Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

looks like GGs Colorado is having an autocross

For the latest Goodguys gazette they will be having an autocross at the Goodguys show in Colorado, June 4,5,&6

Maybe I'll have my wagon done enough to go out an play.

Tim
      1971 Buick Sportwagon pro-touring project.
      1985 Ford Crown Victoria 2 door next project.

I'll be there to spectate. Anyone on this board running it? Any of the name cars that are at the bigger events? I know from the past our little Colorado GGs show isn't always supported that well by the vendors unfortunately! I'm glad to see the auto X gaining popularity with each event. ridetech---will you have your cars there? DSE? TCI? Speedtech?

Thanks for posting the event!
      Wes

I just checked our show schedule and it appears that Goodguys has two shows the same weekend. I never noticed that before but we will be at the Pleasanton GG show working with Zig's and Hot Rod Bill's that weekend.

-J

"I'll even go so far and say I've never driven a better handling first-gen Camaro ever." Mary Pozzi talking about the Total Cost Involved '68 Camaro at the '09 Super Chevy Handling Challenge

So still no "name" vendors or cars running the autocross at Colorado Good Guys? Come on, not everything has to revolve around every California event every time.....

We need some inspiration and reasons to purchase suspensions!!

Hard to be in two places at once ...

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

I understand. I was just giving everyone a hardtime.

Originally I was going to go to the Faceoff in the Flatlands event but when that moved it wasn't feasible anymore. I was just hoping there would be a bit more vendor support and to see some pros like yourself! Good luck at the Cali Good Guys.

We do have a great new roadcoarse track "High Plains Raceway" if anyone is planning a new event....

Thanks-

Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      Hard to be in two places at once ...

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      Does not seem too smart on their part to have it on the same weekend as one of the largest GG on the west coast........
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

I know what you mean and may have been tempted to do both if they were a week apart. Colorado's a very pretty state and not that far away.

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Quote Originally Posted by MoparCar View Post
      I understand. I was just giving everyone a hardtime.

Originally I was going to go to the Faceoff in the Flatlands event but when that moved it wasn't feasible anymore. I was just hoping there would be a bit more vendor support and to see some pros like yourself! Good luck at the Cali Good Guys.

We do have a great new roadcoarse track "High Plains Raceway" if anyone is planning a new event....

Thanks-

I'll have to check out the new raceway the next time I am out there. I have family in Parker so this would be a good excuse for me to go.

-J

"I'll even go so far and say I've never driven a better handling first-gen Camaro ever." Mary Pozzi talking about the Total Cost Involved '68 Camaro at the '09 Super Chevy Handling Challenge

Jason,
      Here's the link to High Plains Raceway. I've only been a spectator but it seems like a nice layout with great elevation change.

Wes

http://highplainsraceway.com/index.html

We will be on the Hotrod Power Tour that week. Maybe next year!
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by MoparCar View Post
      Jason,
      Here's the link to High Plains Raceway. I've only been a spectator but it seems like a nice layout with great elevation change.

Wes

http://highplainsraceway.com/index.html
      I checked it out to see how far away it was from Parker. 60 miles isn't bad at all. The drive to Loveland is another story though since you have to drive through the mouse trap. The last time I went through there the freeway was under construction and it was a huge mess.

It looks like a very nice facility and track layout. I'd hate to assume anything right now but by this time next year we will have a couple more cars drivable and testing.

I have been trying to make the Pueblo NSRA show for the past two years. I have a dealer out of New Mexico that comes up and works that one for us and I'd love to join him for a fun filled weekend.

-J

You can avoid the "Mousetrap" and most all of the Denver metro area by taking the E470 bypass around town to the east. It is a toll road, but in my opinion well worth the expense most days.
      Adam Moyer
      '69 Cutlass "S"

Quote Originally Posted by ammoyer View Post
      You can avoid the "Mousetrap" and most all of the Denver metro area by taking the E470 bypass around town to the east. It is a toll road, but in my opinion well worth the expense most days.

I think I've been on it before traveling from DIA. Good to know I can avoid downtown with it.

-J

Quote Originally Posted by TCI Engineering View Post
      I think I've been on it before traveling from DIA. Good to know I can avoid downtown with it.

-J
      IIRC, you need a speed pass to use the 470. There used to be cash stations, but they were gone last time I was there (end of March).
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

They took down the tolls and now just take pictures of the plates and send you a bill if you don't have the transponder pass. I still don't know what they do for rental cars. Maybe it gets billed to your rental? Not sure. No pass needed. We have one for the occasional use of the bypass. Honestly we only use the toll bypass when we go to the airport, otherwise it would cost about $12 from the very top of Denver where we live (Erie & I-25) and where it connects at the south end of Denver near Parker. It swings you WAY out east by the way-almost too far.

Wes

Here's a few pictures of the Auto X. Tight track and of course (gotta rub it in again-kidding guys) no big names OR vendor/sponsors there because of the California event. Not even in the vendor display area to see the goods.

The Orange Chevy Wagon was doing great and then smacked the barrier. I'm not sure who owns the car, it was very nice. The driver said the pads on his pedal came off, jammed up and that was history. Ouch.

Wes
      Attached Images Attached Images              

Damn, that is a gorgeous car too. At least it will be a semi easy fix.

I think he was from Utah and possibly owned a custom shop. I hope so. I'd hate to see anyone not want to run the course after that. It's only paint and metal right???

Easily said....hard to follow. Props to the guy. He had a Great attitude afterwords!

Wes

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com