Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

HELP with intercooler 1st gen camaro

I have a 67 rs camaro and I just bought a D1-SC procharger with the 3core intercooler. Its going on a 350 small block, I will eventually stroke to a 383. I was wondering if any of you guys had a similar setup, and where did you guys run the piping for the intercooler. Ive seen some pictures but none that show where the piping was run Thanks a lot!

Country Flag: United States
      Just an idea for ya...besides your intercooler, try running a liquid methonal injection on it. I like to utilize the PCV gasses through a methonal "bubbler" to scrub off excess blow-by and pass the methonal mist into the intake tract via manifold vacuum. You can also use a small amount of exhaust gas to do it too-it's a great way to drastically cool the incoming air charge while building power AND reducing emissions. I use hardware made just for this purpose but if you want, pm me for build details. I been experimenting with various forms of water injection as well as methanol and there are big benefits to gain from both if properly applied. Steadfast experiments with electrolysis and water have given me the ability to do some pretty cool stuff...drop me a line about it-you'll be surprised!
      "...if at first you don't succeed, try again.
      If you still don't succeed, then quit-no sense being a damn fool about it..."
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

This is my old setup which is currently being sold to fund the new combo. I put the 3 core race Procharger intercooler where the radiator was and located the radiator behind it.

I then modified the radiator cover to hold them both. (Deeper Air/Con style cover). You can then run the intercooler pipes without cutting up the radiator core support. This gives you the option of returning the car to stock should you so wish.

It also allows the use of off the shelf aluminium tubing in 3", 3.5" or 4" with standard silicone couplers and t bolt clamps. Much easier than welding and then polishing.

There were no over heating issues and this was with a Procharger F1C set to kill on a 3.55" pulley. (Estimated over 1000hp at the crank). You should be fine with the D1SC at between 700 - 900 hp.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com