. wound up using a combination of mouser, delphi and waytek catalogs to locate all the goodies. Seems there was some cross referencing #'s as some of the old #'s are obsolete. Purchased all through Mouser. Since I was greatly helped, I have decided to post my findings/ research in case it may help some else out in the future.

Terminals & Delphi #'s for the 93-97 f-body fuse/ relay box are as follows:
      Pak-con III (fuses)
      10-12 AWG 12020400 (single)
      12020337 (reel)
      14-16 AWG 12020321 (single)
      12020338 (reel)
      16-18 AWG 12020334

Metri pack 630 special (relays)
      16-18 AWG 12015864
      14-16 AWG 12015865
      12 AWG 12052227

I ordered reel where desired and singles elsewhere. I guess we'll see in a few days if I did my homework correctly. thanks for the help again. you the man!!!!!!.

Glad I was able to help. One last thought. I stopped ordering terminals for 18 gauge wire and just use the next larger size provided you are using GXL wire. For TXL wire, stay with the correct terminals. Makes it easier to deal with two sizes. If you order the reel, you can cut them for the singles.

Back from the grave, Need a smilie digging up a grave.

I pickied up the under hood power center from a 95ish Caddy. It is like 4 different panels mounted on one bigger piece that bolts to the inner fender. I also picked up the relay box out of a 95 F body.

how can you tell which terminals I need? I havent tried to take them apart yet, but I want all new terminals so I can rewire with the gauge wire I want. I have the delphi cat downloaded and looking through it but wow there are a lot of different styles.

Country Flag: United States
      When using a relay/fuse box out of a factory car, like the 93 Camaro I found, is it better to run new wiring for each fuse/relay or just trace all the existing wires to the proper fuse/relay and use them ???
      67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

I guess there are a lot of ways to do this, which is basically to build a power control unit (PCU) from scratch. When I was rewiring an 1988 M3 a while back I built a PCU which mounted on the transmission tunnel between the seats and contained all fuses, relays, circuit breakers and switches to controll all DC power for the car. I built it in the style of a mid to late 90's European racecar. Some pics here:

I recall the Mil Spec relays in 12v style (vs. 24V) were very hard to source and very expensive, but very cool.

I'm doing sort of a similar thing on my 56 F100 now, though not as fancy.

If I had $3500 to spare I'd save myself a lot of trouble and get a MoTeC PDU from Apex Speed Technology:

Gustave

Wow! Is that the wiring for the flux capacitor-which makes time-travel possible? lol

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
      Back from the grave, Need a smilie digging up a grave.

I pickied up the under hood power center from a 95ish Caddy. It is like 4 different panels mounted on one bigger piece that bolts to the inner fender. I also picked up the relay box out of a 95 F body.

how can you tell which terminals I need? I havent tried to take them apart yet, but I want all new terminals so I can rewire with the gauge wire I want. I have the delphi cat downloaded and looking through it but wow there are a lot of different styles.
      The number of terminal styles is bewildering. It is really hard to tell what you have unless you have the part number for the panel. Then you can look it up on the Delphi search tool to the datasheet and get all the part numbers for the connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr G View Post
      I guess there are a lot of ways to do this, which is basically to build a power control unit (PCU) from scratch. When I was rewiring an 1988 M3 a while back I built a PCU which mounted on the transmission tunnel between the seats and contained all fuses, relays, circuit breakers and switches to controll all DC power for the car. I built it in the style of a mid to late 90's European racecar. Some pics here:

I recall the Mil Spec relays in 12v style (vs. 24V) were very hard to source and very expensive, but very cool.

I'm doing sort of a similar thing on my 56 F100 now, though not as fancy.

If I had $3500 to spare I'd save myself a lot of trouble and get a MoTeC PDU from Apex Speed Technology:

Gustave
      Very cool! Nice work.

That's some money in connectors alone. Wish I could find a more affordable mil spec connector that wasn't plastic.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by TnBlkC230WZ View Post
      The number of terminal styles is bewildering. It is really hard to tell what you have unless you have the part number for the panel. Then you can look it up on the Delphi search tool to the datasheet and get all the part numbers for the connectors.
      Is the part number on the panel? All the ones look like the modular style the Delphi has.

I went back to the yard and found something even better. Out of a mid 90's, wanna say 95 Le sabre. Mounted in the middle top of the fire wall. IIRC 16 maxifuses and 8 relays mounted underneath.

Dr G.

That is some nice work. I am going to do my wire harness from scratch but nothing like that. Any more pix of it?

Here are a few more pics.

This shows the bottom side of the aircraft relay sockets. These use mil-spec wire sockets just like mil-spec connectors except that the pins are on the bottom of the relays. My records show I got Leach brand, and for these the part number was SO-1063-9033/9034.

I configured the PCU so that the relays sat above the cover, for easy replacement if needed. Also for cooling as they got fairly hot when energized.

Here is a pic of the various circuit breakers, switches and relays I used. Circuit breakers were ETA and Klixon.

This is a cheat sheet I made to remind me what was what below the switch/breaker panel once everthing was covered:

This is the mil spec bus bar I bought, and cut in two to use as two (actually three) seperate bus bars. You can buy these from Chief Aircraft.

I'll scratch around to see what other pictures I have stored.

Gustave

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
      Dr G.

That is some nice work. I am going to do my wire harness from scratch but nothing like that. Any more pix of it?
      Here are some additional pics of the M3 harness I built. In no particular order.

Note that although this was a 4-cylinder 4-valve engine, it did have coil on plug and full sequential injection, requiring both a cam sensor and crank sensor, as well as throttle, MAP and Lambda.

Gustave

thanks for the pics. Highly impressive. Do you make a schematic on paper first? Is this just the engine harness or for the whole car?

Quote Originally Posted by Takid455 View Post
      TnBlkC230WZ - BIG THANKS. Thanks for helping me through this. Saved me a good bit of head scratching, fustration and coin. wound up using a combination of mouser, delphi and waytek catalogs to locate all the goodies. Seems there was some cross referencing #'s as some of the old #'s are obsolete. Purchased all through Mouser. Since I was greatly helped, I have decided to post my findings/ research in case it may help some else out in the future.

Terminals & Delphi #'s for the 93-97 f-body fuse/ relay box are as follows:
      Pak-con III (fuses)
      10-12 AWG 12020400 (single)
      12020337 (reel)
      14-16 AWG 12020321 (single)
      12020338 (reel)
      16-18 AWG 12020334

Metri pack 630 special (relays)
      16-18 AWG 12015864
      14-16 AWG 12015865
      12 AWG 12052227

I ordered reel where desired and singles elsewhere. I guess we'll see in a few days if I did my homework correctly. thanks for the help again. you the man!!!!!!.
      Thanks. I have some of the same fuse/relay panels and this will help I know a long time ago, but did you get everything to work right?

Quote Originally Posted by TnBlkC230WZ View Post
      Glad I was able to help. One last thought. I stopped ordering terminals for 18 gauge wire and just use the next larger size provided you are using GXL wire. For TXL wire, stay with the correct terminals. Makes it easier to deal with two sizes. If you order the reel, you can cut them for the singles.
      Good idea on not needing a 18ga specific terminal. I have the before mentioned Fbody relay panel and also a panel with various panels on it from a 95ish caddy as well. It seems to use the 280 series of connectors as well. Takes a while to find out anything about these things. CAnt find any identifying marks/numbers on any of the panels I have. Makes it that much harder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com