Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Can it be used with stock fender braces?

Will it improve air flow to offset radiators.....mine are not mounted in the stock location...

Country Flag: United States
      Very nice.... I will have to save up for that one.
      1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B (Jan 69) LOS Build

Just thought I'd let you know this is a great product. The item is flawless and very very light.....My 2nd Gen version arrived today...It will not work without the Anvil strut bars so I'm going to order those as well...

Let just hope if functions as a shroud to assist my radiators cooling....

Not yet fully installed but getting there. Should help my radiators a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Welch View Post
      Looks like an excellent piece, are there any plans for 1st gen firebird parts like this?
      No answer, so I guess not. Funny, I thought there were quite a few Birds around here....
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

We don't have access to any 1st gen Firebirds or Trans Ams so making parts for them is an uphill battle. If you know of anyone in the Los Angeles area and they are willing to let us use OEM good fitting sheetmetal as a basis for our molds we would be happy to begin manufacturing items for that platform. Same goers for 66/67 Chevelle and 67/68 Mustang. It's hard to find owners willing to let us use the car for testing.

Tyler

If my 67 bird was finished i would ship my car from the east coast to have a few carbon parts for it. im still in need of paint and dropping the motor in though...

Quote Originally Posted by TitoJones View Post
      We don't have access to any 1st gen Firebirds or Trans Ams so making parts for them is an uphill battle. If you know of anyone in the Los Angeles area and they are willing to let us use OEM good fitting sheetmetal as a basis for our molds we would be happy to begin manufacturing items for that platform. Same goers for 66/67 Chevelle and 67/68 Mustang. It's hard to find owners willing to let us use the car for testing.

Tyler
      If I was in the LA area, I'd let you use my Chevelle all you wanted if that meant stuff available for the 64/65's! Hahaha. It'd be "YES" before you even asked.
      -Keith

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      Can the stock fender braces be used?
      I used mine with a few washers underneath as spacers so as not to crush the carbon.

69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, QA'1's, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10

any chance of making that piece for a 68 dodge coronet ? its almost like the filler piece on a 68-70 charger , definetly looks cool and i want one
      1966 Buick GS 401 Nailhead POWER!!
      1968 Dodge Coronet R/T G-Machine

Anyone have one for sale? Been trying to get one form Anvil for awhile and keep getting the run around.. I nDecember it was 3 months.. now thee months later its June 2020..
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Quote Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
      Anyone have one for sale? Been trying to get one form Anvil for awhile and keep getting the run around.. I nDecember it was 3 months.. now thee months later its June 2020..
      I'm sure the Coronavirus is putting a damper on their production.

I received mine a couple months ago. Fit is pretty good but beware if using with an aftermarket hood latch. Everything lined up pretty good. Double checked everything before closing the hood and my worst nightmare came true, the latch got caught on the CF spring opening. Could not get the hood open. Had to unscrew the hood stops through a 1/2" gap about an 1/8 turn at a time to get them out completely. 3 hours later(since I have a show quality paint job) I was able to get the hood open and relieve the opening a bit. Also had to trim some off around the fender supports which I expected since all supports are different. Other than that, the quality and finish are outstanding. Worth every penny
      '68 Chevy Camaro Pro-tour ~ project DMENTD
      '57 Chevy 3100 Pro-tour pickup ~ under construction

It looks like it would not work well with the Fessler fender braces or would it?

Resized_20200218_101124 by F G, on Flickr

Resized_20200218_101108 by F G, on Flickr

yeah but you would have to notch it out to fit. I used a cut off wheel on a Dremel.
      '68 Chevy Camaro Pro-tour ~ project DMENTD
      '57 Chevy 3100 Pro-tour pickup ~ under construction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com