Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

BBC and Edelbrock Quadrajet carb

I have a Edelbrock Quadrajet carb that a friend gave thats brand new, it is a 1904 model 795 cfm. Does anyone know anything about these and do I need to tune it or just run it as is? I have a Pat Musi 402 BBC 480 hp 480 torque., in a 69 Camaro 5 speed TKO 600 12 bolt 3.73 rear.
      -Greg-

Last edited by Gregster; 02-08-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: car not listed

Quote Originally Posted by Gregster View Post
      I have a Edelbrock Quadrajet carb that a friend gave thats brand new, it is a 1904 model 795 cfm. Does anyone know anything about these and do I need to tune it or just run it as is? I have a Pat Musi 402 BBC 480 hp 480 torque., in a 69 Camaro 5 speed TKO 600 12 bolt 3.73 rear.
      -Greg-
      call Edelbrock to be sure, they have a great tech line and if it is not correct you can send it to them with the return authorization number they will give you and it will get turned around pretty fast unless things have changed in the last 10 years.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Greg,
      Can you post a pick as the number you posted look to be an Edelbrock copy of a Carter and the Edelbrock Qjet is completely different.

If it is in fact the Qjet then they have out of production with Edelbrock for awhile and usally from the ones I've worked on need quite a few mods to work properly.
      Jeff

Hi Jeff, Attached are some pics and it is a 1904 Edelbrock as you can see on the plate on the side, if you have any info I would really appreciate it.
      -Greg-

I forgot to add that Edelbrock will flow bench the carb and have it tuned as close as you can get it out of a box.

Have you called them yet!
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Greg,
      Good pics.

Have you taken it apart to see what size jets & rods are in it?

I have specs on the the 1910 performer RPM model

Also, what have you done to tune it to your combo?
      Jeff

Actually nothing other than put it on. I haven't driven it yet because I am pulling the trans back out to put a different clutch fork in.

I see,
      God idea to break it down and see what size jets & rods are in there....keep us posted!

If it hasn't been changed from the factory you should find it had .050 rods and .073 jets.
      67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

Is this a good start or do you think it needs to be changed. Or how can I tell if it needs to be?

Edelbrock did not stick with one calabration on those units so it's best to break it down and measure every aspect.

At the time they had quality issues and those carb didn't sell so in the end they dropped them.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com