Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Andrew McBride View Post
      just out of curiousity, wouldn't running hard lines be a better route?

fuel lines is something I don't know a lot about, so sorry if its a dumb question.
      Yes, as much as possible. You would still need flexible line at certain points. Such as from the chassis to the engine, for example.

Oliver Shultz
      It's OK to giggle and snicker. don't laugh and point

Had a friend go through this recently and he ended up replacing his entire system with the teflon lined hoses and cured the problem that he had of stinking his garage up with the smell of fuel, even though his never actually sprung a leak....just smelled like fuel all of the time.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

I saw a commercially advertised PTFE for sizes larger than -6 but it was a while ago. You may need to go to a hydraulics store and see if they carry it. An aircraft hydraulics supplier might be able to help as well.

A -6 PTFE with a Walbro 255 will easily feed 600FWHP.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Or go to Brown and Miller Racing Solutions.

They carry PTFE hose and associated fittings up to 20 AN.

http://www.bmrs.net/progold_main.htm

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleRodz View Post
      Don't ever buy Earls or Russel for for hose, absolute junk. Use only Aeroquip, Stratflex, or any other MIL-SPEC quality hose.
      Did some digging -- MIL-DTL-8795 covers complete hose assemblies which contain hose material governed by MIL-DTL-8794

MIL-DTL-8795F
      4.4.2 Test fluid. The test fluid shall be water; lubricating oil conforming to SAE J1966, grade 50;
      hydraulic fluid in accordance with MIL-PRF-5606, MIL-PRF-87257 or MIL-PRF-83282; or fuel in
      accordance with ASTM D471, ASTM Reference fuel B.

ASTM D471 The link will take you to the complete document which I was surprised to find available on the net -- it's an interesting read.
      This is Reference Fuel B: IsooctaneA, 70; TolueneA, 30

In short, the results of the ASTM testing state much higher swelling in high octane fuels and ethanol mixes than would be seen in Reference Fuel B. I don't think this is the whole story, but it's a piece of it.

so i have a aeromotive SS kit 17122 on back order which comes with braided line. should i cancel the order and build my own? its for a 408 stroker AFD 2V headed clevor motor with a Mighty Demon 750 annular carb and Viper T56.
      69 mustang coupe:
      building 408 clevor AFD 2v heads, forged internals
      promotorsports:bumpsteer kit, negative wedge kit,520 progressive coils, shock tower reinforcement kit
      shelby drop, mustangs plus:4 1/2 rear leafs 180,
      racing shackles, sfc's, posi, moser engineering
      daytona pinion support, 31 spline axles, vintage 48's 16x8's

From experience and after reading this thread I would cancel that kit and buy the lines somewhere else
      Rick M.
      hMMMMMMsss....
      1969 Camaro real RS SS DSE LS3 6M TWiiN TURBO in the make!(taking forever!!)..any donations apreciated hehe

Could we make this thread a sticky?

It's stuck.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

glad I am reading this. I was going to order my lines tomorrow.

I was going to run the russell proclassic hose were flexible lines are needed. The rest of my lines are going to be s/s so I should be okay.

Aren't most of these hoses that are failing nhra approved?
      ---------Fabian Sanchez-----------
      71 velle Project Syckness ATS,Rushforth wheels,PRRC, Autometer,UMI, Hotchkis,QA1,hood-latches.com, comp cams,

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=43881

Looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by EFI69Cam View Post
      This is what I am going to use on my fuel system.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pro...p?Product=3490

All the other rubber lined stuff will disolve in fuel eventually.

Theses hoses and the ends that are to be used with them look just like Goodridge and are over half the price. The specs are the same as well... Anyone know any info about this??

http://www.j2precisionhose.com/produ...s/SECTION1.pdf

http://www.goodridge.net/
      James J.

Glad to find this, my Russell hoses are stinking up my garage now that I can't regularly drive the car. I had planned to replace the flexible line front to rear with Russell pn 639490 1/2" aluminum line good to 250psi from Summit along with the proper RUS-639223 fittings. I'll have to look into replacing the rest of the flexible line with the PTFE stuff next I guess.........

Jim
      1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

ok problem solved ...them lines = history hehe ...back and running ,had a lil fun and then it ran out of gas = (
      Rick M.
      hMMMMMMsss....
      1969 Camaro real RS SS DSE LS3 6M TWiiN TURBO in the make!(taking forever!!)..any donations apreciated hehe

Does anyone know anything about the Fragola braided lines at Summit? The are suppose to be teflon lined. Not sure if they are Chinese are if they are good lines.

I am also glad I found this thread! I have been running the Earls pro lite 350 hose for the last 3-4 years on my EFI setup. Have ALWAYS had the gas smell in the garage. Just about to install a new injector setup so now is the time...

I ordered new teflon lined hose from Pegasus, will be here Monday. I cant say enough about their customer service, they care about the customer.

I plan on cutting my old hose open for inspection ((2) 3 foot lengths), I will post pics of my findings. I think I might block off one end and pressurize the other @ 45 psi then submerge under water to watch for bubbles before I cut them open

Thanks for making this a sticky!
      Tom

This is a great thread, I'm getting ready to buy my fuel lines. Good info.
      Tom awesomw art work on the wall. Where did you get it?
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Lol,
      I just had some pretty new lines spew on me. I thought it was me. Guess you get what you pay for.
      RJ Cilurso
      67 Camaro with a few things bolted to it
      12 Camaro with a few things bolted to it
      50 Chevy 5 window p/u with a few things unbolted
      USAF

I found this interesting technical sheet on rubber hose

http://www.gates.com/common/download...chTipsForm.pdf

Well I finally got around to cutting my Pro-Lite hose open. The hose is 5 yrs old (approx).

I did not find any of the cracking that John talked about but I did have an interesting observation.

I pressure tested (under water) the Pro-Lite and the new Pegasus hose at 100 psi. The Pro-Lite would have small bubbles coming from the hose and around the fittings. Don't get me wrong, they were intermittent but they were not trapped air from putting the hose under water.

The Pegasus hose had ZERO leaks period. I left it under water for 5 min. The Pro_lite starting weeping within 20-30 seconds.

I also measured the ID of both lines, Pro-Lite = .310", Teflon lined = .369"

Tom

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com