Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      ......and then last week we ran it down to Darrin at Cutter's custom stitchin' for the headliner and back seat.
      Beautiful car Tom, sorry to hear about the damage! Looks like it turned out good though. The wheels and grill look good also.
      Just drove by Darrin's about 3 hours ago! Would LOVE to stop in there and see your car. I'll probably be out there a couple times before wednesday (we are building a house about 3 miles down the road).

I want to see that when finished! Looks great!

i like the car looks great!! have a question tho where do you buy foam like that.(back seat)
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Love this 66, I'd love to see pix of your skid plate, thinking of something like that for my 68.

Quote Originally Posted by sr73bu View Post
      The car is looking awesome Tom! good luck at RTTH's... i'm going to try and make it next year!...seriously...

Unfortnately the procar seats are collecting dust in another project (first yours,now mine)...haha

-Sean
      Sean, Deb and I understand more than most that nothing happens as fast as you want. (at least on projects) Well, deadlines come fast, but that's all!

Your car looks great though!

Quote Originally Posted by COPO-RAT View Post
      Beautiful car Tom, sorry to hear about the damage! Looks like it turned out good though. The wheels and grill look good also.
      Just drove by Darrin's about 3 hours ago! Would LOVE to stop in there and see your car. I'll probably be out there a couple times before wednesday (we are building a house about 3 miles down the road).
      Wish you had stopped by and to take a look. We're picking it up today after fitting the back interior panels with Darren's help. I'm sure it will be back down there over the winter for some custom carpet. I'm sure you'll get a chance to see it down the road.

Wish you had stopped by and to take a look. We're picking it up today after fitting the back interior panels with Darren's help. I'm sure it will be back down there over the winter for some custom carpet. I'm sure you'll get a chance to see it down the road.

Damn, i wish i had time to swing by today.

Good luck.

Alright, finally had some time for the first installment of updates. On the way from Indy to Pigeon Forge, TN for Run Thru The Hills I hit a small bump on the highway and heard a horrible noise that I thought was coming from the right front suspension. Long story short, I was way off on the location and it turned out to be a rearend noise. Luckily Debbie and Sam were following with the truck and trailer and I was following Matt (bowtie67). So, loaded it on the trailer and hauled it the rest of the way down to Bill Howell's place. After it stopped pouring Deb, Sam and I backed the car to the edge of the trailer and removed the differential cover. Well, much to our surprise, a ring gear bolt fell out when we did. Then, upon inspecting it a little more we found another one lodged between the ring gear and posi carrier (apparently a noise that I heard during a SCCA auto-x a few weeks before). A little more digging and we found that the remaining ten bolts were all hand tight and one was already out about 3/16". So, after borrowing a couple bolts and sending Deb to the parts store we had it all cleaned up and tightened back up with lock-tite. Let me just say this, I paid a guy to rebuild the rearend in the wagon and 66 about six or seven years ago and apparently he wasn't the expert he claimed to be...

holy crap you got lucky. suprised it didnt tear up any teeth off the gear
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Tom, all I can say is you're a lucky man, and I'm not talking about the ring gear bolts, I'm talking about this picture right here. Deb and Sam under the car at night helping you fix it!

I'm really glad we got to hang at RTTH and that our wives got to meet and hang out a little. Next year should be even more fun!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Herb, believe me, I know how good I have it! But, Deb started paramedic school and Sam broke his wrist last night playing tennis. So looks like I have lost most of my wrench turning help getting ready for OUSCI. Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have depended so much on them!
      And Deb really enjoyed meeting Carol and is looking forward to having a "girl" to talk to at future events.
      Tom

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      holy crap you got lucky. suprised it didnt tear up any teeth off the gear
      There are a few chips on the teeth, but really didn't hear any new noises for the rest of the weekend and trip home. We did make a gear change from the 4.56 to a 3.73 since then, so all is well now...

If I didn't see it, I wouldn't believe it.
      Man, that is one for the record books. I am surprised you did not have more damage.
      That, and you pit crew establishes you as the luckiest guy around.
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

Herb, believe me, I know how good I have it! But, Deb started paramedic school and Sam broke his wrist last night playing tennis. So looks like I have lost most of my wrench turning help getting ready for OUSCI. Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have depended so much on them!
      And Deb really enjoyed meeting Carol and is looking forward to having a "girl" to talk to at future events.
      Tom
      Congrats and good luck to Deb, I'm sure she'll be the star student! Too bad about Sam, tell him he doesn't need to hit the ball so hard! lol! I bet he's bummed!

Carol had a great time and was pretty happy having Deb, Jenny and Christi there to help dilute the testosterone a little!

I'm sure you'll be ready for OUSCI and if you're not, just let me know, I'll find a way to get the time off work to take your place!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Tom, all i can say is that you got lucky with those bolts.

And what was sam thinking to brake his arm before OUSCI?

Remember if you have to have last min help, just call me, if mike or i can help we will. (we dont charge much, cookies will be fine)

Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      Tom, all i can say is that you got lucky with those bolts.

And what was sam thinking to brake his arm before OUSCI?

Remember if you have to have last min help, just call me, if mike or i can help we will. (we dont charge much, cookies will be fine)
      Obviously Sam was being selfish when he broke it! Thanks for the offer, I think we'll be good, but if everything starts to fall apart I will definitely call you! I'll get Kaytllin slaving over the oven making cookies....

Tom

Tom im sure a broken wrist wont stop him from helping..always need a tool gopher..lol..if ya run into needing help im only a few hours away and love them Cookies your Daughter makes..lol..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

That is one awesome picture of the whole fam damily under the car!!
      Priceless!!
      Life is Better Spent in the Garage
      Laine O

72 Camaro, 468, TH400, 3:42 = FUN!
      92 Camaro RS, Restored Autocross wannabe

LIVE LOVE DRIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevrolaine View Post
      That is one awesome picture of the whole fam damily under the car!!
      Priceless!!
      x2 on this comment! You have a great family that sticks together when the chips (or bolts in this case) are down!
      Jon U.

1968 GTO - SC&C Suspension, Forgeline SO3 Wheels
      Build Thread
      1967 911 with a few mods

So, the one problem we've had consistently since getting the car on the road has been cooling. Normally we cool fine cruising down the highway, but after running it hard on an auto-x or road course the temp climbs. I kept thinking getting more core size was the answer and now on the third radiator we still weren't where we wanted to be. Of course we were running a "3000" CFM Zirgo fan with no shroud. Here are some pictures of the current solution. Two Derale tornado two speed high output fans (12" & 14") with an aluminum shroud. We fired them up the other day and we were worried about the dogs getting too close to the front of the Chevelle... They each have two speeds so I wired them both to come on low with a 185* on 170* off sensor then high speed to another sensor that comes on at 200* and 185* off. It's a heavy setup, but keeping cool has to come first!

Last edited by tommycomfort; 10-12-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com