Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Twin Turbo SB Mopar

I am looking into doing an twin turbo 360 out of a dakota in my roadrunner. I was wondering where I could find a set of headers to fit the turbos, or where i could find a kit for a 360 engine. Also if any one has done this befor if they could give me some info on how to set up the turbos. Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...splay.php?f=14
      Some good info there. I know of atleast 1 guy with twin's at 10psi and making mid 500's for hp at the tires. Are you keeping the EFI? What about the internals? If you do not have it, get the book Maximum Boost by Corky Bell

there are supercharger kits out there for around 3 grand but I am not aware of any bolt on headers for turbo's. Unless you want to have custom ones made, you will be better off getting some shorties and flip em upside down on the opposite sides (now with the outlets facing up on the front of the motor). Either that or do remote turbo's

I am not keeping the efi. I plan on just building a 360 with a good cam, aluminum heads, just about max performance without stroking it and then twin turbo it.

I went with a procharger in my sb challenger which was suprisingly easy to fab up. I was going to do a twin turbo set up but in a low boost application I feel like the cost of having headers made, at least good ones, is too expensive. The easiest turbo option would be a rear mounted kit like sts does. I have heard many good things and I imagine it's pretty easy to make it work.
      72 challenger
      RMS Alterkation
      Airbar w/ coils overs
      422" R3 motor w/ F1 Procharger

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      Unless you want to have custom ones made, you will be better off getting some shorties and flip em upside down on the opposite sides (now with the outlets facing up on the front of the motor). Either that or do remote turbo's

Port configuration on LA and Magnum engines won't match up to a flipped exhaust manifold.

Inexpensive way is to run down tubes from the manifolds with expension joints, and run them to the turbos.

Otherwise it is custom fabbed headers, and for a turbo application, probably stainless. Although, I suppose you could get some shorties, cut them off at the flange and then flip them over and reweld them. Might have turbo sticking out through the hood line that way though.

join theturboforums.com l;ot of good info on there

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com