Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

65 mustang (k-model)

I though I would share my other project. My dad ordered the car in May of 1964 and got it in October he has owned it since. He raced it back in the day at the strip and at some SCCA events. We are now really getting this set up for drag racing. i know not quite what this forum is used to seeing, but its a really nice car and thought I should share.

The motor (spare motor)is my original block and rotating assembly out of my falcon, only 50K original miles. We took the motor apart and cleaned it all up and reassemble with some other good parts. The race motor is on the stand a 319 cubic inch SBF 13:1 compression and 0.600" lift cam. We are running the spare motor to test everything out.

The car has no new holes drilled in it, this was to maintain the K-model value. The rear suspension is leaf springs with slapper bars. It has a moser aluminum center section with a 4.86 spool and 31 spline axles. The 265 DOT slicks fit very nicely in the back. The rear wheels are 8.5" centerline autodrags. The street wheels/tires are 14 american mags real magnesium wheels 14" x 7" with 245 tires on all four corners.

The front suspension is my current build/design effort. It will have a bolt in coilover system using stock control arms. Afco T2s with 225 springs will be purpose built for drag racing but the design will be compatible with cornering. It also has the TCP rack. This was the only way to clear the 1.75" headers. It has subframe connectors with a custom bolt in drive shaft loop.

More build info to come. Here are some pics.

The first picture is of my dad and I and our cars.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com