Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      We only have lap belts for convertibles.
      That is the only safe way for having seat belts in a convertible at this time.

Billy

Country Flag: United States
      any shots of them installed in a 70 chevelle? while its apart, ive though of moving the upper mount forward.
      Tim

The WidowMaker: Garage Built 70 Chevelle

Special Thanks To: Rushforth Wheels, MuscleRodz, Kore3 & SC&C

Build Thread Link

Thanks Billy for taking my order.

Look on our web page at customer cars. There is a 70 Chevelle with our seat belts installed.
      I wouldn't advise moving the top mount as GM tested their cars with strength in mind and
      the mounting points are reinforced for that purpose.
      Billy

Also look at getting a set of CG-lock for three point set belts.

http://www.cg-lock.com/general/about

Name:  oceancity09 092.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  251.0 KB

I have them in my car, they are very nice, i hope I never have to test them out.
      They are a pain if you pull too hard to fasten them they lock, and I always have to help new passengers, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thank You for Purchasing from us and the Compliment
      Yes an even steady pull Will keep them from locking.
      Billy

Quote Originally Posted by 1969sschevelle View Post
      Name:  oceancity09 092.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  251.0 KB
      They are a pain if you pull too hard to fasten them they lock, and I always have to help new passengers, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
      That sensitivity is what saved my own and my passenger's life. Like you say..."wouldn't have it any other way".
      Who is wise? One who learns from every man... Who is strong? One who overpowers his inclinations... Who is rich? One who is satisfied with his lot... Who is honorable? One who honors his fellows" - Ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, 4:1

Especially after seeing that pic of your car, I might have missed it, but what exactly happened to cause such a horrible accident.

Honestly, I'm not going to try to excuse myself. Primarily it was misjudgment on my part. That said, there were some things going on that made the oversteer more likely to happen...the road had a wet-patch on corner entry, my rear tires were old and had low tread while my fronts were brand new BFG KDW 225's, and the corner itself is just inherently easy to underestimate. Most of these were my fault; I shouldn't have been driving on that road a day after it rained...I should have replaced ALL tires as they are THE MOST important part of the car. I downshifted a tad late coming into the corner which transferred weight forward...the rear tires being as bad as they were just couldn't hold the road and let go. I corrected the car and would most likely have recovered, but at this point it was too late as I was directly in the path of a work van which was careening towards me. The corner was blind so I did not see it coming. We kissed at about 45-50 mph each making it a ~100mph collision. The rest I prefer not to write about, it was absolutely horrific and terrifying...no one should have to experience this. Thankfully there were NO fatalities.

6 Months before my collision a police officer (professionally trained to drive) over-steered his Ferrari on that same corner, spun out, and died upon impact. The corner is only a 35 degree bend, which makes it VERY easy to underestimate; furthermore, there is just something about it that decompresses the suspension and puts the tires much closer to their traction limit. I'm sure ALL of us here have at one point driven aggressively, it's just a numbers game as to who gets picked and who walks away. But hey, to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
      Who is wise? One who learns from every man... Who is strong? One who overpowers his inclinations... Who is rich? One who is satisfied with his lot... Who is honorable? One who honors his fellows" - Ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, 4:1

What a thread, what a story.

Glad I have my Morris Classic belts........ Thanks for producing a great product Billy!!!

Scott,
      Thank You for The Compliment and for Purchasing from us.
      Billy

If anyone is interested in seatbelts and hasn't ordered per the group purchase I encourage you to do so. That way I get my belts sooner.

Call us to place you order 864-987-0032

Thank You, Billy

Last Day for Group Purchase. We will be here till 4PM today.
      Have a Safe and Happy New Year, Billy

Thanks Billy, looking forward to installing these soon.
      Have a great New Year!
      Tom Koontz

Got mine yesterday and can't wait to get them in the car!!! Thanks for the great deal!

wow that looks nasty glad u made it out ok

o & id like to get more info on the belts i have stock belts in my 66 impala & will be looking to up grade

3 point seat belts

If your car was made after Feb 66 it probably has the top mounting holes for the shoulder harness.
      If I can provide any info call us at 864-987-0032
      Billy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com