Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

Anvil carbon fiber radiator closeout panel for 1st gen Camaro

Here it is guys, the carbon fiber closeout panel for the 67-69 Camaro. We got these in on Friday afternoon, and I just installed the first production one on my 68 Camaro last night.

Here are some detail shots, as well as an install.

The close out panel in satin finish:

Detail shots of the contours; it actually transitions from concave to convex:

Latch detail:

Installation is pretty easy too. First remove the fender braces from the core support, remove the hood rubber bump stops, and any other parts bolted to the top rail of the radiator support (hood pins):

From there just slip in under the header panel on one side, and under the lip on the fender:

Then lay it down to the other side and lightly flex the panel to get it to slide under the lip on the other fender:

When installed correctly, it will be under the header panel and under each lip on the front of the fenders:

For those who have modern day PT stuff like electric fans and alternators you are done. Just re-install the fender braces, hood pins or bump stops and you are good to go.
      If you are old school like me, you will need to cut the panel to clear the fan shroud bracket, and the voltage regulator; 2 minutes with a silver sharpie and dremel tool took care of my need clearances:

Completed panel:

I'm sure it would look even better if I had a smooth firewall, our new CF inner fenders, and the LSX engine in there, but for now it gets the job done.

We have these in stock for $349 plus shipping in Satin and Glossy carbon fiber finishes.

Tyler

Holy Crap thats cool!
      David
      1968 Camaro in many pieces

Looks like an excellent piece, are there any plans for 1st gen firebird parts like this?

How about 70-72 Chevelles?

Nice piece, why keep the holes next to supports?

Quote Originally Posted by silver69 View Post
      Nice piece, why keep the holes next to supports?
      We include small plugs that help secure the panel to the core support; I didn't have access to the plugs at the time of the picture.

Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by ChevelleNV View Post
      How about 70-72 Chevelles?
      Yeah! What about the A body stuff? I saw you poll at Team Chevelle and was wondering what you had in store for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Welch View Post
      Looks like an excellent piece, are there any plans for 1st gen firebird parts like this?
      No answer, so I guess not. Funny, I thought there were quite a few Birds around here....
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

We don't have access to any 1st gen Firebirds or Trans Ams so making parts for them is an uphill battle. If you know of anyone in the Los Angeles area and they are willing to let us use OEM good fitting sheetmetal as a basis for our molds we would be happy to begin manufacturing items for that platform. Same goers for 66/67 Chevelle and 67/68 Mustang. It's hard to find owners willing to let us use the car for testing.

Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by TitoJones View Post
      We don't have access to any 1st gen Firebirds or Trans Ams so making parts for them is an uphill battle. If you know of anyone in the Los Angeles area and they are willing to let us use OEM good fitting sheetmetal as a basis for our molds we would be happy to begin manufacturing items for that platform. Same goers for 66/67 Chevelle and 67/68 Mustang. It's hard to find owners willing to let us use the car for testing.

Tyler
      If I was in the LA area, I'd let you use my Chevelle all you wanted if that meant stuff available for the 64/65's! Hahaha. It'd be "YES" before you even asked.
      -Keith

Do you have one w/o the hole for the hood catch? I plan to run pins only. BTW Tyler, you have a PM from me in your inbox.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

True-

PM responded to, you can call to seal the deal at your convenience.

We only have it as shown in glossy or satin. We would have to make a new mold to eliminate the latch pocket.

Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
      Do you have one w/o the hole for the hood catch? I plan to run pins only. BTW Tyler, you have a PM from me in your inbox.

Not sure that's the best idea escpecially if you're going carbon fiber or fiberglass. I'd be concerned about high speed lift.
      Todd

Can the stock fender braces be used?
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      Can the stock fender braces be used?
      I used mine with a few washers underneath as spacers so as not to crush the carbon.

69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, QA'1's, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10

ordered mine a month ago just received e mail that it shipped out cant wait. do you have pic of inner fenderwells and a price
      David Badley

A body-

We have a 2" cowl hood and decklid coming for the 70-72. We will be looking into SS and cowl hood for the 66/7 next, then the remaining years. A closeout is a ways off as is the idea of a front and rear spoiler for the A body. I promise we won't forget about you guys.

Carl- I have no idea. We didn't have any when we made this and if anything the panel could be trimmed to make them work. Ours start at an economical $89.00 though...

Regarding 69 inner fenders:
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/show...ghlight=fender

Tyler

I want!

Thanks for the fast response!
      Do you have plans on making a factory cowl induction style hood for the 70-72's?

Looks great love the matte finish

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com