Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

!964 Merc Comet Project

Anyone with Photoshop skills care to create my newest project in to a pro-touring image?

Car: http://img233.echo.cx/img233/3699/dscn01419qr.jpg

Wheel style: http://img55.echo.cx/img55/228/e2sm4gv.jpg

Messed around on my lunch with it.

Modified the moldings, eliminated the turn signals on the fenders.
      Sorry the rims don't line up as well as I like but the image you supplied was hard to work with.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States

1964 Comet

There was a 1964 Comet at Sema that looked good from 10' but the quality was not there.

My dad has recently purchased a 64 comet to restore. He is making it like the car he had when he was 18. If your interested I'll post the pictures.
      It was his first car,first new car, and a car given to him from his father on his birthday for working the farm for 3 years without pay. His dad passed away around 1975.

Well, I'm home sick and couldn't sleep, so here's my version...

EDIT: I thought it needed to be more colorful.

the sema car did look good in the photo. then again farrah fawcett still looks good in photos.

Here's my attempt!!!

You guys are the sh*t with Photoshop. i have tried my hand a few times and couldnt get it to look half as good as you guys. Darkbuddha's is pretty much what I am gearing towards, not that the rest are not good. but I am going with a color similar to that, but i do like the two-tone paint scheme too. Dang! You guys have put some serious fire under me to get this completed.

Kevin: if you could post some pics and suppliers he used, that would be great. parts are hard to come by, especially sheet metal.
      And I am sure he knows, but almost all chasis and suspension parts interchange with same year Falcon and 65-66 Mustang.

Got it.

Nice job on the 2 tone... I thought I'd try it using the upper body line instead, but it doesn't look as good I don't think... oh, and you might try to keep your pics in the 7-8 inch wide range so they fit better on the screen.

Anyway here's my 2 tone version, with modified grill, and new lower grill in the bumper too. I like the grille mods...

Quote Originally Posted by 64Comet
      You guys are the sh*t with Photoshop. i have tried my hand a few times and couldnt get it to look half as good as you guys. Darkbuddha's is pretty much what I am gearing towards, not that the rest are not good. but I am going with a color similar to that, but i do like the two-tone paint scheme too. Dang! You guys have put some serious fire under me to get this completed.
      I'm glad you like the photochop. It really wouldn't take much to get that look pretty cheaply... basically I lowered it, gave it some rake, tinted the windows and blacked out the vent window trim, blacked out the wipers, shaved the antenae, door handle, emblem, and hood ornament, and rear pillar trim, and I modified the side trim by raising the lower part. So, some drop/cut springs, some lowering blocks, some simple body work and door actuator kits, and you'd be 90% of the way there... then you've just gotta do the other 90%.

BTW, in the 2 tone version I posted, I modified the grille and chopped the front bumper to add a lower grille (which copies the top grille) as well. I also shaved the outer part of the headlight extention trim. I'm not sure I like the 2 tone totally, but it there is something about it...

Sorry about the size!!! I will keep them smaller next time.. Hope you liked it!!!!

Last edited by 65chevelle''ss''; 04-16-2005 at 04:50 AM. Reason: fix it

Country Flag: United States
      dang 65chevelle dude...what are those 30's?

Dark: I am actually going to try to fab a Mustang "Shelby R" racing front apron to the body in place of the bumper. I am going to modify the apron rather than the body in case it doesnt work out. I saw it done to a Falcon a long time ago and it looked sharp. I think the R apron design and huge front vent will go really good with the grill setup on the Comet. I think the toughest part of the build is going to be the offset and backspacing for the rims i want to use (18x8.5 fr and 18x9.5 rr). The company I called to order them from only has them in a 35 and 40mm offset. They had no clue about backspacing, so i need to call the manufacturer. They are designed to fit BMW, Audi, Acura NSX etc. The rears will be easy to fit, its the fronts that concern me.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcanally
      dang 65chevelle dude...what are those 30's?

Ya I probably got a little carried away on that one!!!! I was kinda in a hurry, my bad!!! It's the thought that counts, right???

Dark: I am actually going to try to fab a Mustang "Shelby R" racing front apron to the body in place of the bumper. I am going to modify the apron rather than the body in case it doesnt work out. I saw it done to a Falcon a long time ago and it looked sharp. I think the R apron design and huge front vent will go really good with the grill setup on the Comet. I think the toughest part of the build is going to be the offset and backspacing for the rims i want to use (18x8.5 fr and 18x9.5 rr). The company I called to order them from only has them in a 35 and 40mm offset. They had no clue about backspacing, so i need to call the manufacturer. They are designed to fit BMW, Audi, Acura NSX etc. The rears will be easy to fit, its the fronts that concern me.
      The Shelby front valence would be cool. I think it'd be easier to maybe start with an actual Mustang piece and then modify it to fit.

As for the wheels, backspacing is always an issue. Most modern cars actually use positive offset which isn't right for our older cars. Worst case scenario you'll need spacers.

Your idea + 10 minutes of my time =

Interesting...now that its on the car, it doesnt look so good. I think I have mixed feelings on it, doesnt flow as good as i thought it would. It looked like it was a natural fit on the Falcon. Thanks for the addition. I think it looked better in my head...I am going to have to think about that one. I may form something in the bumber like you suggested or leave it bone stock and shave a few things.

Interesting...now that its on the car, it doesnt look so good. I think I have mixed feelings on it, doesnt flow as good as i thought it would. It looked like it was a natural fit on the Falcon. Thanks for the addition. I think it looked better in my head...I am going to have to think about that one. I may form something in the bumber like you suggested or leave it bone stock and shave a few things.
      It could be that my rendering just doesn't do it justice. I certainly
      didn't get the color quite right, and it doesn't have any shine at all.
      You might just look at some pics of Falcons with the same valence if
      you can find some and see how you feel about those.

The newer mustang wheels (bullit?) that look like the old torque thrust "D"'s would look good on that car. Can anyone photoshop those on his car?

Cake... oh, and I tried painting the bumper to get that "stock car" vintage trans am look.
      Whatcha think?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com