Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice project and good work!

I will say though, you southwest guys are spoiled... Rustbucket? Come to the rust-belt. I'll show you 4th gen firebirds with more rust!

-Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress

Quote Originally Posted by subtlez28 View Post
      Nice project and good work!

I will say though, you southwest guys are spoiled... Rustbucket? Come to the rust-belt. I'll show you 4th gen firebirds with more rust!
      Thank you.
      I used to live on the east coast, so I know what you mean about all the rust. The previous owner/owners decided to fill the rust holes and body repairs with fiberglass and bondo. I did not not expect to have to replace so much, but I guess I should have looked more closely. Oh well, live and learn.....
      I'm not exactly in the Southwest, either. Reno is much farther north, we actually get snow

Quote Originally Posted by CliffS View Post
      Major props and some skill there!! Keep the updates coming. Subscribed.
      Thanks and I will. I checked out your Firebird; looks good. I really like the hood

rickpaw: Thanks; I was pleasantly surprised to find so many other firebird builds on this site.

cobraguy65: Thanks. I was a little overwhelmed at first, but decided to start cutting and grinding. It became easier as I continued fitting the metal.

CruizinKev: Thanks

Very Nice work with the Quarters and Roof, my buddy has a 69' and boy he is never happy with that multi piece bumber!! i'll keep checking your progress. hope to see more posts soon.

-Leon-

Quote Originally Posted by 67 Camaro View Post
      Very Nice work with the Quarters and Roof, my buddy has a 69' and boy he is never happy with that multi piece bumber!! i'll keep checking your progress. hope to see more posts soon.

-Leon-
      Thanks I hear that the 67 is not that much easier to get right. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Making a little progress. I decided to cut away the inner edge of the outer wheel houses so that I could cut and tuck the rear quarters in a bit (I did that before I set the quarters on). I'm hoping to stuff some 285's back there.

I started by laying down some thin masking tape to mark a straight line.

Then I cut straight lines with my airsaw every inch or so.

I was able to bend each section by hand and follow up with just a little hammering to get the edge to sit flat.

I then spot welded.

Cleaned up with some sanding discs and sprayed a light coat of Zero Rust.

Hey 67rstbkt,

How was the after market panels? Did you have a hard time making everything fit like it should?
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

Nice progress. I always like seeing picks of panel replacement
      Traven

Quote Originally Posted by 67 ls1 vert View Post
      Hey 67rstbkt,

How was the after market panels? Did you have a hard time making everything fit like it should?
      They fit alright. The driver quarter sat almost 1/2" too high when I first set it on, but after cutting the bottom a little, I was able to get it to push down. The passenger side fit on with less hassle. The roof needed some trimming on the drip rail edges. Basically, I just installed,removed, tweaked, and installed until I liked how it fit together. I used self tapping sheet metal screws to hold everything together. When I was happy, I started welding, removed the screws, and welded in those holes as well.

Country Flag: Costa Rica
      Subscribing!

looking good

Jeff -- 96 Mustang - 2V Stroked Modular Turbo // 13 RAPTOR // 67 Mustang Fastback build - Coyote 5.0

Some updates:
      Messing around with tire options....

Here's the center section I spliced in from a Camaro. Definitely not perfect, but I'm still learning. Plus I inhaled too many paint fumes the day I did this.

And yes, I filled in the gaps with more weld.

USC all metal filler

That's all for now. I'm working on cleaning up the underside. I should have that in epoxy primer and Raptor bed liner soon.
      Joe M
      '67 Firebird

My build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...irth&highlight=

looking good!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

Nice project, will be following this build closely!

Cheers,
      Brian
      '72 GTO.

people must have run out of chevys. love that so many people are doing pontiacs. keep up the good work. you plan to keep the 400 in the car?

Quote Originally Posted by GM_muscle View Post
      people must have run out of chevys. love that so many people are doing pontiacs. keep up the good work. you plan to keep the 400 in the car?
      Thanks, and yes I'm sticking with Pontiac. I decoded the motor and it's around a 1971 motor, so not original to the car although the car was an original 400. I'm going through my budget and options with it. I don't think I can afford the forged stroker kit ($2000) and the aluminum heads ($2,xxx), so I'm thinking of doing the stroker and ported stock type heads now. Hopefully, I can get going on the motor soon

gto406 and GM muscle: Thanks
      Joe M
      '67 Firebird

Some updates. I finished cleaning up the underside. I used Dupont epoxy primer and followed up with Raptor truck bed liner. I also got the sub-frame apart, cleaned up, and all seams welded solid. It's at the powdercoaters right now, I should be getting it back today. Here are the pics.....

Joe M
      '67 Firebird

Country Flag: Canada
      I wouldnt be too worried about going to the Kaufman heads. On my fathers 68 Firdbird that has a 498 stroker pontiac in it they used Edlbrock heads and the car runs 11.0s on stock stlye suspension. Dont know if you need or want more.

Country Flag: Canada
      Ive been following your build and it looks good and things seem to be progressing nicely. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by 69fbodyproject View Post
      I wouldnt be too worried about going to the Kaufman heads. On my fathers 68 Firdbird that has a 498 stroker pontiac in it they used Edlbrock heads and the car runs 11.0s on stock stlye suspension. Dont know if you need or want more.
      Nope, that's about where I want to be. I'm still considering my options and doing research. It's looking like I'll do the stroker and stick with iron heads. I really want to go aluminum, but I want to get this car closer to being done something in this next decade. I can always swap the heads later on.
      Joe M
      '67 Firebird

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com