Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Any of you guy's have experience with the Aeroquip Starlite hose for fuel line? It Say's it rated for fuel line.

I called Aeroquip. They said the starlite will omit fumes. I bought their teflon hose with the steel fittings.

Lightweight and Durable; The choice of professionals.
      Race proven - approved by NASCAR, NHRA, IHRA and other sanctioning bodies. Pre-dyed black Nomex cover with a red tracer braid to ensure peak performance and a consistent fade-resistant appearance. Increased abrasion resistance and overall hose strength by adding Kevlar to the fire-retardant Nomex cover. Eaton's Aerospace AQP patented technology provides a smooth, firm, higher performing inner tube. StartLite hose assemblies are up to 45% lighter in weight than conventional high performance assemblies.

Application: Fuel, lube, coolant, and air.Tube AQP Elastomer
      Reinforcement
      Cover Black Nomex with a red tracer braid
      Temperature -45 Deg. F to +300 Deg. F (-43 Deg. C to +150 Deg.)
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Teflon hose

Pump gas has been deteriating rubber hose for years, all of the manufactures have been using metal tubing or plastic tubing for over 15 years because of this problem. I use Teflon Hose that I purchase from Pure Choice Motorsports for all fuel requirements and I have not had any problems. Give them a call with your questions. 928-505-8355

Willy,

Welcome to the site. But your information is about 2 years old... see posts 5 and 8 of this thread.

jp
      Last edited by parsonsj; 07-07-2010 at 08:21 PM.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...49c519f71b64d3

Stainless steel lines with teflon lining

wow, just read this thread and it may answer a problem with one of our customers cars, we can always smell fuel but cannot find a leak, he has -10 braided hoses from the rear all the way to the front!

Anyone read the new issue of Hot Rod yet?

Hey, Marlan Davis must have read my column!

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Is there any problem with the Teflon or PTFE hoses getting hard over time and cracking?

The thought I have going through my mind right now is the crappy plastic tubing that comes with many aftermarket gauges and how they become brittle over time due to heat cycles. I'm not sure what material they are made of, but I've read and heard of too many stories where those lines break, usually used for oil pressure gauges, so I never use them. I would assume they are a different material, but wanted to ask anyway.

Teflon vs. nylon is an apples to oranges comparison. Teflon is basically inert to just about everything except some acids. For fuel, it should outlast the rest of the car. The main things to be careful about with off-the-shelf hose such as Aeroquip is to keep the hose far away from exhaust/heat and do not allow the hose to kink. If it kinks, throw it away. Same goes for any plastic/teflon/non-metallic hose or tube.

Nylon is also an excellent material to be used with fuel as long as it is not subjected to heat. But, there are very few nylon-type hose kits available except those from Drman. I believe that those components are nylon based with additive packages to suit the appliation.
      Last edited by CarlC; 02-06-2011 at 02:50 PM.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

For those looking to use Teflon braided hose check out his stuff. It's the industrial version of the race stuff. Same specs but a TON cheaper.

http://www.aeroquip.cc/aeroquips-twseriesfc807hose.aspx

Here's part of an email I received when I asked them is there was any difference between the two. I asked about thier 2807 hose since I wanted to use a -10 for my return line.

None what-so-ever, the FC807 has a red tracer line in it to identify it but the FC807 is no longer in production replaceds by S-TW, the 2807 meets aircraft specifications so it is more expensive and the S-TW is the industrial equivalent with the same tolerances. If used for Aerospace applications please stick with 2807, everything else I would say S-TW unless there is some specialty application you need to address.

Might be worth checking out. Also they have other Aeroquip hoses/fittings at discount prices.
      67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by 67 455 Bird ragtop View Post
      For those looking to use Teflon braided hose check out his stuff. It's the industrial version of the race stuff. Same specs but a TON cheaper.

http://www.aeroquip.cc/aeroquips-twseriesfc807hose.aspx

Here's part of an email I received when I asked them is there was any difference between the two. I asked about thier 2807 hose since I wanted to use a -10 for my return line.

None what-so-ever, the FC807 has a red tracer line in it to identify it but the FC807 is no longer in production replaceds by S-TW, the 2807 meets aircraft specifications so it is more expensive and the S-TW is the industrial equivalent with the same tolerances. If used for Aerospace applications please stick with 2807, everything else I would say S-TW unless there is some specialty application you need to address.

Might be worth checking out. Also they have other Aeroquip hoses/fittings at discount prices.
      I am on the hunt again for new lines,after hearing from fast that there was no way the line in the kit could be leaking I went through the entire system,removed the fuel tank etc and have yet to find any leak that could cause the fuel odour in the garage. I talked with a local fellow today who recommended this Goodyear NL 4522 rubber hose. Apparently it is OEM spec and good for up to 250 PSI. Why are there so many different opinions on this,or is it a lack of knowledge? I am between that and the PTFE, both are -6. Anyone have any experience with -6 PTFE? How well does it bend? I have one spot where I need the line to almost make a 90 degree bend.
      72 firebird , SD performance 464" 455,KRE D ports, EZ EFI,Dougs 1 3/4,3.5" custom oval exhaust,TKO600,Kore 3 C5/C6,DSE subframes,Full cage by Radical Rides(Thanks Dave,Johnny,Campbell,Bill,Lee and Gabby!!)

I've been using nothing but -6 PTFE with zero problems. Hardlines are also a safe bet.

Do not go smaller than the recommended bend radius. If you need to go smaller then you may want to consider using a -6 bulkhead 90*, hardline bend, or other method to make the turn.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

I have been using the S-TW for this summer with FI, and zero problems anywhere. Super simple to assemble and nice variety of fittings. I got all of my stuff from aeroquip.cc as mentioned in the thread. Cheaper than the rest and makes a nice job.

What about non braided hose. I hate when it acts like a ground. I smoked an oil cooler line on a viper because the hose was acting as a ground.

Very good info. Fuel stinking up the garage was the last thing I wanted. Has anyone used the aeroquip teflon hose and how bad are hose fittings to install?
      2003 Silverado RCSB with Procharger
      1967 GTO LQ4/muncie project

Good reading, guess I'd better get some PTFE for my ls swap... quick question, anyone have tips or pics on assembling the ptfe hose fittings? (Aeroquip) thanks! Dan
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible project LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1972 Corvette LT1 Stock
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by 68sixspeed View Post
      Good reading, guess I'd better get some PTFE for my ls swap... quick question, anyone have tips or pics on assembling the ptfe hose fittings? (Aeroquip) thanks! Dan
      Check the link in post 44. Appears about the same procedure to assemble any AN hose and fitting.
      Oliver Shultz
      It's OK to giggle and snicker. don't laugh and point

Some great info here ! Thanks guys!
      Used to be known as 455regal

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface5384 View Post
      http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...49c519f71b64d3

Stainless steel lines with teflon lining
      Has anyone used the teflon hoses and fittings from here? Good? Bad?
      Used to be known as 455regal

I almost bought Russell Pro Classic hose for my EFI swap, did enough research to find out that wasn't the best option, ended up ordering Earls Ultra Pro PTFE -6 with Polyester cover with fittings. Here is a link to the hose, 33' roll was $295 which will allow me to run both the feed and return line, as well as replace my tranny cooler lines. My suggestion as there are a lot of hose options out there that are supposed to be rated for gasoline, but aren't a good idea.
      https://www.holley.com/products/plum...ester_braided/
      Jayson - '65 Beaumont Convertible

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com