Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51
    Results 1,001 to 1,015 of 1015
      X2 that, I'm guessing now perhaps maybe a 255x15x60 with stock ride height? I'm getting to that point on my 64 F-85 any ideas would help. With stock springs mine sits a little to high so I have 2 inch drop springs in the box.
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      64 F-85 post car Resto-Mod project-my RV when I retire

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
      If you don't mind me asking, what was the largest tire you were able to run without the mini tub ?
      Even sitting pretty low we had room for a 295/35-18 in the rear on a 9.5" wheel. Under severe road course use it would show signs of rubbing the lizard skin off the inner wheel tubs but never heard it while driving. Just for the record, the front allows for a 275/35-18 with the same thing on rubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by therobski View Post
      X2 that, I'm guessing now perhaps maybe a 255x15x60 with stock ride height? I'm getting to that point on my 64 F-85 any ideas would help. With stock springs mine sits a little to high so I have 2 inch drop springs in the box.
      I'm not sure how the early Olds compares to 64/65 and 66/67 Chevelles but the later years had more tire room in Chevelles. On my wife's 64 Chevelle wagon we run a 255 up front and a 275 in the rear with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      Even sitting pretty low we had room for a 295/35-18 in the rear on a 9.5" wheel. Under severe road course use it would show signs of rubbing the lizard skin off the inner wheel tubs but never heard it while driving. Just for the record, the front allows for a 275/35-18 with the same thing on rubbing.
      was that also with a 9.5" wheel in the front?

That's correct, a 9.5" front wheel also.

That's correct, a 9.5" front wheel also.
      Looking at wheels now, what was the backspace on your front wheels?

Seems like it has been years since I posted an update about the Chevelle. Certainly nothing happens as fast as we would like in the shop, at work, around the house or anywhere for that matter. But, I'm happy to say the Chevelle is back on the road/track and feels great. Two weekends ago we ran the Midwest Musclecar Challenge which is closest to our home of all the events we run. Of course, after wrecking it in August of 2015 (two years, nine months) it was right down to the wire wrapping things up to head out. Here's a handful of pictures to show the new color and the brake upgrade we made. More to follow during the "Pro-Touring season".

Just a cool one Deb took from her wagon while we were staged for the auto-x

Deb bringing the wagon and Sam the 66 into the Terre Haute Airport for the auto=x

Miss seeing posts from the Farrington’s! New color and those giant brakes look awesome! Really like that color of red on the calipers too. Giving me mod-fever for our ‘66!

Chris Johnson

'66 Chevelle Malibu

Hey Tom! Car looks great. Good to see it back on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by WildCherry66 View Post
      Miss seeing posts from the Farrington’s! New color and those giant brakes look awesome! Really like that color of red on the calipers too. Giving me mod-fever for our ‘66!
      Thanks Chris, still lots more room for improvement, but getting behind the wheel provides a lot of motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by 1965_SS View Post
      Hey Tom! Car looks great. Good to see it back on the road.
      Thanks Todd! Any updates on your improvements?

Thanks Todd! Any updates on your improvements?
      Oh yeah....... I started a thread over on Lat-g, check it out.

As usual the cars are looking good Tom and it was great to see you, Deb, and Sam at an event! It seems like forever!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Hi Tom, very impressed how you make that car round the curves, I saw on TV.

I planned on only patching holes on my car and now have the body off. The frame is thin in spots and going to blast it and see how it is. I’m wanting your advice on benefits of the convertible boxed frame or box mine with additional stiffening or it is ok stock 66 2dr HT.

I’ve previously tracked Taurus SHO and Z28 and 944 and don’t expect to put this one on the track but now is the time to prepare if the idea ever came along.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1968 View Post
      Hi Tom, very impressed how you make that car round the curves, I saw on TV.

I planned on only patching holes on my car and now have the body off. The frame is thin in spots and going to blast it and see how it is. I’m wanting your advice on benefits of the convertible boxed frame or box mine with additional stiffening or it is ok stock 66 2dr HT.

I’ve previously tracked Taurus SHO and Z28 and 944 and don’t expect to put this one on the track but now is the time to prepare if the idea ever came along.

thanks
      Wow, it's been so long since I've updated this thread and so many changes have been made. I'll put that on page four of my to do list...

I definitely think a boxed frame is a good idea whether you track the car or not. Stiffness takes some of the variables out of how the suspension works. It's getting tougher and tougher to source factory boxed frames so I think the ABC kit is the best thing going. I also never planned to track mine as we built it, but that quickly changed as we completed it.

Good luck!

Remember the last A body frame I boxed, squared the frame before I started. Remember the one rear frame horn being an inch high on one side, stuck a block of wood under the main rail and stood on it, and it bent easily into place. Without being boxed those frames are really flexible.
      Ron Schwarz

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com