Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: Canada

64 Falcon "Sprint"

I have been popping in and out the last few years but have never put up any pictures of my car so I figured it was time. It is a 64 Falcon Sprint that I bought back in 04. It was from Oklahoma City originally but I acquired it from a fellow in Wisconsin who got it from some guy that owed him some money. I have looked for a lot of years for the right car at the right price and I think I did pretty good. The car had a restoration about 15 years ago and it is 'typical' work. The outside looks pretty good but the floor pans had a nice layer of tar, tin and rivets on it covered up by underspray. Real nice. It drove pretty nice but the 4 wheel drums sucked. The 4 speed was old and clunky but still fun to drive.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Not being very comfortable with the poor braking that was the first issue I tackled. I bought a kit from vintagevenom.com to bolt on latemodel 13" Cobra R brakes. I had some run out problems with the old spindles and Rob&Ron at vintage had excellent customer service to help me sort it out.

I had to add some 98 17x8 Cobra R wheels to clear the new brakes. I also added a CNC dual master cyl kit from Autoworks Int.
      The pedal had a very hard feel to it and I never did like it. I swapped out to smaller M/C and it was a little better and the travel was 'nice' so I left it there. I figured I would try and tune it more when I get rear discs done.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Country Flag: United States
      looks good!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

I drove it like this for awhile when I wanted to install my distributorless ignition. This is what started the kaos for the next two years. To bought a crank trigger kit for a 3 bolt balancer and the sensor mount was all fubar. Electromotive clearly had never installed one of these thats for sure. So I figured I will just get a new balancer with a dual pattern and install the 94/95 short timing cover setup I have. Well that led to a mess as well because that p/u mount did not fit properly either. The alternator also would hit the valve cover with the new setup. So I modified the p/u mount and made some new alternator brackets.

Of course then I had to change the radiator inlet/outlets to match the Stuart Components pump. I bought a radiator from Northern Rad for a latemodel Mustang. It was complete with shroud and dual fans.

Of course the opening was much wider so I had to remove about 6" of the grill opening.

I ended up making some changes to the front bracket to get more wrap on the front pulley. The reason I went to all this trouble is when I add the a/C and power steering life will be easier (I hope).
      See my build

Jason

While it was sitting there I figured "why not put some subframe connectors in". Hahahaha. This is when I found the awesome floor pan tar & tin restoration. So while putting in the subframe connectors I ended up making new floors.

I tied the subframes into the rocker panels with X-bracing.

I figured while I was doing all this fabricating it was the perfect time to install the T56 I bought for it the previous year. Well lucky me I went to take out the old 4 speed and found out I had a 5 bolt 289. I ended up using a spare 6 bolt 289 / T56 for mock-up. I read articles on how you can swap a T56 in with no cutting and there is no way you can do it and have any kind of proper drive line angles. So I cut some more floor out to make room.

See my build

Jason

Country Flag: Iceland

Like all things I do I figured "well I have to make a new transmission mount so lets smooth out the firewall and move the engine back 1" and lower it to get more room for the T56..

I also removed the CNC setup and put some Wilwood pedals and M/Cyl's.

That is pretty much where it is at now. I have been saving up to be rear tires for the back. I have 17x8's now but I want to use a 17x10.5 with a 315 tire.

I bought a Griggs racing torque arm setup for the rear suspension last fall as well.
      This is what it WILL look like when I get it installed.
      See my build

Jason

wow nice man :
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

this looks great!!

what tires are you running in the front?

Nice work, looks really good

Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      While it was sitting there I figured "why not put some subframe connectors in". Hahahaha. This is when I found the awesome floor pan tar & tin restoration. So while putting in the subframe connectors I ended up making new floors.

I tied the subframes into the rocker panels with X-bracing.

Through the floor subframe connectors tied to the rockers AND X bracing. Wow, You don't do things half way do you?
      Nice work. Gonna be nice!
      Kenny B

1970 Mustang Sportsroof

Quote Originally Posted by falcon65 View Post
      this looks great!!

what tires are you running in the front?
      They are BFG KDW 225's. I should have went bigger and I really didn't know why I didn't to be honest with you. I am sure a 235 would have fit. I am going to see if I can squeeze a 245 up there.

MK70, I don't want to put a roll bar in this car so I was trying to get the unibody as stiff as I can. I am trying to think how I can put some X bracing behind the firewall and back seat panel to try and stiffen it up more.
      See my build

Jason

Nice man, THE SPRINT's are rad!!!!

awesome, i was able to fit a 245 on all four. I love the subframes. Flippen cool.

very nice! you know you want to put a BBF in it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by windsor View Post
      very nice! you know you want to put a BBF in it ;)
      Hahahaha, like an aluminum hemi! I wish, It will most likely the Bennett Racing 382 windsor that is in my T-bucket and I'll pop the old 289 back in the bucket.
      See my build

Jason

cool car. i really like the X bracing from the connectors to the rocker.

Which rear LCA/shock mount did you use on your rear axle?
      Thanks, Wes

Quote Originally Posted by MoparCar View Post
      Which rear LCA/shock mount did you use on your rear axle?
      Thanks, Wes
      That was a picture I found from Griggs. I have not installed my rear suspension yet as I am saving up for wheels and tires. It is designed to attach where the front of the leaf spring mounts. The lower bracket welds to the spring perch and has three threaded holes for the lower shock mounting. There is a cross member that the upper shock mounts too. This is one of the things where the mustang varies from the Falcon. All their stuff is designed for Mustangs and not Falcons so I am sure I will have to tweak some of it.
      See my build

Jason

Project looks great Jason!

I really like the floor modifications as well.

By the way, I'm from Lafayette, La. also...
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com