Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27
      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      I meant to mention this a month ago. Your comment about the NSRA nats isn't entirely correct. Your car's pic is in Street Scene. That doesn't happen unless lot's of people like it. I assure you that people admired your work whether they like mav's or not.
      Thanks! I saw that too. I guess I didn't type that right above. What I meant was that the older NSRA reps, the true older "street rod guys" didn't really care for it. Every single one of them literally walked right by it as if it was a new Hyundai parked there! Personally I don't care, if anything I found it funny. I built the car to y taste for my daughter. I don't care if anyone else likes it, but I certainly appreciate the ones that do.

I had a photographer for one of the major titles that has several different automotive magazines under their letterhead shop it around. None of their Ford magazines cared much for the car enough to have him come shoot it. Doesn't bother me at all, but I think like all car guys I think its cool to get a car featured in a national magazine.

Now the prep begins for the Detroit Autorama in March. Can't wait!!!

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

Country Flag: United States
      I've always wanted to build a Maverick or Comet. Your car just makes me want one even more. Beautiful car and great work. Congratulations.
      Lucas Johnson

1972 Mach 1 552", my first car
      1974 F100 daily beater/race truck. 396" aluminum headed Ford FE
      1963 Riviera, 401" Nailhead, low and slow cruiser
      1970 Cadillac Coupe Deville, 472" road trip car

Glenn, the true older street rod guys just need to accept something. People such as you & your 72 & me with my 83 with all our next level diy stuff going on ARE the new old street rod guys in a sea of late model bought not built rides. I mean damnit, you got a 47 year old car here. That's older that the 32' fords were when many of them started messing with them. Their tunnel vision is causing them to not even have a clue how much they'd appreciate you work if they pulled their heads out their butts & really looked at it. So they are just missing out. Plain & simple.

But, no matter right. You by now have many thousands of people that love what you did seeing just pictures of it on the internet that you will never hear say so. Your work is enjoyed & appreciated by a portion of the population, so that's all that matters.

Keep polishing & picking at the small details, no true hot rod is ever finished.

Car looks killer great job. This just popped up on Facebook.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

There's a guy that I'm acquainted with that takes very good pics. He liked yours enough to include yours in his Detroit coverage. I
      d call that a serious compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod47 View Post
      Thanks! I saw that too. I guess I didn't type that right above. What I meant was that the older NSRA reps, the true older "street rod guys" didn't really care for it. Every single one of them literally walked right by it as if it was a new Hyundai parked there! Personally I don't care, if anything I found it funny. I built the car to y taste for my daughter. I don't care if anyone else likes it, but I certainly appreciate the ones that do.

I had a photographer for one of the major titles that has several different automotive magazines under their letterhead shop it around. None of their Ford magazines cared much for the car enough to have him come shoot it. Doesn't bother me at all, but I think like all car guys I think its cool to get a car featured in a national magazine.

Now the prep begins for the Detroit Autorama in March. Can't wait!!!
      Part of the problem, I think, is that you accomplished exactly what you set out to accomplish. What I mean is, the modifications to your car are so well thought out and integrated that they don't look like modifications. For someone not intimately familiar with Mavericks, the car appears to be a really detailed stock Ford Maverick with fancy wheels. Please take that as the compliment it is meant to be, because to have pulled off the level of modification you did without it looking like a "show car" is exceedingly difficult. Beautiful car, and stunning execution!
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

Saw the latest my classic car show Saturday morning.
      Saw a really cool looking blue maverick that looked familiar.
      Funny thing, owner also was named Glenn.

Watched that episode, very cool!

https://youtu.be/z_h4JaUu-Ig?t=490

Everywhere I go, this blue car pops up.

I also saw your car on MCC, looks great.

Joe

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com