Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Quote Originally Posted by KEISLER View Post
      Hi Al,

I hope there are a bunch of us out there flogging the Road & Track 6-speeds this year.

I am working on the TKO and some other models as well to round out the offerings.

Shafi
      ==========================================
      Shafi:

Do you have an update on the interruption boxes you were looking at to work withthe Road and Track 6-speed?

What is the latest on the Blip as well?

Thanks,

Ty

Country Flag: United States
      Lingenfelter just came out with an ignition cut module for LS engines.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tra...gear-sets.html

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Lingenfelter just came out with an ignition cut module for LS engines.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tra...gear-sets.html

Andrew
      ==============================
      Andrew:

Thanks for the information.

Bettie Page I NEVER get tired of seeing her. (Olivia did a good rendition of her)

Was this ever released? I can't even find it on the Keisler website.
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

I missed this the first time around but this is one of the coolest things I've seen on the board. I second Matt's question!

Hello:

There are several products I have found that will work with a "Clutchless" 6 Speed Transmission. If you have a chance check these out and let me know what you think, or even better if you are using one or all of these, please relates some of your experiences with them. It appears us mortals are on the verge of really being able to afford some of the technology that was for the most part for "High Dollar Race Teams Only".

The following parts appear to add in a very positive way to the attributes of the Dog Box Type Gearbox. Anything you can share about each of these items would be greatly appreciated.
      ================================================== =====

Has anyone out there used a T-56 or "H" pattern Dog Box Transmission in their cars?

What type did you use and how did you like it?

Did you use any of the accessories that were offered by other companies, that allowed you to "Flat Shift" the Gear box? The link below allows you to flat shift your "H" pattern Gearbox. Without letting up on the throttle at all.

http://www.holinger.com.au/pdfs/hgk-sa.pdf
      ========================================
      Did you use any of the accessories that allowed you to downshift using a "Auto Blip" function?

I have heard that Holinger would allow this function also when used with the "Master Shift" Product.
      Have you seen any of the products offered by a company called, "Master Shift"?

http://mastershift.com

http://mastershift.com/newvideogallery.html

They offer a product that allows you to paddle shift a "H" pattern Manual Transmission.

Here is a YouTube Video showing how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0YYqu0C9MM&NR=1

Has anyone heard anything about the Proshift Product line? This product also can be made to work with a Keisler Road and Track T-56

Proshift.com

Hypothetically one would think that if you used a combination of these parts with a Dog Box Gearbox, you could get performance similar to that of a sequential transmission.

This said, I have found very little about that type of use.

Is there anyone on here that has any experience with this application, OR, any of these three products, and how did you like the design and functions of the product.

I look forward to anyone who can shed some light on this topic (s).

Thanks for taking a look at this,

Best Regards,

Ty O'Neal

Ty,

The things that you have listed above are all doable in my opinion. I just don't think that many people have done this, thus you aren't getting a lot of responses. Essentially any dog-ring transmission can be paddle shifted if there is a mechanism in place, such as the mastershift system. If the mastershift system is combined with a engine ECU that has a programmable "flat shift" feature, then the shifting can be done without using the clutch. The "flat shift" systems allow for a momentary ignition interrupt just before the shift. The ignition interrupt take the load off the input shaft which allows a dog-ring transmission to be shifted. If the engine ECU also has the ability to control an electronic throttle body, then it is possible to implement clutchless downshifting with rev matching. Essentially the ECU knows what gear the transmission is in and what speed the vehicle is traveling, from there it is a simple matter of adjusting the DBW throttle to get close to the desired RPM in the next lower gear.

All of these systems have been implemented for years on race cars.

Instead of the paddle system, I would prefer a shifter like the ones made by Ikeya. They make a shifter that turns an H-pattern trans into a sequential pattern:

http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/product_...ashu-shifter-e

If they made a shifter like that for the T56, then it would be simple forward and back motions for shifting.

Andrew
      Last edited by andrewb70; 11-13-2011 at 11:16 AM.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Ty,

The things that you have listed above are all doable in my opinion. I just don't think that many people have done this, thus you aren't getting a lot of responses. Essentially any dog-ring transmission can be paddle shifted if there is a mechanism in place, such as the mastershift system. If the mastershift system is combined with a engine ECU that has a programmable "flat shift" feature, then the shifting can be done without using the clutch. The "flat shift" systems allow for a momentary ignition interrupt just before the shift. The ignition interrupt take the load off the input shaft which allows a dog-ring transmission to be shifted. If the engine ECU also has the ability to control an electronic throttle body, then it is possible to implement clutchless downshifting with rev matching. Essentially the ECU knows what gear the transmission is in and what speed the vehicle is traveling, from there it is a simple matter of adjusting the DBW throttle to get close to the desired RPM in the next lower gear.

All of these systems have been implemented for years on race cars.

Instead of the paddle system, I would prefer a shifter like the ones made by Ikeya. They make a shifter that turns an H-pattern trans into a sequential pattern:

http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/product_...ashu-shifter-e

If they made a shifter like that for the T56, then it would be simple forward and back motions for shifting.

Andrew
      Andrew:

Thanks a million for tackling this question, and the link to go with it.
      I will be seeing right after this. After I get my current right in the road, I really want to investigate doing this. I can't help but thing this was be a really trick way to having something actually real new to PT.

I'll see if I can keep you posted on this, and if you think of anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ty

tyoneal(at)flash.net (Direct)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5